G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Would you buy a base coupe or....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Would you buy a base coupe or....

I'd suggest going for the base coupe. I just ordered a BS base coupe a couple of weeks ago. What colors did you find? After reading alot of the complaints about the 18" tires, sunroof noise, Bose stereo, and cracking leather seats seemed like the base coupe with a nice aftermarket stereo is the way to go.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I swore when I first went in to test drive the coupe that I would be quite happy with the base version...No brembos no stick no 18" wheels and posi rear...just an average nice sporty car....well I did for go the 6 speed...I'm probably still a little sorry I did...but did not settle for a lesser car for what I really wanted....I'm glad I got the options I did....it makes for a real fun car...except the tires su*k in the northeast winter and be real careful about getting close to curbs or anything for that matter....all that aside...I absolutely love this car...don't settle if you really don't have to....I waited over 3 Months to get my coupe since I ordered it...so good things come to those who wait...LOL with your decision..2old4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners and Piaa's to be installed

Old 02-03-2004, 10:57 PM

If you're going to be broke, you might as well be car broke! Just kidding!

I agree with the others, wait a few months to save more to put down.

Trust me, it's worth the wait.
Blksnake - '04 G35C

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by blksnake on 02/03/04 07:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-04-2004, 12:38 AM

You've waited that long. The car will be even better when you get it. I don't know if this could work out for you, but doesn't it take a few months for the guys that ordered their coupes with exact options? You could order the better one right now and in a few months, with enough money for the premium new one.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-04-2004, 08:19 AM

Well, now that I think about it, a base coupe might be all I want. I don't want a sunroof and personally I like the look of the coupe without the spoiler. I would like 18's on the car, but I can always add those later if I want. I luckily found a Diamond Graphite base coupe (I wanted silver, but DG is just as nice to me) with willow interior that I really like. I might take it for a test drive this weekend.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:26 PM

I'm facing a similar dilemma. After much research, my wife and I decided her next car would be a '04 G35S (6MT w/leather, DG/G, aero kit & splashguards - and no other options). Try to find that car - it doesn't yet exist in conus; so, we ordered it @ $29,750 and expect a 12 week wait. Now I'd like a coupe for myself; and, upon reflection, I have to admit that I admire milady's taste.... Hmm, so maybe a DG/G, 6MT, aero w/splash guards would suit me quite nicely. Do I need the Premium Pkg..? Not really; I'm not a sunroof fan and the remaining amenities have no effect on my pulse rate..ho-hum.. However, this car may well not exist (in this incarnation) as yet either - most coupes seem to be more generously endowed.. uh, optionwise. So, in this regard patience may well be the best advice. After all, we hope to have long meaningful relationships with our cars - so why not wait for just the "right one"..? Besides, kickin' tires & test drivin' is a lotta fun...

Old 02-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally I would rather get a new base model then a loaded used car. I hate getting something that you don't know how it was taken care of or abused and not broken in properly. The base model looks basically the same and to the causal eye, you can't really tell the difference. You get the same engine and performance, just not all the bells and whistles. To the average joe on the street it's the same car. Same therory goes for different models, I would rather have a base upper model car then a loaded lower one if the price was the same.

Old 02-27-2004, 02:58 AM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are good points in the prior post; I agree, base models are good to buy, yet on trade they can take a hit. Now, an 04 base can be had for 27k , Invoice. For the same range, a leather sunroof premium car with 10k miles can be found. Now, an 03 base, no option car should go for mid 20s, say 24 or 25k... If I find this car in DG,OB,BW, I will buy. Just don't let me find out at the NYC car show in April that the new 05 is redesigned, and that the 03 will drop to 20 grand!!!!!( thats Solara money, damn!

Old 02-27-2004, 05:29 PM

moe, where can you get a base model coupe for 27K. No one is discounting the coupes that much in South Florida.

Old 02-28-2004, 02:11 AM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quirk Auto. Quincy and Braintree Mass. The cloth cars are rare so check Infiniti.com for that locations inventory. They are infamous, always 3k off of MSRP, close to or below invoice. They sell cars in bulk for the factory kickbacks, but they rarely service return cars from new owners. Some theorize that they skimp on the PDI, the pre delivery inspection. They just got the Infiniti franchise, so Nissan wanted them to up their sales even more. Nissan is on a tear this year, so Quirk will help.
http://www.quirkcars.com/specials/infiniti/infiniti.htm

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ts&Main=130241
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by moe on 02/27/04 11:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>