G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

W.T.F. - Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe
W.T.F. - Extended Warranty

So I took my car in today for that 'hissing' sound, knowing that basic warranty is finished and extended warranty is in effect. I was told i'd be charged $150 DIAGNOSTICS fee before they do anything. AND if they find a problem taht is not covered by warranty, that fee will stay. WTF - when i was buying Ex. Warranty i was never told of this, but instead told that "Yea, its exactly as Base warranty, only longer" speach. MADA*****RS

Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sounds like theyre jewing you...Read up on your extended warranty and see what it says...

Old 09-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by 1trueG
Sounds like theyre jewing you...Read up on your extended warranty and see what it says...
haha

Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea i had some fun w/ the coverage on my Ex warranty. I went in to have them change out some light bulbs that had burned out. I know they are easy to do but i just figured... since i have an Ex. warranty it will be covered. LoL, i was sure wrong. They were gonna charge me almost 200$ in labor to change out a couple of wedge bulbs. I just laughed, grabbed my keys and left.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Infiniti offers different ones. Some better than others according to cost.
Read the fine print and see which one you bought.

Had one on my 97 diesel truck 7/100K. All was covered bumper to bumper with $50 deduct, except on my engine which required a $150 deductible each time if it was engine related.
Sales ppl always make it seem its the best one they're selling you and have paid for, only to find out different when you need it, it IS in the fine print and is only the so-so one. Con-artists I swear

Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sounds like a basic warranty. You pay the diag fee ($150 is insane btw) if its a warranty issue they go through your extended warranty and they cover it. If it's not a warranty issue why would your extended warranty cover anything? This is very common.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Coupe
well, i checked my warranty papers (just to make sure) and i have ELITE (1337)

Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 PM
you have to see if you have a deductible though... they tried to give me a deductible but when i was reading my paper work i caught it and told them if they gave me a deductible they could keep the car. so i have no deductible.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:22 PM
That's nothing.. my local dealer tried to charge me $300 for diagnostics when my engine service light came on.. And that was when I had my basic warranty. Needless to say I didn't pay it, and it just ended up being a throttle body that had to be replaced.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
they have basic extended warranties that have a deductable and ones that are an extension of your original warranty that covers bumper to bumper for free...sounds like you were a cheap dumb as$ and bought the wrong one

Old 09-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by g35rcr
they have basic extended warranties that have a deductable and ones that are an extension of your original warranty that covers bumper to bumper for free...sounds like you were a cheap dumb as$ and bought the wrong one
Or the dumb a$$ rip off sales person sold him verbally the best for big $$ and it ended up being the crappiest one.
Honestly...how many ppl sit a read all the fine print while in the sales/finance office during purchase

Old 09-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Coupe
Well, i did get the $0 deductible ELITE warranty, checked the papers before i signed them and everything was nice and handy. But what the service manager told me is when Financial department sells the warranty, they 'forget' to mention the diagostic fee which may (and probably will) apply later on. Of course its deducted IF they find the problem AND its coverd by my warranty. What pisses me off is salesman told me that "OH, SAME AS BASIC WARRANTY - ONLY LONGER" yet when you get down and dirty, you have to fight for your damn RIGHT to use warranty as needed.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Infiniti offers different ones. Some better than others according to cost.
Read the fine print and see which one you bought.

Had one on my 97 diesel truck 7/100K. All was covered bumper to bumper with $50 deduct, except on my engine which required a $150 deductible each time if it was engine related.
Sales ppl always make it seem its the best one they're selling you and have paid for, only to find out different when you need it, it IS in the fine print and is only the so-so one. Con-artists I swear
exactly.... its all about wat insurance co. the dealer works with... My work deals with Cuna mutual... next time i'll advise u guys to get ur extended warranty thru ur credit union... they do offer ex warranties as well as gap insurance.. and trust me when i say its llike comparing AAA service to mercury insurance service

Old 09-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I work at a dealership and run into this situation all the time. Believe it or not, there is no such thing as an extension on your manufacturer's warranty. It always goes through an secondary extended warranty company or one of the manufacturer's subsidiaries. Lately, manufacturers have been selling off their subsidiary extended warranty companies and using outside warranty companies. And what's stupid on their part, is that each individual dealership uses their own different external companies. For example, my Honda dealership uses Universal Underwriters, but I also get other customer's who purchased their vehicles at other dealerships carrying Easy Care extended warranties or other warranties I have never seen before. But what that does is, if you go into a different dealership that does not know you even have the extended warranty (all dealership systems operate independent of one another) and if you tell them that you do without knowing any of your warranty information, who are they to charge for the repairs for your vehicle? And the diagnostic charge is their in case your extended warranty does not cover the repair in the event it is not a covered item or caused by damage to the vehicle. That's why I bought the warranty at my own Honda dealership and will do my own repairs here instead of at the Infiniti dealership.

Credentials: I am a service advisor at Philadelphia Honda so I know what I am talking about. I'm one of the jerks at the desk that you're complaining about.

Last edited by Cloud_35; 09-18-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Banned
I took my car into the dealer which was covered under the manufacture warranty with i TSB that i thought affected my car. To my surprise it was just tire wear that had the car pulling to the right. I was charged for diagnotic fee, which is understandable.

Why would you not be charged if the problem found dealt nothing with the warranty?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W.T.F. - Extended Warranty