G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2007 6MT coupes problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, but we are looking at an 06 G35 6MT GT (wow, enough letters or what??). Anyways, we have seen a TON of 2003 and 2004 G35s and were wondering if there is a certain year to avoid or a certain year that these were best? We're not opposed to buying a low mile 2003 and driving that. I just am having a tough time deciding what tranny to get. I've heard about the chatter, but man, that auto is sounding like it is a slow poke...

Not racing or anything, but the 6MT is a good running car.

So, any suggestions or should I start a new thread. Again, sorry for the jack...

Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by MIA BlazinVQ
How would you go about checking the build date? I'd like to know just in case.
check inside your driver door on the big sticker

Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Classified
check inside your driver door on the big sticker
where exactly? do you have pics or a better description?

Old 01-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
How would you go about checking the build date? I'd like to know just in case.
If you can't find where on the sticker, there's another way by checking your VIN #.
This is from the TSB... G35 coupes vehicles built before: JNKCV54E(*)7M910256. Those have the VQ's that the TSB will replace if OC issues are apparent.
If vin number after that, it be safe to assume you have one of the good VQ's and build date started on June 1, 2007 on.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
If you can't find where on the sticker, there's another way by checking your VIN #.
This is from the TSB... G35 coupes vehicles built before: JNKCV54E(*)7M910256. Those have the VQ's that the TSB will replace if OC issues are apparent.
If vin number after that, it be safe to assume you have one of the good VQ's and build date started on June 1, 2007 on.
well I have a 6 where the (*) goes, and after the M my numbers are 902798. Is the 6 for the month?

Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 PM
6MT Coupe
well I have a 6 where the (*) goes, and after the M my numbers are 902798. Is the 6 for the month?
Don't know if that's the month, but look at your numbers after the M.
There's your answer compared to the vin numbers I posted

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 01-26-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by coupleGs
Sadly these problems will not go away just by getting a newer year. Sure it's not going to show up now, but from the stories I've read, those parts don't last forever on our cars.

I have an 06. I have the same clutch chatter, my rear axle bolt was loose and so on.

My co-worker has an O7.. This clutch has the same issue, he had to replace his slave cylinder already (under warranty) and his clutch use to get stuck to the floor a lot.
I agree 100% Unfortunately, many of the problems and issues with the early cars are characteristic in all model years through 07 including but not limited to rattles, tire feathering, window regulators/motors, compression rods, rear axle clicking, excessive oil consumption, 6mt problems, paint chipping, and CD changer malfuntioning.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 PM
My 07c seems great so far. A slight rattle in the passenger door speaker but the dealer tried to fix it and was helpful.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by drpthemc
hey jackd,
why did u get a new engine for u '07?.. Oil Consumption?.. =\.. damn i hope my '07 G doesn't have this problem..

how did u know your engine had the OC problem?.. when did u start noticing?.. and how often did u check your oil?.. btw how many miles did u have before u got urs replaced?

my car seems to be fine.. no major issues.. some rattles here and there, clutch chatter of course.. but no other issues (knock on wood)

-drp
I had an 06 G that the engine got replaced at around 8K. At around 4k I have noticed a strange ringing during acceleration. It sounded like some old cars sound when you push them hard, or like sometimes you put the car in the gear that is to high for the rpms. Anyhow I have complained to the dealer but they could not duplicate than they said it was normal. Then one day I pull out of the garage and there is this noise like a jack hammer when I started to drive. So I checked the oil and it didn't register on dip stick, told dealer and thei answer was "it happens sometimes when the car is brand new and everything is starting to operate", bull this is not my first brand new car and none of them I had oil disappear but ok.
but the ringing noise was still bothering me, so when I ran out of oil again I got pissed and started crap at the dealer. Finally they admitted that I need new engine. It took them around a month to get it fixed. So I got my 06 back but I was furious. they claim it is a luxury vehicle, it cost me a lot of money and something like this happen. I started case with BBB and also I have involved a lawyer. To my help the second engine started to show same simptons: ringing and I had to add some oil to it.
To make story short Nissan agreed to buy back the car and they paid me whatever I paid for it minus milage and financing charges, I had about 8K on it and not much financing as I paid it off in like 4 months.
I took that money and bought me another G this time 07 but exactly the same color and equipment. This one did't even last 1500 miles before same symptons occured. This time I was more educated so right away I told dealer we are not going to play games, I know what is wrong and want it fixed right away, theyput me on consumption test I didn't even put 1000 miles on a car before I ran out oil. They saiud yes you need new engine but Nissan doesn't want to approve it yet. So I called they guy that took care of me whit my 06 and the same day the new engine was approved so at about 4000 miles they put new engine and so far so good, I probably put like 2K on the car and no symptons yet (knock on wood). I didn't even check the oil, don't want to get upset, so will see if It will last to the first oil change.
Sorry for a long post but this is my story and hopfully it answers your question

Old 01-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
In response to JackD.......After reading your experience with 2 engine replacements, all I can say is that I'm depressed from reading your post and it's not even my car! Hopefully they got it right the second time.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
6MT Coupe
Not to turn this thread into an oil consumption thread, but the engines that are being used now in replacements are having good success on no OC issues.

If I were to buy another G35, I'd do it again. I love the coupe 6mt too much. There's issues, but there's warranty fixes. Every manufacture has issues with their vehicles.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Not to turn this thread into an oil consumption thread, but the engines that are being used now in replacements are having good success on no OC issues.

If I were to buy another G35, I'd do it again. I love the coupe 6mt too much. There's issues, but there's warranty fixes. Every manufacture has issues with their vehicles.
That is true, this car is so nice that is why I went and bought 07 before they disappeared, even when I new there were so much trouble with the engines. I don't care too much for 08 I don't think they look as nice.
And again there is warranty, which they have to honor plus I know that there is a way to extend it at one point Nissan offered me to double the warranty before they bought back the 06. That would make 8 years of warranty.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 AM
I havent had any problems with my 07 G so far, but im gonna start checking for OC.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
reading all these horror stories always gets me concerned, but I have an 04 AT and never had a problem with anything (knock on wood)...car has been great to me...I feel bad for all the aggravation you guys go through...If I had that many problems, I would sure get rid of it and buy a different car...next on the list would be the Beemer...good luck fellas

Old 01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
beemer is more money and I knew people that had issues too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 6MT coupes problems