G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Convince me to buy a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods done:
*Perrin Catback
*Invidia down pipe and test pipe (to make a full turboback exhaust)
*Walbro 255 Fuel pump
*Perrin Upper Intercooler Piping
*Forge Boost controller
*HKS turbo Timer
*AEM short ram intake
Tuned at 21psi and peaks at 24psi.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 AM
wow.. evo ix.. hmm.. sick car, period.

g35 is gonna feel sooo sloooow compared to the IX =(.. if u don't mind then get the G...

before i got my '07 Coupe, i was debating whether or not to get an EVO or STI... got the Coupe b/c it's sexy.. has enough power.. 6 speed.. RWD.. i guess if i wanted to be faster than everyone else i woulda gotten an EVO or STI.. but yea.. good luck..

Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by ballallday89
I am coming from the world of the Mitsubishi lancer evolution IX. Its an 06 and is pushing around 350hp to the wheels. Kills most anything i race. I am looking to trade it in and am very interested in the G35, but can someone please convince me as to why i should or shouldnt other than looks. Thanks
...just look at it. :-)

Old 02-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
haha that is true. But its weird, im 18 and in a frat and everything at college and all the girls love my car. and i love the feeling of destroying muscle cars with V8s who try to race me. But i do want to grow out of that stage and settle down
Im in the same boat as you: college and frat life and girls love the g35...not gonna lie the g35 alone has gotten me girls but I dont make the g35 the center of attention if I can.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:51 AM
** THE g35 **
It think what makes the g35 stand out is cause its unique, fine you got speed
on the EVO, your 18 and going to college. you differently want something new something different something that will catch people's eyes and also make you fell good, with the g35 you've get POWER, you get speed you get luxury, plus you like moding the g35 is full of mod's. your going to be clubbing alot now nothing saids come home with me babi then a g35..
the minute they walk out of the club and see your rolling in the g, and they get in and feel those seats, just turn on the music and there candy trust thats why i recommend the G.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 AM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
First and foremost what you get is Customer Service. You are not only just getting a car, but you are getting great service.

If you are under factory warranty you will get a loaner (21yrs n older), your car will be pampered, trust me My car has been through Infiniti's service department plenty of times for my f u c k ups. Don't expect to break the car purposely and not get a bill but just realize that you will be taken care as much as possible.

The first time i walked into the Infiniti Dealership I read a quote on a managers door "Own one, and you'll understand"...

I never knew what that really meant in deeper terms, i just took it for what it was.

The problems, OH yeah had them, won't need to lie to you. Anything that humans make will have problems, anyone that tells you else is just lieing.

I've gone through almost everything but a engine. Not once did i come out of my pocket even when i was almost out of warranty and things looked odd on my perspecctive and the dealer had to change a transmission. "Own one and you'll understand".... That chet really grew on me.

Performance, considering a car weights over 3400lbs (my car with 1/4 tank of gas remaining 3550lbs 03 A/T Sedan) with much luxury, quality and overall comfort and can still manage to beat Stock SRT4's, give 350z's a run for their money; for you to come from a 350+awhp vehicle to downgrade in regards to performance only its a laugh seriously. But when you can truly appreciate the car for what it can do for you other than just go in circles fast, or in a straight line, then you'd understand.

Remember this, There is no replacement for displacement.

Of course G's and Z's didn't come boosted, yet they can be modified like any other car to handle boost.

Since modding is not in your agenda as you want to save money, then keeping the car for its sole appearence can do more than enough for you.

Yet it can always be tinkered with in the future if you decide to modify.

Perhaps the only unique item is the sound of a G35 has; In My Honest Opinion the only thing that individualizes these cars are the exhaust sound, I have not heard any other car that can duplicate the sound execpt for the big boys that have had this sound for quite some time (Ferrari Lambo, etc...) Yes the appearence is hard to duplicate as well, but nothing stands out more than the sound.

Torque,

in order to move a 3400+lb car and enjoy it you need torque. The VQ's provide plenty of it in n/a form, Boost will yield higher results. I am sure that a G with 8lbs of boost will yield close to if not more power than a 4g63 on double the amount of boost. Remember there is no replacement for displacement.

Overall you have to go test drive the car and see what you like and dislike. G's are nice. I was honestly looking for a Evo VIII MR but i test drove a G, and knew that it was it.

Has plenty of luxury, Insurance was a tad bit cheaper, More useable torque, Less Likely to get pulled over every 5 miles because some cop thought you were racing.

Make sure you get a G in warranty, as repairs are expensive in any vehicle. Factory Warranty is a world on its own, you would truly appreciate the fact that a dealer goes above and beyond to make you happy.

Gas mileage, If you have a lead foot, you will need to be in the gas station more than usual. I've gotten my G to do 27mpg on the highway, and 19-21 on the streets... Hard for me to do that when i am always waking up late for everything so realisticly i am getting about 300-310 miles to every fill up which is about 15+/- MPG. Once again not bad for a 3400+lb car. I am sure the evo would do the same once you went into boost which should be almost all the time since its a small engine with a small turbo, and with fuel upgrades.

Take a test drive, experience the car.. Dont be afraid to get on it, it will be the potential car you get for the next X amount of years so do the testing you want NOW.

Hope you find what you are looking for dude.

Last edited by Eric@TCGMiami; 02-19-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
It really depends on what you want.

My cousin had EVO and I drove in it once and I hated it from that moment on.

I just cant enjoy the car when I'm sitting on plywood seats.

G is the best blend between sport and luxury IMO

but as many have already mentioned..........Test drive it and see for your self.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Good write up guys, you are startign to do work on me haha, as for the seats in my evo....i havnt found better lol, suede on the inside and leather on the out and it just forms you. But anyways....i am going to go test drive one soon and see how i like it. Thanks everyone

Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Good write up guys, you are startign to do work on me haha, as for the seats in my evo....i havnt found better lol, suede on the inside and leather on the out and it just forms you. But anyways....i am going to go test drive one soon and see how i like it. Thanks everyone

Well we can't force you to get a G all in all it's up to you. At least what I can do is give you my experience and the knowledge I've gained with this car.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The EVO/STI are the bargain buys for raw performance.

The G35 is the bargain buy for a blend of performance and Luxury

The ES350 is the bargain buy for pure luxury.

My $.02

Coming from an EVO, the G35 is going to feel like a boat until you get used to it. It's also going to float over everything (compared to the evo), and most girls like comfort more than fast cornering

Old 02-19-2008, 02:11 PM
alright guys im ready to get one i just need to find one locally for a good price and im set. wish me luck

Old 02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
ummmm deal of the year is going on right now...

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cars/203854-twin-turbo-g35-2004-18-999-a.html

twin turbo g35 for $19k. I'd jump on it, if I didn't have mine already.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Just hurry up and buy......

Old 02-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I cant do that, i dont want to deal with anything, i like knowing that my car is reliable. No matter what anyone says, a car with FI is not as reliable as a stock car. Im picky to, theres certain colors i want over others, but i havnt stopped looking

Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM
alright guys im ready to get one i just need to find one locally for a good price and im set. wish me luck
wow..

did you test drive the G?.. if so.. how was it compared to ur EVO hahaa...

btw.. 6mt or auto?.. good luck searching for one!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Convince me to buy a G35