G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Speeding Ticket

In response to MrElussive... "neffster, you're overreacting. 90+ in a 35 zone is not ridiculous. You don't even know the area."

Spoken like a true teenager who knows EVERYTHING. Well after thinking about what you said, you're right. Happy?

FYI, there was a M3 owner who was a frequent poster on RoadFLY, (a M3 message board) who was making comments like the one you just made. He lived in CA and went to a M3 meet. He took a ride through "the canyons" late one evening with 2 friends. He was 19 years old, the passenger in the front seat was 19 also, and the guy in the back seat was 18. The driver lost control and took a spin, the car caught fire, but the 2 guys in the front seat got out in time to watch their good friend BURN TO DEATH. He was screaming for help, but they were unable to help him because the car kept exploding, and the heat was too much for them to get near the car. They got to watch their good friend burn to death and got to listen to his dying screams all because they were going close to 100mph in a 55mph zone (not a 35 mph zone).

You're right, I'm over reacting... Hope I don't read about something bad happening to you in the future. It is a heart sinking feeling just to think about someone acting irresponsibly and killing an innocent person.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)

Old 04-03-2004, 08:09 PM

neffster's right, i'm sure blackbuzzard has learned a life long lesson, so lets just leave it at that, and lets just try helping him out.

cb/graphite g35c - fully loaded
jwt pop charger - 350z tube

Old 04-03-2004, 09:57 PM

Damn Black that sucks. If the judge could read your last post you'd probably get off! Bad weeks like that suck.... the last straw must have been scaping that bumper. I feel your remorse and hope your kharma improves. What's the fine if you plead guilty? Will you keep your license? I'd find that out first, and if you can get off pleading with a fine and keep your license, no sense paying a lawyer. A lawyer won't even talk to you for less than a grand. Good luck man. How'd your sound system turn out by the way? What did you end up going with?

Find out what the guilty plea will result in, then weigh the costs against the lawyer costs. Your number one priority is keeping your license and getting out of this with the smallest cash possible.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:34 AM

It's always sad to read that [censored] isn't it Neff. Now if you'd like to bring up the other billions of ignorances regarding the world we live in today then it would be an equal argument.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 04-04-2004, 06:57 AM

DragonGcoupe,
You offer the "On topic" point, I'll offer the "On topic" counter point if it's relevant. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I think my point could not be any clearer. I just want people to "think" about their actions. If you guys had any idea how much unsolicited support I've received via IM for "standing up" to this crazy thread you'd be amazed.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)

Old 04-04-2004, 02:08 PM

You know what else is funny Neff. You have a lot of cool mods that I don't. =( Don't tell me you've never broken the speed limit with those mods. =P

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 04-04-2004, 02:41 PM
G SQUAD

Hey in response to Catafish, I think he should still get a lawyer and not plead guilty. Under no circumstances should you plead guilty, even if you dont have a lawyer because if you are found guilty they can't hit you with a bigger penalty than what you are supposed to get. Also if he pleads guilty, his insurance will skyrocket or even drop him which will be even worse. Its almost guaranteed that the penalty will be lowered if you plead not guilty and fight it. Well thats if you dont get a real b*tch for a judge. But IMO you should plead not guilty and take the lawyer because if you dont pay for it with the lawyer, you will pay for it with the insurance. Black you neva stated which court you have to go to???
***Also aside from the comments above*** If someone gets into a problem here, no one needs to start lecturing and going into this whole father figure deal. I mean yea we know that it may be out of good will or what not. But this person needs advice on how to make the situation better. He/she doesn't need dumb arguments taking place becoming almost totally irrevelent to the post. We are all part of this forum to collectively try to help each other and thats what we should do. Anyway everybody be safe and Happy Motoring fellas

Old 04-04-2004, 04:07 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

FYI, there was a M3 owner who was a frequent poster on RoadFLY, (a M3 message board) who was making comments like the one you just made. He lived in CA and went to a M3 meet. He took a ride through "the canyons" late one evening with 2 friends. He was 19 years old, the passenger in the front seat was 19 also, and the guy in the back seat was 18. The driver lost control and took a spin, the car caught fire, but the 2 guys in the front seat got out in time to watch their good friend BURN TO DEATH. He was screaming for help, but they were unable to help him because the car kept exploding, and the heat was too much for them to get near the car. They got to watch their good friend burn to death and got to listen to his dying screams all because they were going close to 100mph in a 55mph zone (not a 35 mph zone).

<hr></blockquote>

Btw he's an e46 fanatic member. He posted another message after he got out from the hospital and he blames the accident on the dealer. The dealer didn't install his suspension right and caused it to fall off after hitting a bump on hwy 133. You think he learned a lesson? Doubt it. His lawyers probably got him off scratch free. Sitting home watching tv and prepare to buy his second M3 or Pcar.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:21 PM

neffster, you're overreacting. 90+ in a 35 zone is not ridiculous. You don't even know the area. The Henry Hudson Parkway (where he got pulled over) is a 3-lane 35 zone that soon turns into a 50 zone...it's only a 35 zone for that time because of the curviness but it's mad nice for speeding. If you really drive your G, you should know that it is capable of reaching really high speeds quickly. The G can easily turn a 25 zone into a 100 zone
Yeah, sure it's dangerous and I'm not saying I go real fast often, but I love accelerating hard and taking the turns at fast speeds. It's why I got the car.

MrElussive
03 G35C 6MT

<hr></blockquote>

Man you are just an accident waiting to happen. First you took a turn too fast, slided the rear end out and broke the rear axile. Now a ticket nearly doubling the speed limit and you think its nothing.

You like to drive fast like majority of people who own high performance sedans, but public roads are for everyone. I am sure you get the superior feeling when you pass people on turns and straight aways. Why don't you take it to the track. Pick on people your own size, who actually enjoys driving and have some driving skills. I bet you like to play games in God mode and think you are badass.

The m3 owner who crashed his car on the 133 had the same exact words as you. Something like "I floor my m3 everytime I go out and slide it around because its so brilliantly balanced."

Sorry if I sounded like an [censored] but I am just saying how I feel. Maybe I am an [censored].

Old 04-04-2004, 04:28 PM

I got my first speeding ticket today.

The first that I have recieved with the G. I have had a speeding ticket on a previous car about 3 years ago.

I was doing 94 on a city highway thats speed limit was 35mph. I have been issues a summons to appear in court or to plead not guilty within 15 days.

Advice??

<hr></blockquote>

Always plead not guilty. Do what Mr.Elussuive suggested. Get a lawyer. Delay the dates. Figure out what days the cop works and what days he has off. Some cops don't like to show up in court during their days off. If you have over zealous cop then you are SOL. Anyways, good luck. Be more careful with the power of the car.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:37 PM

BlackBuzzard why you start talking about how you are NOT a rich spoil kid or not??? It's irrelevant.

You were going 94 MPH in 35 MPH zone......that right there should have you zipping your lips up and quietly accept your destiny and your consiquences. Like few others, i am glad you were caught so other drivers on the road can have another day of driving without fearing geting smashed into while driving on the high way.

Do the Crime, Do the Time. No Mercy should've been awarded, 59mph OVER the speed limit....!!!

And you also said yourself that "Believe me Moss, unlike some I am NOT a spoiled rich kid. I put in alot of work (60 hours a week, 6 days a week)" If you work so hard then you should have thoguht more about this before you broke the law and now being stuck with a LARGE fine. All that "hard" money you made are gonna be pissed away.

"However I stated not the same uniform as him. I dont pack a gun. I push trains if you must know" <~ push trains??!?!? i am just wondering what do you mean by that? you work at a train station?

Old 04-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Banned

Buz - if you work for the LIRR - than slow down and dont rush - they certainly dont. he should have given you a 2nd ticket for the uniform comment.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-04-2004, 05:28 PM

alright most of your guys are probably much wiser than the kid who got the ticket..so instead of takin jabs at him, try to help him out

alright that aside...
how do you find out what day the cop isn't working..i am really curious, coz i just got a ticket too and i wanna fight it
thanks fellas

--Jay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket