G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G was the middle of a car sandwitch - bad!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My G was the middle of a car sandwitch - bad!

wow... i was just invovled in the same type of accident as you last saturday with my G. Same conditions too, rain and slick roads. Lady ahead of me came to a complete stop, as did i, but the kid behind me, who i'd say was goin bout 40 didnt stop til the last minute. I was sandwhiched. They guy behind me was the only one to receive a ticket. Luckily though, everyone was fine. As for the G, i drive an auto G and the crazy thing is the tranny locked up. I wasnt able to shift back to the normal drive postion. The rear bumber wasnt pushed in heavily but the trunk wasnt damaged. The rear panel by the gas lid and several ripples and dents. As for the front, the grill is no more and the hood wont even open. the bumber is pretty much gone too. Luckily those $1000 a piece HID lights werent damaged.

I wont find out til the body of the car is pull apart as far as the amount of the total damges. But from what has already been assessed, its about $7000.00

As much as i think we would both want our cars to be totalled, ( i want a white G now.. haha ) At least those involved were ok. It could have been worse right?

Rainer
2003 G35 Coupe CB .... currently out of order

Old 02-24-2004, 01:00 PM

Mike....I wonder if the insurance will still cover for your clear bra?

Old 02-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[rant]The police wouldn't even send out a cop to do a police report?? THAT shocks me. Cops come out all day for those kinds of accidents, as they block up the road and are a major hazard-- what, are you going to pull flare out of your a$$ and warn oncoming motorists? What about if it goes to court and there's no report, nor an official testimony-- just your word vs. the other driver? What if someone has latent injuries and there's no one to radio for the neerest ambulance? They were just not doing their job, and that's just reprehensible.
[/rant]
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 02-24-2004, 04:35 PM

I totally agree. Thats why I called 911 in the first place (doing my civic duty to report the accident, as I was not 100% sure that everyone was OK). 911 did transfer me to the local police, and they were the ones that told me that they do no come out for non-injury accidents. It might be possible that each police department by city might be different.

As for the damamge, the body shop has already told me that it will be a fix not total. After looking at the damage on Monday, I could probably concur - but we will see.

As for the clear bra, my Insurance will not cover it, however, since I am not at fault, the third party's (rear vehicle) insurance will most likely pay for it. As the clear bra was installed pre-accident. My insurance will cover the car in the condition it was at time of purchase. So the black chome effect on my badges is covered, but the clear bra is not (through my insurance). The end-all is that someone will be paying for the clear bra.

I spoke to Daniel at EDL in Torrance today and he is getting my old invoice for the clear bra, so I have proof of the install and its cost.

That's it for now.
I will keep you guys posted.

Mike.

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite/Prem./Nav/Aero
1994 MR2 Turbo 5MT Black/Prem.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Alumni****

i'm kinda surprised about the cops not wanting to show up.. i kno the police around my area swarm on any situation, be it an accident or someone being pulled over.. when my accident happened, i had 2 CHP, 3 sheriffs, 1 ambulance, and 1 firetruck come to my scene..

in regards to your accident, i would say it would be "close" to a total loss, but it's hard to say.. my rear end damage wasn't as bad as yours, but my front was completely gone.. i would say you still got an easy 10-15K worth of damage..

good luck with everything.. i hope your insurance company handles everything very fast so you can get back into your G.. glad to hear you came out clean too..

David
03.5 Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT Premium (7-14 ~ 12-10)
04 Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT Premium 18"

Old 02-24-2004, 06:22 PM

make absolutely sure you have a good body shop to fix your car. DO NOT listen to the dealer, they don't always necessarily know the best shops. my coupe was rear-ended by an SUV last summer, towed to my dealer. the dealer sent it to their shop, the shop completely botched up the repair TWICE. the repair was so bad and unsafe, that if the car was rear-ended again, it could have killed/maimed me. the insurance company had the car sent to another shop and it was fixed again. the panels still don't fit together well in my opinion, and the car is not the same anymore to me.

so take it from me, and make sure you get a good repair shop...take the time to look around...i was out of my G for 6 months because of this

03 Silverstone 5AT G35C Performance

195365-Picture_0411 (Small).JPG

Old 02-24-2004, 06:29 PM

this is a pic of the car after the final repair...the body shop put the logos back on wrong, i had to order new ones and reposition them

03 Silverstone 5AT G35C Performance

195371-Picture 004 (Small).jpg

Old 02-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think I have as much of a gap between my trunk and the lights/bumper.....not to bum ya.....<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 02-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you are OK! That looks brutal! On a side note... would you be interested in selling your left tail light cluster? It doesn't look that damaged. I'd just like to take it apart and see how it all works.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 02-26-2004, 12:45 PM

Just to keep everyone up to date, I am still waiting on the repair manifest from the Bodyshop. I need to call (yet again) the third party insurance to give my statement.

All seems to be going well so far.

Take care.
Mike

Old 02-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch! hope everything works out till the end!

Old 02-26-2004, 07:34 PM

I had a similar situation today in my G Coupe. The truck in front of me slammed on brakes, I slammed on brakes (Brembos, I did not hit him), but the guy behind me made contact. But, that's not the bizarre part. The guy in front of me, who I avoided to begin with, then backs up into the front of my car. I know it sounds crazy, but luckily the guy that rear-ended me saw him back up too.

The police weren't going to come out in the beginning (no injuries), but the guy that backed into me was not cooperative in giving his information. Turns out he has the insurance for people who cannot get insurance anywhere else (run by the state I think).

All is well that ends well. I get estimates on Monday, the rear guy's insurance is covering the rear and the front guy's insurance is covering the front. My G was the only car damaged.

Petie

2003 AT Coupe/Red/Willow/Prem./Aero

Old 02-27-2004, 01:46 AM

Accidents like that make me scared. I know that no body shop in the world can make my G the same as it was from the factory.. =*(

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Who did they have working on positioning those emblems? Helen Keller?

I mean even if I was a body shop owner and I didnt have a template or anything to work with, I would look up and see where the emblems go on a G coupe and position them better than those bastards! That's a HACK job and a half!

Sorry to hear about everyones accidents.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 02-27-2004, 12:28 PM

"Who did they have working on positioning those emblems? Helen Keller? "

Holy **** ducatiguy, I almost pissed myself laughing when I read that! Helen Keller...LOL, its made my morning.

As for the truck backing into you - what a jackass!!!

Ok guys and girls, I left statements with my insurance and the third party insurance yesterday. Now the witness' testimony is important, becuase the third party insurance (car behind me) needs to proved that I did not hit the car in front first - so they don't have to take 100% fault for the accident.

This made me worried yesterday, since I don't want to be blamed for the accident at all!!

Well I guess we will see how it pans out.

I welcome the weekend with open arms and an open beer!!

Take care and I will keep you updated!

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G was the middle of a car sandwitch - bad!