G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Beat a Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 04:51 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SixOne

It hasn't been shut down, because no one took it to the next level, till last couple of posts.

It was kind of fun, but its going to be shut down!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 04-06-2004, 04:55 PM

It was fun for you until you got your *** handed to you. Sure as hell was fun for me!

Old 04-06-2004, 05:03 PM
WRAH

My *** handed to me??? I had my doubts, still do, but I never insulted 'either one of you' at an unreasonable level!

Was that addressed to me?

'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by WRAH on 04/06/04 02:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Beat a Porsche!

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

LOL! Considering that it's coming from someone with 2 late-model cars, both on the steepest slope of the depreciation curve.

<hr></blockquote>

I never said either of my cars were good financial investments. With the exception of rare classic collector cars, cars are never a good investment.

The fact that both of my cars are late models is just a matter of circumstance. I tend to keep my cars for a long time. The last cars I've owned I kept for: 5 years, 8 years, 7 years, and 9 years. Most of them I drove 'til well over 100k miles. The Z06 I don't have any plans to get rid of in the next 10 years. I own it outright, and since I have no plans to sell it, depreciation is kind of a moot point to me.

If you believe ALG, you're going to lose close to 60% of the G35C's value in 5 years

<hr></blockquote>

The G35C I'm leasing for 2 years (1 year left). I'll probably buy it at the end because I'm 90% sure the actual depreciation will be less than what was factored into the residual. Tracking the blue book value of the '03 G35C so far, it appears that I was right. They are holding their value better than IFS estimated. If for some reason it ends up depreciating more than my residual, then I hand them back the keys in a year and walk away. So I'm pretty well covered with the G35C's depreciation.

A lot more money than that guy driving the (depreciated) Carrera is putting into maintenance. Yeah, he has to deal with the maintenance hassles and headaches, but that's a personal choice.

<hr></blockquote>

So you're trying to tell me Porsche Carreras don't depreciate? Think again! You can't compare the depreciation of a 10 year old car with a new car. The new car will always suffer more depreciation than the 10 year old car, no matter what the brand or model is. I don't even know how comparing older Carreras got into the equation here. I was always talking about new Carreras - don't care about the old ones. They're not relevant to the conversation here.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 04-06-2004, 05:12 PM

OK, we don't really care about you Wrah. SixFive is gonna meet up with us and he's gonna drive the EVO and hear our awesome exhaust on the G35 that we bought from Moog (coolest guy). Did you see the pics? Here's my CarDomain address....http://www.cardomain.com/id/tlbgtr

Old 04-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all nice and that. Just don't mind some ignorant losers on this forum. One thing that bothers me tho. Whats up with that GTR badge on the back of your Tib? Man...take that off for god's sake! People r just gonna make fun of u whenever they see it. If I don't say someone would. Kinda mentioned me about that red stang with the GTR badge and the guys were making fun of the owner... You don't wanna be that guy.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:20 PM

skyline...put that on couple years ago. know it's a little tacky, but was cool at the time. 'fraid to mess with it now, probably take some Hyundai paint with it! thanx.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Haha. I still think its funny that his "dad" and him are alternating to respond.

Thanks for the entertainment, WRAH.

Old 04-06-2004, 07:56 PM
WRAH

Oh good you got that..... I thought it would go unnoticed.....

WRAH's dad:I thought I told you to shut up already. Boy when I'm done with my TV dinner, I'm gonna beat you like a rented mule!

'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by WRAH on 04/06/04 04:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-06-2004, 08:01 PM
WRAH

Wait a thick!!! Now that I think about it, I never doubted the car or who was who. I didn't believe the our G could take a porsche 911!

And its an Auto G too!!!! I still smell BS!!!!

Old 04-06-2004, 08:14 PM

yea I_GOT_EVO no matter what happened, you are stilll label as a "lamer" in this site so eh

Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 PM

First off, Wrah, Bill Murray is mad you don't know how to spell his name correctly. My dad is still a fine-tuned athlete and happened to be a little crazier than the guy in his Porsche that day. Or maybe the Porsche guy was just a *****.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:21 PM
WRAH

I'm already covered for spelling on this site....

"WRAH's a cool guy"

.....and no one cares about speeling anyway, that is unless you spell infiniti, infinity.....

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murray

Old 04-06-2004, 10:45 PM

What are you driving MiXeD(uP), a TeRcEl?

Old 04-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Re: Beat a Porsche!

>I don't even know how comparing older Carreras got into the equation here. I was always talking about new Carreras - don't care about the old ones. They're not relevant to the conversation here.

First post of the thread, the Porsche (poseur) in question is a 1995 Carerra.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beat a Porsche!