G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Entry/Exit ASSIST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entry/Exit ASSIST

I have an 07 coupe. My manual says I have this "feature" The Infinity propaganda (web site/brochures/etc) Says the feature is available with PREMIUM package which I have. Infiniti Canada says I have it and the dealership will help me activate it. The dealership says "it's easy we will show you how". When they cannot activate it, they get in a little huddle and come back with "This feature is ONLY available on Sedans"

I suspect the feature is NOT available, yet they advertised it as AVAILABLE. I don't suspect that it is a malicious ommision, just a mistake. NOT a "bait and switch" just an ooops. Be that as it may. Am I unreasonable to expect something more than "It's a mistake - Just a typo" ?. I shakes my confidence in the entire brand, when their representatives (the dealership) gives lame excuses (but no apologies) and essentially give glib "flying by the seat of their pants" responses but no remedies/solutions or compensations. Kinda miffed. Any other 07 coupe (automatic only) owners unhappy about the missing feature/benefit ? Let's unite. False advertising is BAD FORM.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They use a lot of the same materials for both the sedan and coupe. I believe that feature is not available in the coupe because it would interfere with the exit/entry function for the rear seats. I had the same issue with the G37. My manual says it's available, but come to find out it is only for the sedan.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately not available on 6MT models in gen 1 sedan. Not sure about coupes though.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 coupe exit assist

I looked online at the g37 owners manual and it very specifically says "sedan only" for this feature. In my 07 g35 owners manual it has very specific instructions on activating it with a series of button pushes/delays. It DOES say it is NOT available on the standard tranny. The sedan has a very easy to use on/off switch for the feature. They may have wisely de-activated the feature so back seat passangers don't have the front seat coming back and crushing/squeezing their legs/feet. Be that as it may they are not very congruent about the feature. None of these experts at head office or the dealers themselves have a consistant explanation. When you first bring it up they make you feel like perhaps you are "simple" or half-witted and will need help programming it. Once they have had a "kick at the cat" without success you get some kind of back-pedelling about how it's NOT SUPPOSED to come equiped with that. That's the frustrating part. It's the BS. I hate that. Incidentally my owners manual is Coupe Specific. NOT a multi vehicle coupe/sedan version. Here is a quote from my owners manual:

Initializing entry/exit function
The entry/exit function can be activated
or cancelled by pushing and holding the
SET switch for more than 10 seconds
while the ignition switch is in the LOCK
position. The indicator light will blink
once when the function is cancelled, and
the indicator light will blink twice when
the function is activated. If the battery
cable is disconnected, or if the fuse
opens, the entry/exit function will be cancelled.
In such a case, after connecting
the battery or replacing with a new fuse,
open and close the driver's door more
than two times while the ignition switch
is in the LOCK position. The entry/exit
function will be activated.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I'll see what happens in a few min!