G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window fog issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window fog issue?

Ok I know this is a weak question but I am as confused as can be. It was a little humid out a couple nights ago and I like to drive with my windows cracked. I had some fog build up on the outside of my window, In every other car I have owned I would just put my ac just under or above the outside temp and all was good. For some reason I couldn't find a combo to get rid of this damn fog in my coupe. It said it was 73 outside so I tried everything from 70 to 75 degree's with no help. I ended up having to use my wipers to get rid of it every min or so. Am I missing something? Could I have a small leak somewhere getting moisture in my car? I am clueless about this and its rather annoying. Any ideas?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
My car does the same thing. It's because with the A/C on with the defogger, your window gets cold and causes condensation on the outside of the window which is why the wipers remove it(rather than the fog/moisture being on the inside). Next time this happens try turning your heat on in the car at like 80-90 degrees while on manual mode, putting the front window defogger on(your AC will automatically turn on when you do this), and then manually turn off the A/C by hitting the Air-Conditioner button. After doing this, your car should still be in the front window defog mode, but your AC will not be on, and warm air will be being blown onto the windshield from the inside and preventing that outer condensation from happening while also keeping the fog off of the inside of the windows. You'll probably need to keep your fan speed at at least level 2 out of 5 in order to keep the fog off the inside of the windshield while doing this, so make sure your windows are open a bit or it might start to get really hot in the cabin.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You may also try cleaning your windows!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mixturepinoy my car gets watched every friday at 5pm and this was happening fri/sat around 2am so it wasn't a dirty issue.

partyman66 thanks for the info i will give it a shot. So if its like 75 and humid out, you still suggest going 80-0 degrees? It was funny because after being completely clueless on the different combinations i gave up and called some friends while i was out and they were cracking up. I put over 15k into my coupe have a full carpc setup and I cant manage to remove condensation on my window lol.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Meth68
partyman66 thanks for the info i will give it a shot. So if its like 75 and humid out, you still suggest going 80-0 degrees? It was funny because after being completely clueless on the different combinations i gave up and called some friends while i was out and they were cracking up. I put over 15k into my coupe have a full carpc setup and I cant manage to remove condensation on my window lol.
I'm not really sure of exactly what the make-or-break temperature is to put the system on to keep the windows clear on both the inside and the out.. I actually usually set mine all the way up to 90 to keep it simple and just put the blower on the front-window-defogger-only setting so it's not blowing onto my legs at the same time as the windshield, and the fact that the side windows are at least partially open usually keeps the rest of the car at a comfortable temperature.

Someone mentioned that they thought it was from the windows being dirty, but to tell you the truth... I think it's actually from the exact opposite of that. I wash my car at least once every 10 days and wax it like once every 5 weeks or so, and I also wax my windshield. I think that the fact that the outside windows are soo clean and also waxed might have something to do wtih the fact that water condenses on it soo easily. I've noticed that when my car is freshly waxed, it picks up condensation on the paint at night noticeably quicker than all the other cars in my yard... but when it's in need of a wax, it doesn't do that. If the same theory holds true to the waxed/cleaned windshield as it does with a waxed/cleaned paint surface, that would help explain why you and I are getting such a foggy outer window with the AC on Defog.