G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Helppp!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helppp!!

ok well this is like new stuff to me..I bought my car used with 37299 miles 03 coupe w/ blk/blk now i have 43600 miles but like about last week i had some trouble with my car because my oil light came on.. i thought i needed more oil so i added 1.5 quarts of oil, and i still had like 1000 miles to go till my next oil change... so i wass like ok the next morning on Friday i started my car to go to school but like there was smoke coming out of my car i didnt realize until the afternoon when my friend told me about it... i was running rich, and blue white smoke wass coming out of my exhaust. I didnt drive it the hole weekend made an appointment for the dealership. its been there for the hole week now the service rep called and said the total that has to be done to my car is replace the long block, transmission specifically 3r gear (i think), clutch, and my catelac converters replaced total $17k. i was like What THE @#$%! ask why that much, they said the car has been moded with grubbs unichip fuel timing calibrator and it changed things (i didnt know about that mod) and he said that the converters were burned with that, and the long block had to be replaced, the cluitch i knew about... and i knew that it grinded when i triedto put it in third sometimes...

so anyone that can help me please i want my G back.. helppppp cause i dont know what to do and i dont have that cash on mee and damn sure my dad wont payy all that s@#t!!

Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
where did you buy the car?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
take it to another place man a dealership will try to suck as much money as they can get a second opinoin or even a therd

Old 02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
for 17k, you can get another 03 coupe lol, did you check with insurance?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
clutch and cats, you might as well get aftermarket if they're charging that much

Old 02-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for you.

And +1, where did you buy the car from?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackdemon99
ok well this is like new stuff to me..I bought my car used with 37299 miles 03 coupe w/ blk/blk now i have 43600 miles but like about last week i had some trouble with my car because my oil light came on.. i thought i needed more oil so i added 1.5 quarts of oil, and i still had like 1000 miles to go till my next oil change... so i wass like ok the next morning on Friday i started my car to go to school but like there was smoke coming out of my car i didnt realize until the afternoon when my friend told me about it... i was running rich, and blue white smoke wass coming out of my exhaust. I didnt drive it the hole weekend made an appointment for the dealership. its been there for the hole week now the service rep called and said the total that has to be done to my car is replace the long block, transmission specifically 3r gear (i think), clutch, and my catelac converters replaced total $17k. i was like What THE @#$%! ask why that much, they said the car has been moded with grubbs unichip fuel timing calibrator and it changed things (i didnt know about that mod) and he said that the converters were burned with that, and the long block had to be replaced, the cluitch i knew about... and i knew that it grinded when i triedto put it in third sometimes...

so anyone that can help me please i want my G back.. helppppp cause i dont know what to do and i dont have that cash on mee and damn sure my dad wont payy all that s@#t!!
Sounds to me like they have the burden of proving the unichip caused these things... plus you may be able to sue whomever sold you the car (assuming it wasn't a private party) to recoup some of the cost of this repair because they didn't disclose a modification which voided the manufacturer's warranty.

Hope you figure something out.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
i bought it from a a small dealership called Auto Wei, in texas... it seemed like that guy didnt know anything done to the car either.. and i wass thinking about getting aftermarket parts.. or whatever...

Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by blackdemon99
they said the car has been moded with grubbs unichip fuel timing calibrator and it changed things (i didnt know about that mod) and he said that the converters were burned with that
Take it to Grubbs then to see what they can do for you. Yes, that can kill your cats, but I can't see how it can kill your long block.

Oh, and go ahead and use some punctuation. Periods, capitalization, paragraphs... they help.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
and i have extended warranty which i paid a grand for extra when buying the car and like they declined the claim

Old 02-08-2008, 07:42 PM
sorry.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
check out someone other G

See what kind of computer they got. Go from there.

When my HID control module burned I took my G to the dealer also

They called me 30 min later told me that wiring was tempered with and warranty will not cover it.

I drove down there.

Asked a guy to pull in another 05 and take it apart to match the wiring.

He said they will do that later cuz shop was busy at the moment.

I got a call later that evening and they told me that wiring was actually original and nothing was tempered with. Everything was replaced under warranty.

So as I said. Check out someones G and make sure that computer they are talking about is actually aftermarket. They might just trying to take you for a ride.