G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dreamworkes Supercharger GROUP BUY 20% OFF!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreamworkes Supercharger GROUP BUY 20% OFF!!

Here it is boys and girls! Straight from Goran and Dreamworkes Racing -- group buy information.

"Right now we have a special pre order discount of 10% if order is placed by the end of this month. After that we will not offer specials. We are currently sold out for this month. Delivery time is expected to be about 60 days. As for group buys, if ordered by end of this month: 2-9 kits- 13% off retail, 10-19 kits 16% off, more than 20 kits- 20% off. This is what I can do if ordered after this month: 2-9 kits- 10% off retail, 10-19 kits 14% off, more than 20 kits- 18% off. Orders are filled on a first come first served basis.

Thanks,
Goran"

If we can get 20 people in, we can get 20% off and that's a damn good deal. That 20% savings will go a long way to getting your supercharger installed at an authorized installer so you can retain your warranty (Stage 1 kit only).

The kit is normally $6200 + tax. 20% off makes the kit $4960 + tax, for a savings of $1,240. Me like!!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT -- must be done before the end of March!

This group buy is for Stage 1 only. You can upgrade to Stage 2 and 3 at a later time. I will not be collecting any money, I am simply setting up the group buy through Dreamworkes and everyone will pay Dreamworkes directly once your name is on the list and the discount is reserved for you.

Email me if you are IN so I can make arrangements!! SERIOUS replys only please!!!

Daxx
bouncemail@NOJUNKcomcast.net (remove NOJUNK to send me mail)

G35 Coupe 6MT / DG-G / Premium / NAV

Old 03-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Re: Dreamworkes Supercharger GROUP BUY 20% OFF!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by dollar99

Old 03-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Re: Dreamworkes Supercharger GROUP BUY 20% OFF!!

I heard about this groupbuy back in December. I don't think many people jumped on it because Dreamworkes is trying to sell a kit that they have not even released yet. No REAL pictures of the kit mounted on a g35 or Z.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:29 PM

Not only that but no way in hell you're going to be able to get 20 G35 drivers to plop down 5k on a supercharger...

VortechSupercharger
TeinBasicCoilovers
Volk 19" GT-7Gunmetal 19x9.5,19x8.5
BridgestoneS0-3 245/35,275/35
EBC GreenstuffBrakePads
RogueEngineeringShort Shifter
NismoGTTitaniumShiftKnob

Old 03-09-2004, 01:40 PM

Sounds like a great deal. But....sorry, I don't have the stones to shell out that kind of $ based on
a) promises & schedule delays to date
b) have not seen a single "real" photo (installed)
c) no real world data has been seen

I am just now about comfortable with seriously considering some of the "proven" options such as ATI, Vortech, & TT options. And that's only because I trust input from people like Dollar, Eagle, etc., - more than marketing hype and promises. I really do hope the DW unit is everything they say it is and can't wait to see the data start coming in on 1st installs!

04 G35c DP/Willow, aero, prem, guards......

Old 03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree... 20 Units is like 15 too many! You might be able to pull off a group buy on like 20 $200 intake kits, but not a supercharger system!

Second, no actual unit, means god only knows how long its gonna take, what problems or issues that may develop, what about refunds for a system gone bad, so many off topic but related things to think about that questions any reasonings about such a group buy.

They need to sit down and rethink the marketing and sales strategy on this unit!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-09-2004, 02:11 PM

Yea a pic would be nice. What about some spec's? This would be sooooo hard for them to tell us but what is the performance gain's? Whats the diffrence between stages.. This a group buy I wont be in..

Grounding kit - Yellow Top Optima Battery
350z Pipe / Stillen High-Flow-JUN Flywheel
Crawford Intake Manifold V5 Black-High - Flow cats
Nismo Clutch
Best 1/4 14.153 @ 99.19 / 2.29 - 60'

Old 03-09-2004, 02:12 PM

Well, okay then. I did not know about a previously failed attempt at a group buy, but it looks like there is no interest so I just won't worry about it.

Supposedly it's an Eaton helical positive displacement pump which has been around for a while and Eaton's record is pretty good, but I can't argue with the fact that there are no pictures of an installed unit and the stats are nothing more than unverified claims from DW. I still want one though!!!! Doh!

forgeddaboutit! Group Buy terminated...and there are tears in my eyes...[sniff-sniff]

Old 03-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The point is not which actual supercharger it uses, as anyone can buy an eaton, but rather the use of the detailed and tricky intake and fuel / spark setup thats the important factor!

If I were to tell you, hey man I'm building a prototype car and it will have an engine built by Ferrari, but everything else about the car, its chassis, body, electrical, interior is still in the works, and I only have it on paper.... Would you get in on a pre-order with out actually seeing the car in solid form, seeing how it works, handles, looks, feels and whatnot?

This group buy is in essence the same thing! Yes the charger unit itself is made by a reputable company such as Eaton, but there's more to this setup that just the supercharger unit! Your statement would hold more true to lets say a Vortech and or Pro Charger unit where there's just some brackets and such.

Don't be upset! I really dont see this as a set back. If this company is all that it states to be, they should be able to get this system on the market soon enough, and if they don't? Well, then that goes to show ya, what could have happened to your hard earned $$$ and a lot of wasted time....

Lastly, ask yourself, why they havent released one yet? Could it be maybe they need the funds from the 20 or so group buyers to get these units developed? If thats the case, I wouldnt want to invest such $$$ in something like that!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 03-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait until resellers actually have them in stock and you'll have no trouble getting 15% off any dang day of the week. Nobody charges retail except dealerships.

--Steve

Old 03-10-2004, 08:09 AM

Who wants to buy a bridge?

Old 03-10-2004, 09:03 AM

Which bridge? Is it a real tall one? Ooohhh, I like tall bridges...

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger
RT Cats & JIC Y-Pipe(on order)

Old 03-10-2004, 11:24 AM

Group Buy on BULLETS -- 20% OFF!!! Only one condition, buyers must SHOOT ME! But not in my G please...no blood in the car...

Later,
Daxx

Old 03-10-2004, 02:43 PM

if i had it in writing that infiniti will under any circumstances fully warranty my car for 3/36 and i got only a 100 rwhp increase, i would get it...even if i blow my motor up, i get a whole new setup anyways...upgrade to stage 2 or 3 are most likely gonna be bolt on upgrades(pulleys, fuel delivery, piping), so if u get that u can always simply bolt on the stage 1 parts when u blow up yer motor and it will still be warrantied.(i'm not condoning this type of practice)...i'll problee end up buying the ATI or vortech or TT setup anyways, lol!

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick