G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Moron in Coupe almost ran me off the road!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moron in Coupe almost ran me off the road!

I was on my way back to Dallas last night for the DFW Dyno Day tomorrow morning, and as I was exiting off one highway onto another, I see a coupe come up behind me. I was in the left of the two exiting lanes. He flies up and starts riding my a** really bad, so as soon as I am able to get around the car to my right, I go to switch lanes, but he is already cutting that car off and trying to pass me. So I almost hit him, then he cuts back around me on the left and flies past me doing 85+.

It sucks when you see fellow G drivers, and when you wave or try to say hi they ignore you. But what sucks even more is when they're outright rude to you. Not to mention we could've been in a serious accident. Sorry to rant, but people **** me off sometimes...

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering -
- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 04-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Moron in Coupe almost ran me off the road!

Sorry to hear that. Its a stange thing but when I drive slow people either flip me the finger or tailgate me really really close, but then when I drive fast others normally honk or high beam me. This world really sucks, just can't do no right. Well, I just have to believe that " WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND".

Peace and happy motoring.

Old 04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

What color was the coupe? was it modded at all? I've had a run-in w/ a carribean blue coupe in Plano, and he drove like a nut case.

Ivory Pearl coupe

Old 04-02-2004, 12:31 PM

Well I would like to take this opportunity to tell the world what they should already know, but don't seem to:

The no. 1 lane, otherwise known as "the fast lane", is a PASSING LANE. Not a lane for you to drive 65 in and all others be damned. If someone is behind you, get out of their way. Driving at your own speed is what the other lanes are for. Thank you for letting me say this.

The above was not specifically aimed at any poster here.

Reading these forums it sounds like there are alot of kids driving these cars, so I'm not surprised at what happened to you. Problem with this car is that with its powerful engine, great brakes and VSC, people think they are invincible and can ignore the laws of physics.

A similar example is this. Frequently in floods, 4 x 4 trucks are very often the ones that get swept away in flash floods. Why? Because people get emboldened with their cars off road capabilities, and try to traverse flooded areas when normal cars would turn around.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:17 PM

Im sick of this G on G violence....can't we all just get along?

I too get peeved when other G35 drivers don't give me the knod or the thumbs up back....

OG 03.5

Old 04-02-2004, 03:18 PM

I'm gonna put the blame squarely on the drivers of the 04' G's..... kidding...but not really.

OG 03.5

Old 04-02-2004, 03:40 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The no. 1 lane, otherwise known as "the fast lane", is a PASSING LANE. Not a lane for you to drive 65 in and all others be damned. If someone is behind you, get out of their way. Driving at your own speed is what the other lanes are for. Thank you for letting me say this

<hr></blockquote>
Believe me, you'll never meet anyone who's as much of a stickler as me when it comes to this. I drive from Lubbock to Dallas at least once a month, and there's nothing that aggravates me more than people who don't understand that the left lane is for passing only.

Having said that, it's not like I was poking along at 60 mph. I was doing at least 70mph, but we were on the off ramp in traffic, so you can't really be too picky about which lane you get in; you gotta take what you can get when there's that much traffic. Also, the off ramp (actually a little spur that connects 121 to 114) was a pretty hard left, and it's elevated above both highways, so it's not like I wanna be hauling a** up there. If you were to get in a wreck, and slammed into the wall or went over it, that'd be all she wrote. Lastly, I sped up to pass the car on my right so I could get over and let the guy pass me, but he insisted on driving like a freakin maniac, cutting the guy off, and almost running into the back of me while I was changing lanes.

It was a Black G Coupe, for whoever was wondering above. And there was a white Pontiac Grand Prix/Grand Am (couldn't tell which) that was either his friend driving with him, or they were racing, cause they were both doing 85+.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Reading these forums it sounds like there are alot of kids driving these cars, so I'm not surprised at what happened to you.

<hr></blockquote>
By the way, I'm only 20. Not all kids drive like idiots. And I'm not trying to be a smart a**; I'm just saying it wasn't like I was the grandma holding up traffic in the left lane. There's 2 sides to every story, but it seems to me I wasn't the bad driver on this occasion.

- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by rwjcp721 on 04/02/04 12:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-03-2004, 01:23 AM

I'm not sure if you're calling me a bad driver or the other guy...?

- Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 04-03-2004, 04:09 PM

You're 100% on the money, Elvis. Nothing pisses me off more than the lazy bastards that cruise the PASSING lane and don't move when you're on their *** trying to pass. That's what I think it is...just lazy, rude drivers. F'em!

Old 04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That German law you're talking about is called "Rechtesfahren" or "right driving", and it rocks. As soon as you pass someone you get back in the right lane. Period. My dad does this on the interstates here, and it drives me insane, as you typically spend less than 10 second in the right lane before you come up behind a granny and shift lanes again.

This post, however, is not about driving too slow in the fast lane-- it's about someone being a world-class d*ck. If you come up behind someone, and they signal to switch lanes to let you pass, don't go cutting off the driver to your right and trying to pass them just that much quicker. That's just retarded. Find that coupe and shove a potato up his tailpipes.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by sixone
Im sick of this G on G violence....can't we all just get along?

I too get peeved when other G35 drivers don't give me the knod or the thumbs up back....

OG 03.5

haha g on g violence!

Old 11-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Loren04Coupe
Why can't we adopt European rules, particularly Germany. It is illegal on the Autobahn to get passed on the right. If you are passed on the right, you can get ticketed for "Impeding traffic." This is the highest fine driving offense you can get. A ticket costs ~$400 US(2 years ago, probably more now). Instead of just being written a ticket, you have a choice: you can give them a credit card and pay the offense right there or you can go to jail. The results is that every car (except the British) that I came up on, just moved over well in advance. ...and no, most Germans do not drive their cars flat out...and the typical car is a 1.3-1.6 L 4-cylinder compact, not SUVs, pickups and minivans. The typical fast driving speed on the Autobahn is 160 kph ~ 100 mph. Even 911's were moving over when I was cruising at 200-220 kph. There was no flashing lights or honking necessary. Here by contrast, people drive slow in the left lane. Even with "slower traffic keep right signs" and someone on their *ss, they still don't move over. Even if the road is completely clear, they will still sit in the left lane.

04' G35 Coupe 6-sp
Diamond Graphite/Willow w/Premium
I agree 100%. I have spent quite a bit of time in Germany driving, and it is soooo different. It just goes to show it not all about speed, but really about having good drivers that understand the rules of the road (of course passing on the left is a law in Germany). With that said, I have seen some pretty awful accidents in Germany, and there are plenty of idiots there also.

I can also say that it does not matter how fast you drive in the left lane in Germany, if someone comes up behind you, you better get over. No joking around there. I was doing about 225km/h (about 135mph) for a good 2-3 hours and I had a BMW come up on me so fast I could barely get over, but he was flashing and honking like crazy (lesson learned-- pay attention behind you on the autobahn).

Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Holy thread bump, but yeah, I agree.

In Japan, it's the same way, if you're on the expressway in the right lane (passing lane) you had best get the hell over if someone comes up behind you.