G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2kracing.com not worth it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2kracing.com not worth it

Just thought I'd let you all know that 2kracing.com is not worth the hassle. I canceled an order, and after they confirmed that the order was cancelled, they charged me and shipped the order anyways. After I called and put in a merchant dispute, some guy named John called me screaming, threatening to charge my card double even though he got the merchandise back. Just another reason not to order online.

Old 02-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Re: 2kracing.com not worth it

Just a quick follow up, I had to cancel my cerdit card in order to prevent them from charging me again. now I have to wait for two weeks to get a new credit card.

Old 02-05-2004, 09:51 PM

Those guys are located in LA. definitly not worth getting anything from them. All they doo is hook up Supra's that are like 15 years old.

They really dont know what they are doing.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 02-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two notes here.. one, as long as you dispute it and have cause, your credit card will take the money back from their bank for you, and two, if your credit card supports it, create one of those temporary 1-month card numbers with a limit that you set (for just barely over what you're buying + tax + S&H), then if they do try to double-charge you, it's merely declined and you can keep your original card, which has a number they'll never see.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:52 AM

My credit card did take the money back. That's why the guy called up screaming saying he was going to charge my card again for double. I told him it was illegal, but he said he was still goint to do it. To make it waore, it was my debit card. Now I'm outta luck for like two weeks.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:03 AM

MasterCard or Visa, If it's MC i can give you a customer service number, they'll look into it from there also and make sure that it's taken care of through your bank in a timely manner by pressuring the bank.

04, 6mt, Twilight Blue, Premium, Aero

Old 02-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ack. Never, ever, ever buy online with a debit card. The money is gone until you get the claim resolved. With a credit card, you can dispute the charge and not be out the money until the matter is handled.

MBNA America has what they call ShopSafe. Citibank just calls it a Virtual Account Number. Other banks are picking up this trick, as well. If you want to purchase something for, say, 223.47 with tax & shipping, make a temp number good for $230. If the try to double-charge you, it's declined with no effort on your part. You can even use them for automatic subscription payments. You can make the number good for 1 month or 1 year. Say your internet provider charges 18.95/mo, you set up a number for $240 ($20x12mo). Then if you cancel on them, they can't keep charging you months down the road. Something you may want to look into.