G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Raced an M3 Yesterday Night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raced an M3 Yesterday Night

Ok, I'm the one preaching not to race on the streets but couldn't resist. Just for everybodies info have allot of track time, all road racing.

This 96-99 M3 don't know exactly the year but I had a identical car: tries racing me on the freeway, no traffic, late night, no alc in my system. I don't want to get techincal or say the speeds we reached, let's just say he was behind and getting smaller.

2004 Everything Included except Nav. Auto.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Raced an M3 Yesterday Night

The 1995 M3 coupe used a 3.0-liter 24-valve DOHC inline-six-cylinder engine. This sonorous, rev-happy powerplant made 240 horses at 6000 rpm, with max torque coming in at 225 lb-ft at 4250. This was less than the 286-horsepower Euro-spec motor, but significantly better than the standard 325is' 189-horse six. In 1996 the engine was enlarged to 3.2 liters in, which upped torque 11 lb-ft to 236, and HP pretty much stayed the same (so the papers say) but tuners saw a solid 5Hp over the stock 240 on dynos.

The base curb weight of the M3 (coupe) is right around 3175. In comparision to the G35 Coupe, which has a base curb weight of 3435, the M3 is lighter, but the G's 35-40 more ponies, and 30+ more ft lbs of torque, pretty much make up for the extra weight.

Although they may appear to give you a run for your money off a launch (bimmers are infamous for their low gear ratios), the G will have NO problem toasting one in the long run. . .

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-06-2004, 12:20 PM

yah man dont compare a stupid slow M3 to the ferarri-like performance of the G35.
http://www.rimpro.com/media/versus.mpg

Old 03-06-2004, 12:35 PM

Yotone, you finally got it congrats!

Old 03-06-2004, 12:36 PM

i guess that G35 had a lil problem keeping up

Old 03-06-2004, 12:47 PM

That was soooo weak sorry.. fixed...

Old 03-06-2004, 12:56 PM

thats the typical lame response i was expecting to hear from the majority of the people here.

Old 03-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Hey yotone, I see we've struck a nerve with this topic, for what it's worth, my previous everyday driver was a Supercharged 95 M3...

I got rid of that, picked up the G and then bought an 88 all out race M3 which was Ron Checca's old record winning car. At close to 300 rock solid ponies from a 4 cylinder none the less, and its tracked tuned chassis and suspension, this little guy would turn laps around my g Coupe!

Here are some pics from when I ran the car at Watkins Glen, NY
http://www.ducatiguy.com/glen

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-06-2004, 02:22 PM

then how can you possible say that the e36 M3 has no chance staying with a G35?
dude if youre in NYC let me know cos im willing to race a G35

Old 03-06-2004, 02:42 PM

German crap???? Apparently you are not aware that german enginering is some of the finest in the world. And i dont know what car you were talking about when you said "those cars weren't even that quick" but i sincerely hope it was not the M3.

"Bahahahahahahaha...what an ***! "

Guess whos the *** now?

Old 03-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Spidey, here ya go again.

Listen, you wanna get dirty! Foremost, talk about *** you come on to this forum talking crap! You list on your profile you have a supercharger and all that, when you don't! After I point that out to you and ask you can we see it, you tell everyone OHHHH that's what I wish I had - and you remove it from your profile....

You talk about how your G cranks out 306 REAR WHEEL HP but only have an intake, exhaust and a FMU. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? I explained to you how your engine would need to be cracking well over 375 ponies at the crank for you to have 306 ponies at the wheels, but you just ignored all that and moved on....

Before you try and smack someone with your 2 cents, try answering some of your own lame questions. I and about a dozen other people have asked you - POST SOME PICS!

But for some reason you seem to IGNORE those request! So what's the deal? How did you get 306 REAR WHEEL PONIES? You're a LAMER! Period!

If you have the ***** to speak up, better back it up with rock solid claims, or we'll eat you up alive!

Lastly, in regard to your statement why would "kids" hook up their ride like a stock car? If you're gonna go on the track and spin around with cars doing over 150 MPH you gotta meet certain SCCA requirements, hence the reason why you have to set your car up like a stock car you moron! Would you like to be in a BONE STOCK car on a race track at 150+ MPH and spin out and hit a wall without a cage and harness? I DONT THINK SO!

Once again, before you try and blast someone with your 2 cents, think about what you're saying and HOPE it doesn't back fire in your face like it is now!

Lastly, you talk about "kids" how old are you? Keep talking smack, and we'll see how far it takes you!

Old 03-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

Hey jester ask spider boy about his 306 REAR WHEEL PONIES! He's got plenty to say on that subject, as well as tons of pics!

Old 03-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Premier Member

Well, I'm a car fan and I thought the video was pretty well done, I don't really care about who won etc., it's terrific seeing great cars performing. I previously owned 2 Bimmers, not M3's unfortunatley, a 328i and 330i, beautiful cars, but with the family getting bigger I went for the 04 G sedan. Love my G, but I love lot's of other cars too...dollers play a big part of..Lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raced an M3 Yesterday Night