G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help me Choose a Color!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me Choose a Color!!

I can't decide for the life of me which color I like best...My top 3 are Ivory Pearl, Twilight Blue, and Diamond Graphite...I'm also a sucker for Black...Help me out here guys your opinions are more then welcome...

Old 04-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Re: Help me Choose a Color!!

White, oh I mean "ivory pearl" is a utilitarian color. The choice of grannies worldwide. Gray/silver looks cool, but the freeways are crawling with silver/gray cars these days. Blue.. well there are different types of blue. If the "twilight blue" was more twilight and less sunrise I'd be down, but it's personally too light for me.

And with black; colors come and go, think of all the stupid trendy colors that time has forgotten, but black will always be black. A black car is a car that means business. Not to be f*cked with.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get twilight blue...you won't regret it. There are way to many silvers and blacks out there

Old 04-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Deep Sea Moderator

I love my black car and I've owned nothing but black cars but I'd recommend Twilight Blue also. It looks "almost" as good but it won't be as difficult to keep clean. It will also make your car a little more rare than the other colors.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest Monitors Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 08:31 PM

it's all a matter of personal taste dude. for me, silver and graphite are the best colors--both sporty yet classy looking. black is also very nice (just not nice as the other two) but gets really dirty easily and you'll always have to deal with the swirl marks. i was all about twilight blue when it first came out. when i finally saw it in person, it didn't really do it for me. red looks hot but appears more suited for a lady's car, in my opinion. of course, everyone has their own opinion and i'm sure that i'm going to get some negative feedback from ppl who disagree. in the end, just get what you truly like.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:34 PM

After 3 gorgeous black cars (they definitely look the best) I got sick of the pollen covered car every day and went with the white. I love it! I think the dark grey looked good, but the roads are inundated with silver. The red is gorgeous but I'd feel like a 16 yo girl driving that around (no offense).

Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 PM

Ivory Pearl all the way!!! You won't be sorry. It's classy and sporty, especially with a light tint on the windows. Good luck.

Ballzzz

Old 04-02-2004, 09:12 PM

Ivory pearl with TE 37 gold with polish lip.

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
AIM= bkchang79

Old 04-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My vote for Ivory pearl.........its not a plain stock white....the pearl in sunlight and florescent lighting can't be beat....and it will shine just a nice as many other colors....(but black and red will no doubt outshine all other colors...) I think it also looks the best with clear corners
It also doesn't show dust and dirt as bad as darker colors.....

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

220692-Pic6450.jpg

Old 04-02-2004, 10:04 PM

You'll be happy with any of them.

The choice should come down to the level of effort you want to "continue" to put into the car. Black is the highest maintenance with Twilight Blue being just as bad and you go down from there.

Also, if you don't have a garage, don't even think about Black or Twilight Blue. I would recommend that if you park in the sun at work you might want to consider a lighter color car too.

Twilight Blue USED to be rare but now it's getting almost as common as the greys/silvers.

Old 04-02-2004, 10:48 PM

Okay I take it back, that pic of the white with black interior looks good. I think the white with willow doesn't look so hot.

Old 04-02-2004, 11:38 PM

If you're getting a coupe, get red. It's a sports car. Red denotes sports...intensity, passion, speed and confidence. Why do you think Ferrari's are red? My second pick was black, but's it's very hard to keep clean. IMHO there are way too many silver cars out there, just as there are way too many Camrys, Accords, and BMWs. This coupe stands out and it's a sports car...give it the color that reinforces that. Lastly, look at most shots in G35 brochures...they're red, enough said.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:04 AM
WRAH

Black, Every car I've had has been black! Its the only way to go! Not to sound too negitive with the coupe, but it looks like a boat in light colours.

My second choice is BMW's dark metellic blues, but Infiniti doen't have those, so BLACK!!!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 04-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

g35tuning... any of those colors you mentioned are beautiful in their own way. if you have the time, check out the "wheels, brakes, tires and suspension" forum below and look for the 4 or 5 sticky threads listing car colors and rims. those are threads for rim selections, but you'll find good pics of every color. personally, i like black and twilight blue, even though they are the most high maintenance. good luck with your choice!

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 04-03-2004, 02:47 AM

i'm having the exact same trouble, can't decide on a color. right now its between platinum and white, both look great! i agree with the other comments that black is too hard to maintain (ditto for dark blue), silver/grey far too common, red reminds me of an 18 year olds car, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me Choose a Color!!