G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone REGRET getting Black??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone REGRET getting Black??

Black is beautiful!!!!

Thats why I have two! (Well had two goodbye 03 Coupe, Hello 05 Coupe)

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite/Prem./Nav/Aero - Total Loss
1994 MR2 Turbo 5MT Black/Prem.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
black is the best

i was at the dealer 2 weeks ago choosing my G. i have had 4 black cars before (including a carbon black which is a real pain). i had my heart set on diamond, but i just couldn't resist the black one sitting next to it.

it sure has swiral marks and hard to keep it clean. in fact, if i don't wash it weekly, than it get real dirty. but it's all worth it when it's clean and shinning. everytime i get a black car, i tell myself never to get another when the car gets real dirty. but then i keep buying them because they are always clean at the dealer. overall, if you have some extra time to get the car washed, definitley get the black.

2004 Blk/Graphite/6MT/Premium/Nav/Spoiler/XM/Splash/Formula1tint

Old 03-26-2004, 01:25 PM

IMO, of course I have black so it is biased but, the G35 only looks "right" in black. I looked at all of the colors on these cars in person before deciding on black. The car just looks right at every angle in black.
No regrets, except for the little "hip dents" from the effects of the "chick magnet", lol

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 03-26-2004, 02:31 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you asked for opinions - you got them.

You really should make up your own mind and get what you want. Since you said you had a black car before, you already know they are a little more work, but not much.

Let me say I am usually a Black fan and have had it on other cars. When I was looking for my G, my first choice was DG, 2nd Black, and third BS. I got my car in April of '03 when they we still im pretty short supply, so when I saw a BS on a lot equipped as I wanted, I snapped it up. In seeing the G's on the road over the last year, I have now decided that I do not like the G coupe in Black. The black seems to hide the nice lines of the car, in my opinion. So I am now glad I didn't get black. I still like DG the best - it's a good compromise between black and BS. My wife still says the BS is the best color (she says that is why it was in all of the ads for the coupe).

Any way good luck - relax, you can't go wrong with this car in any color!

Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 PM

I just got a black G35 last month.......Rinse off the car with a high pressure hose before washing it and there won't be as much dirt on the paint to allow for scratching!

Old 03-27-2004, 12:56 AM

How did you remove the swirl marks from your car?
This is my first black car, it is full of swirl marks in the sun. Do all black cars get swirl marks so easy? I was thinking maybe the paint was cheap. I tryed to be so careful but even gets scratches for the littlest things. Maybe we can all get together and go to the manufacture for having defective paint, just like the cheap interior. But I do love it clean and don't even like the G35 in any other color.

2003 Blk/Blk Premium w/navigation
Tinted Windows
Chrome Wheels
BRM Catback Exhaust
Injen CAI
Grounding Wires

Old 03-27-2004, 01:41 AM

Menzerna Intensive and Final Polish (or liquid glass... I like it best) and a buffer.
You may apply the polish either by hand or with a buffer but always remove intensive polish with a buffer or you will negate the objective as you will essentially be compounding your car as you remove the residue. Doing so by hand is tricky as you will likely leave more scratches. The buffer removes the residue evenly.

2003.5 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 03-27-2004, 01:59 PM

Where does the trunk meet the bumper???? Where does the side of the car start and where does the front end?????

JUST KIDDING!

OG 03.5

Old 03-27-2004, 05:30 PM
WRAH

Black is the BEST!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 03-27-2004, 08:22 PM

hey bogler, how can you hate cb? cant you just appreciate it rather than hate it...

216504-Mar272004 076.jpg

Old 03-27-2004, 09:45 PM

coz im biased. i used to own a 99Civic Si electron blue pearl. now that's one sweet blue, have you seen one? sorry i might have used the wrong word. i dont really hate it, i just dont like it. when i saw the CB under the sun, it looked too pale for me. again im biased. so are some ppl here too. one guy even said the G only looked "right" in black. no offense bro, but thats why cars come in diff colors, ppl have diff tastes.

2004 Coupe 6MT / Ivory Pearl / Black / Premium / Aero / 3pc Bodykit

Old 03-27-2004, 11:44 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

so are some ppl here too. one guy even said the G only looked "right" in black. no offense bro, but thats why cars come in diff colors, ppl have diff tastes.

<hr></blockquote>

So smart. (I always wondered why they made other colors)

Old 03-28-2004, 12:40 PM

I love the Carribean blue, and everytime I see a blue Civic Si, I get two feelings: 1) Haha. 2) Let's downshift and burn it off the road.

The other day I was driving in my friend's black RSX Type S. A blue Civic Si pulls up. Aluminum wing, body kit, stickers (including Vtech and MOMO ). The guy looks over and on the green both cars punch it. Cept my friend has me in the car as well... Boy, did we dust that guy.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 03-28-2004, 10:20 PM

I love the Electron Blue Pear, and everytime I see a blue G35, I get two feelings: 1) Haha. 2) Let's downshift and burn it off the road.

well the other day i was riding in my friend's black corvette. A blue G35 pulls up. Aluminum wing, body kit, stickers (including Nismo). The guy looks over and on the green both cars punch it. Cept my friend has me in the car as well... Boy, did we dust that guy.

and so your point? you mature enough to know we're only talkin about colors here?

geez...

2004 Coupe 6MT / Ivory Pearl / Black / Premium / Aero / 3pc Bodykit

Old 03-28-2004, 11:04 PM

I'm talking about Civic Si.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone REGRET getting Black??