G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Shes Gone... Finally Writing About It

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Shes Gone... Finally Writing About It

Well it happened August 31st. It was a Friday afternoon. I was heading home to Glendora from Rancho Cucamonga, heading west on the 10 FWY. This is around 2:45 pm. Im flying down the freeway around 80 mph. I think to myself, "Why are you in such a rush to get home, you dont have sh*t to do." So I decide to slow it down and cruise it home around 75. About 5 minutes later, I hear tires losing traction. Within a second or two i feel impact on my right hand side. It felt like someone totally turned into me. And instantly, I hit the person on my left hand side. Im seeing everything in slow motion now. I know exactly what has happened. And now im wedged between two cars. Neither of them would give way to let me get out. My brakes are to the floor and pulled the e brake but no luck. I am being dragged for about 50 Ft. Seemed like it was 10 seconds long. You can see my tire marks on the FWY til this day. I saw flashes of people in my life and people I haven't seen in awhile. Totally thought I was gonna die that day on the FWY. The car on my left finally gives way and pulls to the shoulder. The Guy who hit me, drives on the shoulder for about 100 ft (probably thinks about whether he should stop or take off) jumps back on to the freeway via the carpool lane and takes off. My car is totally jacked. I try and follow him but realize there was no way i'd catch him. It turns out that the guy I hit was heading home from a graduation. They were in a 4 car caravan. So family of the guy I hit go after the guy who hit me, knowing this was the guy who caused the whole thing. They actually got him 2 miles down from where I pulled over.
It turns out that the guy who hit me, had a seizure. Police report tells me that he forgot to take his medication that morning. The police report also says that since the guy didn't know what had happened (supposedly because of the seizure) that it wasn't considered "Hit and Run." And now this guys insurance company is claiming an "Act of God" defense saying that they shouldn't be responsible for damages because it was out of the guys control. Anyways... before I get pissed off im gonna get end my lil story there. I guess the moral of the story here is... GET NON INSURED MOTORIST INSURANCE. I luckily had it and AAA totally took care of me. Gave me more then I expected for my ride which was deemed a "Total Loss" two days later. I happened to be planning a trip to Vegas for the following weekend and took off most of my parts. Heres a couple crappy pix taken from my camera phone.

[/IMG]

Seidners said that my suspension was totally jacked and that the chasis is probably twisted. My G was my baby. Like it is for most of you. lol I been so depressed about it I totally avoided this forumn. Everytime I see a G I get flashbacks and it just kills me. Its like having plans for something and never getting to complete it. I totally want to get another one, but I found out about a month ago im gonna be a daddy. lol So I gotta pass on it for now. I know some day I'll get me another one.
I'll stop my bitchin and complainin now. I just had to let it all out on this board finally. lol I do have a couple items I need to get rid of. I'll be posting them soon.

Also, I met a lot of cool *** people on this board. Done business with some or just shared a conversation or two. Just wanted to say that if I dont talk to you guys much anymore... its truly been a Pleasure to have Met Ya!!!

[/IMG]

*Items I need to get rid of :
OEM Engine Cover, Spare Tire,
Zenclosures Sub Box with 1 12W3
500/1 JL AMP
2 Rear Brembo Rotors.
Stock Front Grill Painted Black
JDM Nissan Emblem for Grille
SP GRILL primered. etc.

PM if you So CAL and might wanna pick any of this stuff up. I'll post it for sale pretty soon.

Last edited by FLiP22; 11-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that's a really scary story... glad you came out of it safe and sound and congrats on becoming a father in the near future!

Any chance you're looking to sell those aftermarket rims from the last pic which it looks like weren't on the car at the time of the accident?

Old 11-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Geee Man
sorry to hear mine glad your ok! what are you looking at getting next?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Get a lawyer and sue under negligence. Any halfwit could easily get you a **** load of money, especially if he already admitted he forgot his seizure medication.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that sucks, I can see the defense of the guy that had the seizure but that fact that he ran means hes a jerk. Id sue if you feel like your not getting what u think it is. Its not fait to sue based on the "try to get rich quick scheme". Do whats right and get what u deserve not what u want. Hope everything works out

Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
i am glad you are ok. That is the most important part of it all. I am so sorry.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned
glad you are alright, sad youlost the G. happy your having a child, as long as you are happy about it

Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
pics of the painted stock grille? and price?

Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 AM
G-SMACK THIS
Glad To Hear You Are Ok, Sorry About The G. Damage Did Not Look That Bad Though The Real Damage Is Under The Skin. This Is Why I Just Do Not Like Insurance Co.. "act Of God". Wtf God Had Nothing To Do With It. He Forgot To Take Is Medication, Careless Act, Just Like Any Other Accident. His Insurance Co. Should Cover 100%.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
non insured motorist is the best coverage you can get in Cali with all the non-insured driving around here.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
Wow that's a really scary story... glad you came out of it safe and sound and congrats on becoming a father in the near future!

Any chance you're looking to sell those aftermarket rims from the last pic which it looks like weren't on the car at the time of the accident?
LOL I already sold them. Thanx for Asking Tho. I Loved em, only thing I didn't like about those were that they were soooo heavy.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Seriously man, I know the brembo's dust a lot but you should wash you stock wheels every now and then.

j/k

I may be interested in some of those pieces if you're up for shipping them. I hate to cannibalize another G... but as long as you're offering........

Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
wow thats crazy..glad ure okie though..congrats on your baby..the G will always be out there haha...

Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
i heard baby seats sit nicely in g35x sedans bro ;-)

also id be interested in your black grill

Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Goonar
sorry to hear mine glad your ok! what are you looking at getting next?
I had an 05 Maxima which I gave to my dad when I bought the G. He gave it back to me and said he wanted to get something new. lol It all works out. Its got more space and another version of the VQ engine. This isn't my ride but its close to what I want to do.
[IMG][/IMG]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shes Gone... Finally Writing About It