G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Temporary License Plate GONE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Temporary License Plate GONE

I have no idea what to do. I bought my car from another state (MD) and I am from PA. My paperwork to do the title transfer comes in on Monday. My temporary license tag fell off on the road somewhere and I am driving the car with no license plate. I do not want to get hassle with getting pulled over all the time with no plate. What can I do in the mean time while waiting for my actual license plate which may take a long period of time since I heard title transfers can take up to 3 months!

I was suggest to make a copy of my registration and take it on the back window. Is there anything the DMV can do so I can get another temp tag. The dealership I bought it from won't send me another. Thanks for any help!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
My temp tags expired before i ever received my title so i called the dealership and they just sent me another 30 day temp tag/registration - that is what i would suggest. If they won't send you one - i have no idea.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Temporary tags are a hot item. Thieves steal them, go to a dealer, slap them on a new car and steal it off the lot. Cops can't trace it on the computer system and can't tell it's stolen, unless if they check the VIN number written on the tag against the VIN number on the dash. The tag number should be in the paperwork you received from the dealer. Just make up a cardboard tag with the number, VIN of the car and expiration date and attached. If you get pulled over, explain to the officer what happen and if you have the correct paperwork to back it up, you shouldn't have any problems.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
That's why most dealerships tape them in the back window. Go to a local dealership, have them call yours and see if they will give you one.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
that sucks

Old 03-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who did you buy the car from? I am a dealer in Maryland as well. Most dealers will give you another temp tag if you ask. Maryland temp tags only cost the dealer $10. If you have the temp tag # I would just cut out a piece of cardboard, write the # on it and at the bottom write stolen temp tag. You will be fine driving around with that. Try calling the dealer on Monday and ask them for your temp tag #. They will have it on file. Good luck.
PS. Title transfers can be done the same day it just all depends on how lazy the dealer is...

Old 03-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got it from a place called A1-Imports in Rockville. I would think they can just fill out another one and send it to me overnight but instead he suggested me to write down my vin #, temp tag #, and expiration date on a white cardboard and just put it on the back with a copy of the registration. I just don't want to get hassled with cops pulling me over. I've been so frustrated with this situation. Should have just taped it in my care instead having them put it on the license place holder.