G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone REGRET getting Black??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone REGRET getting Black??

Its all about black for me. Thanks to Mr. Clean and the Cali Duster its not so hard keeping her clean. I have to admit I love the fact that the DG hides dirt and swirl marks. But I still like thet black better.

Black on Black 6MT W/Clear Corners & PIAAs
Borla TDE
Hyper Grounding Kit
Z Tube/JWT Pop Charger
Custom 19s

217537-project g 063.jpg

Old 03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
DED
Re: Anyone REGRET getting Black??

I had a black '92 Civic Si. Replaced it with an '04 black G35.

Dirty black with scratches and swirl marks still looks better than any other color.

At least from 10 feet away.

My clear bra looks like crap up close too, but from a distance you can't tell. And it beats the alternative.

2004 G35C 6MT Black. Sweet.

Old 02-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Gangster Member
Havin the same problem right now, want a BLK one but worried about maintance even tho i have a garage. DG i would get looks pretty good but to common, IP id get but it doesnt come with graphite interior. BLK OR NOT BLK that is the question

Old 02-18-2005, 03:34 AM
Get the Black

I went through that tough decison but once you get it there's no regrets. no regrets!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone REGRET getting Black??-g2.jpg  
Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had three black cars in a row (240SX SE, Maxima SE, and a 300ZX which I still have) before I got the new Caribbean Blue G. I live in Florida now and black gets way too hot if it is parked in the sun for even a short length of time. Black is simply too much of a PITA to keep looking good. I've gotten more compliments from the Caribbean Blue in three months than I've received for the black in 12 years. The G's black shows scratches easily since it is on top of a light colored primer. Black looks great when cleaned and expertly taken care of, but you better be committed to it or it can look like crap with all the swirl marks.

Old 02-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Black is beautiful for those first 5 minutes after you wash the car. Then the dust settles in. My biggest pain in the *** is the back bumper. Does any one have any ideas what to spray the bumper and the trunk door so they don't pick as much dust? Some type of anti-static spray that won't let the pollen or fine dust collect too easily. On the plus side it keeps you in shape having to wash the car so many times!!!!

Old 02-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What the heck gspotter, your car is almost exactly the same as mine. (except interior color and I havn't hooked up my NAV screen) Amazing

Caribbean Blue is one of a kind, either love it (thank you) or hate ot (I don't care). The color looks so different under different lighting conditions that sometimes I don't even know the true tone of the paint. IMHO though - Skylines are meant to be blue (Calsonic fan here)

Back to the original topic - BLACK is a PITA to clean!! Looks very sharp, but you can't deny the swirl mark. Twilight blue is a very good alternative. Still, I really wish they made a metallic black color like Lexus or Mercedes. The new M45 would look AMAZING in metallic black.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Banned
REGRET GETTING BLACK??????????????

put it this way, i totalled my o4 black and got an o5 black................................
...and we just got a BLACK Lexus ES for my mom, no regrets here!

Old 02-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
the only reason i regret it is because it gets dirty so easily, other than that i think it looks better than any other color

Old 02-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Banned
GET some 3m swirl and scratch remover,let it sit wipe of with a clean cloth,then wax it with some kit car wax,Then apply the Miquires quick wax!!U will see a difference!!

Old 02-18-2005, 11:09 PM
THE BATMOBILE
I will be the first one to tell you that i regret sooooooo much getting black. It is sooooooooooooo much work it is ridiculous. DO NOT GET BLACK.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by FastBlack
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Me! I LOVE it when it's clean, but I hate having to keep it that way. Given the chance, I'd get it again, though... I don't learn from my mistakes.

<hr></blockquote>

I second that.

If you don't like giving your car a nice spunge bath and a nice rub down once a week, don't get black.

G35C OB/G
NO I love black its sharpest color when its clean
just keep it wax all the time
pics look how clean my black is... http://home.comcast.net/~neil.r/G35/

Old 02-19-2005, 12:10 AM
i have an '05 6mt blk w/ wheat interior (former '04 6mt blk owner). nothing beats a virtually swirl-free, waxed blk G35 (or any blk car for that matter). you cant call it HARD WORK if you REALLY ENJOY doing it yourself.

my G sits next to an '05 blk cady cts @ my office parking lot. on a sunny day, the 'spider-web' infested cady is no match (at least when they are both parked) as far as shine and smoothness next to my G. people simply can not take there eyes off!

Old 02-20-2005, 08:01 PM
i have a black on black G coupe and i have been haveign problems with scraches i asked a guy that is really into G35s and he told me that the Gs have very soft paint and get scrached easilt soemthimes even with a towel. i have a personal firend of mine who works at a cemical testign and he maid me a special fomula that remooves scraches his ganna be puttign it out on the market soon so look for it it works and keeps the dust of for weeks. after aplyign the spray u throw a towel on the hood and it will slide off, repels dust like crazy. its called DIAMOND PRO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone REGRET getting Black??