G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speeding Ticket

I got my first speeding ticket today.

The first that I have recieved with the G. I have had a speeding ticket on a previous car about 3 years ago.

I was doing 94 on a city highway thats speed limit was 35mph. I have been issues a summons to appear in court or to plead not guilty within 15 days.

Advice??

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV and SAT).
No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."

Old 04-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Re: Speeding Ticket

Get a Lawyer and pray....and hope the cop makes a mistake in his testimony so you can get the ticket thrown out,,If you got a ticket from a highway patrol cop your goose is as good as cooked cause they dont make any mistakes in court!!! Good Luck!!

Old 04-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Banned

Always plead not guilty, postpone as many of the hearings as possible, and pray the officer doesnt show up. The ADA will always usually negotiate with you.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BB don't you mean city street instead of city highway? Anyways, find a good lawyer. It may cost now but it will benefit you in the long run.

You don't qualify for defensive driv or deferred adjudication since you are waayyyy over the speed limit.

Check your ticket for major mistakes such as time, name, and location of alleged offense.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:55 PM

He got the car color wrong. He wrote BK..which I assume means black. My car is twilight blue and registration does not specify what type blue. It just states "BL" which I assume means blue.

It was a highway. I guess the 35mph zone was the zone immediately leaving the toll booth. So he got me doing 94 in a 35mph zone or so he says.

I am gonna make that drive again to check the zone. If its too close to the toll booth then theres no way I could have been doing 94 immediately leaving the toll booth.

Err, then again I am driving a G coupe...

I also am a man of uniform (not the same uniform as him) and I even mentioned it to the officer hoping it would buy me a slight bit of lieniency. The officer even asked my title while walking back to his patrol car. I thought for sure he would cut me a break but unfortunately he did not.

I am contemplating appearing to the judge dressed in my uniform, pleading not guilty, and hoping for the best. If the officer does show up, then it will be two men in uniform to decide between. I am hoping the judge may cut me a break.
No Mods.....yet

Old 04-02-2004, 05:41 PM
G SQUAD

Black,

I had a summons for court a couple months back for a reckless driving charge. I got off with no points and just a fine of $200.00. Court can really go either way depending upon the judge you have. If you have an understanding and laid back judge then u might be able to get a lowered fine. The whole thing is you were like 60 miles above the speed limit. But thats a good idea to go back to the toll area and check to see the distance because its take a bit of time to get up to 94 mph. So you may be able to justify your case there. Also in a situation such as this you may definitely want to hire a lawyer man. Are they sending you to traffic court or criminal court? Criminal court would be much better than traffic court. Traffic court will be terrible. Good luck

Old 04-02-2004, 05:57 PM

If you are a "Man of uniform" and are trying to use the uniform to get around the consequences of your actions, that's BS! You break the law and endanger the lives of the people the "uniform" is supposed to be protecting and you want to get off? Do the crime, do the time... If you did go 90+ mph in a 35 zone, you SHOULD lose your license. You SHOULD go to jail for 30-days, PERIOD. That's just stupid... There, done venting.

However to get to 90+mph you need almost 1/4 mile. People who do the 1/4-mile runs on closed drag strips start from zero and get near 100mph (some over, some under). Was there enough distance for you to go 1/4 mile BEFORE the cop caught you on radar? If not, you have a pretty open/shut case. I sure hope this is a belated April Fools joke and I'm just missing it. To everyone reading this, imagine your wife pulling out into traffic with your children in the back seat of your new G35 Coupe and someone hits them going over 90mph in a 35mph zone. Wouldn't you be mad at the driver while you were at their FUNERAL?

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)

Old 04-02-2004, 07:29 PM

Umm Neff, take a chill pill bud. I am a "man of uniform". However I stated not the same uniform as him. I dont pack a gun. I push trains if you must know.

If YOU own a G then you CANNOT sit there and say that you have always 100% of the time drove your G within the boundaries set by speed limits and expect anyone to believe you.

No Mods.....yet

Old 04-02-2004, 07:42 PM

He probably hasn't followed the speed limits 100% of the time, but 90+ mph in a 35 mph zone is out of this world. The best advice I can give you is to hire a lawyer. Good luck brother.

cb/graphite g35c - fully loaded
jwt pop charger - 350z tube

Old 04-03-2004, 03:45 PM

BlackBuzzard...I got two words for you bud. Take Responsibility.

Doug

2004 6MT, Desert Platinum, Side Molding, Splash Guards, Sat. Radio

Asheville,NC

Old 04-03-2004, 07:36 PM

Moss, Thanks but youre a D---.

Obviously I have learned my lesson. I am really really regretting getting into this but what is done is done and nothing can change that. I am just here seeking others advice on solutions which may help soften the severity of the penalty.

Believe me Moss, unlike some I am NOT a spoiled rich kid. I put in alot of work (60 hours a week, 6 days a week) to get the things I want in life and I never have time to enjoy the things buy or the company of friends and family. This ticket is really making life hard for me. Like I said whats done is done. I am not the first person to speed nor will I be the last person to speed. I have definitely learned my lesson. My next car will be a 4 cylinder 105hp Scion Xb or something with a speed limiter.

Once again Moss, even though this whole situation has me feeling like a D---...YOU really are one.

Editted to apologize to Moss. I just had to vent. It seems ppl are attacking me when I am pretty much already beaten. This is a horrible week for me. Last night I was up late researching traffic lawyers. Woke up for work a lil woozy today and tired. Arrived at work and as I was parking my G, I hit a pole behind the car on the left blindspot area that I couldnt see during those wee early morning (5am) hours. Now my rear bumper is scuffed. Its not extremely bad but it hurts looking at it as I have been babying and prtotecting my G for the past 4 months that I have owned it. Believe me I am hurting.

No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by BlackBuzzard on 04/03/04 05:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-03-2004, 07:43 PM

Areddy you are right...95 in a 35 zone is outrageous. I didnt even realize it was a 35 zone though. When the officer asked me if I knew what the speed limit is, I looked at the sign 50 feet in front of me which stated 50mph. He then told me that back when I was doing 94 it was a 35 zone. I swear my heart sank.

No Mods.....yet

Old 04-03-2004, 07:43 PM

90 in a 35 mph depends on the area. There's 2 areas IN MY CITY that are 2 wide lanes and are long, curving roads. One of them is a road out of Borders books which I'm at all the time studying with friends, ah the life of a high school student. When you leave at 10pm, wouldn't you feel the need to gun it on a long winding road on the way home? Especially if a friend wants to give it a go. =D

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket