Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Lol If ricer mods could melt away this world would be a better place

Old 10-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
How do you wash out the undercarriage when it is below freezing. You would be floating on a patch of ice in my neighborhood.

:wishtherewasacommonsenseemoticon:
Well I'm not a scientist nor do I have a PhD in washing cars, and I'm not sure why you'd assume this is done at home since below freezing = your hoses aren't functional. Now that we have the really confusing parts explained, I've broken down my process into a few very simple steps that you can attempt if you're feeling adventerous:

1. Go to carwash bay
2. Spray water under car
3. clean car
4. go home

Now, repeat steps 1-4 whenver its slushy or dirty outside.

NOW, you might be upset because driving home will dirty the underside again. but it wont. unless you drive through a river on your way back or its 30 minutes away. your fender liners will get dirty again but they're plastic so it doesn't matter.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (01-25-2014)
Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
I am about to drive up to Rochester, NY where the forecast is for flurries and light snow...I don't think it'll accumulate anything, so do you guys think I will be ok with my summer tires? That is...if I drive extremely safe?
Just don't be an idiot and you should be fine I drove all 3 of my mustangs (yes v8) in the winter and with more torque winters are nice but when I was 18 and it was a bad winter I had bald all seasons on my mustang I made it fine (drifting is fun) but just make sure you aren't running summer tires same as someone else said they will be rock solid blocks of ice if it's cold enough out (I live in Canada) oh and make sure you slow the f right down making turns or understeer can be scary if you don't know how to use your throttle properly. brakes don't help you stop a slide in snow use neutral if it's really slippery and there is some snow to help you slow down
Just what's worked for me in snow and cold

Drive to the conditions (car and weather)
Aside from driving style snow tires are the next biggest help in cold/snowy weather

Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys! If you dont mind could you take a minute of your time and fill out our survey. Thanks!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CJGBSMW

Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I don't have any of these undercarriage washes near me. Gotta use a spray gun I suppose.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
How do you wash out the undercarriage when it is below freezing. You would be floating on a patch of ice in my neighborhood.
Local car washes usually do an undercarriage only wash for $2 or so. Usually in the winter I run the car through that after some time driving in the slush. At some point though when it gets cold enough, they shut down. It also tends to freeze my doors closed.

Problem is where i live and need to drive, the roads stay a slushy mess for some time. The state lays down TONS of salt that turns the roads white. In the daytime, the sun melts the snow, it flows into the street and all that water is pretty much dirty, salty water. I can wash the undercarriage all I want, unless i leave the car in the garage, it's gonna get salt all over it again in no time.

Name:  photo_1_zpse8bde29f.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  330.2 KB

Ugh...not looking forward to this in another month or two.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Local car washes usually do an undercarriage only wash for $2 or so. Usually in the winter I run the car through that after some time driving in the slush. At some point though when it gets cold enough, they shut down. It also tends to freeze my doors closed.

Problem is where i live and need to drive, the roads stay a slushy mess for some time. The state lays down TONS of salt that turns the roads white. In the daytime, the sun melts the snow, it flows into the street and all that water is pretty much dirty, salty water. I can wash the undercarriage all I want, unless i leave the car in the garage, it's gonna get salt all over it again in no time.

Ugh...not looking forward to this in another month or two.
We sometimes get a blizzard here in NJ

Mt car tends to look like your after driving on the Turnpike and Parkway but so what

It's only a car

Name:  Gisbehindthecloseddoor021110002.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  47.5 KB

Salt and snow had no effect on my 06 G35 that I traded in last year

Name:  Milestone17_3457.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  50.8 KB

Telcoman

Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
For those of you driving with polished TCCs the salt just KILLS the polish. Ugh.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

First world problems!

Old 10-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Ain't that the truth.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Jaydem
So i am considering a G35 couple 6MT. I currently own a S2000 and CRV. I purchased the CRV to drive during the winter months (s2000 couldnt do it) I am trying to sell both and get one car. My question is, if needed would the G35 handle the snow well?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
New to this forum and a new owner of a G35 Coupe purchased in December 2013.

Thankfully, I have not hit anyone or killed myself because of the lack of traction and sliding related to the rear-wheel drive and the treads on my tires...

Certainly not the fault of the car or the tires I might add, I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car.

Now, the search for snow or all-weather tires begins!

Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Audwin Jones
New to this forum and a new owner of a G35 Coupe purchased in December 2013.

Thankfully, I have not hit anyone or killed myself because of the lack of traction and sliding related to the rear-wheel drive and the treads on my tires...

Certainly not the fault of the car or the tires I might add, I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car.

Now, the search for snow or all-weather tires begins!
If you can afford tire swaps (120$ a season) then buy winters and run summers in the summer.

The purpose of the snow specific tires is ability to be pliable in the cold weather. My summer Nankings are rock hard when it's cold outside. If you want all seasons and you get dangerous amounts of bad winter weather they make snow chains. You only need them for the rear.

I don't take my car out when it's 8"+ or more and untamed roads.

Audwin Jones (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM
If you can afford tire swaps (120$ a season) then buy winters and run summers in the summer.

The purpose of the snow specific tires is ability to be pliable in the cold weather. My summer Nankings are rock hard when it's cold outside. If you want all seasons and you get dangerous amounts of bad winter weather they make snow chains. You only need them for the rear.

I don't take my car out when it's 8"+ or more and untamed roads.
Thanks for your reply and I will take what you shared to heart. However, is there a middle-ground somewhere? Like a classy all-season tire that bumps up the safety in the winter, just enough, but maintains a good look the rest of the year?

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my G35 last year, first RWD car and I have no problems in the snow up in Canada, i do use bridgestone blizzak lm tires in the winter and I actually turn off traction control, i hate that it brakes when im trying accelerate. Anyway i have fun and enjoy driving in winter, get to have a bit of sideways fun, without wearing out the tires to quick.

Audwin Jones (01-28-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Audwin Jones
Thanks for your reply and I will take what you shared to heart. However, is there a middle-ground somewhere? Like a classy all-season tire that bumps up the safety in the winter, just enough, but maintains a good look the rest of the year?

Thanks!
Most all-season tires will get the job done. For some reason Hankook rings a bell as a great All-weather tire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe during winter time?