G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No friggin' way.

Also, the 120 in 65 happened 1mo before accident.. IT HAS NOTHING to do with accident.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:59 PM

I'm a little confused here. You're still paying insurance but they also cancelled you? Which one is it? If you're still paying and they accept your money, they should cover the costs of the repairs up to your limit minus your deductible. Even if they cancel you, I believe (not not sure as I'm not a lawyer) they have to cover you for some amount of time after cancellation (you should check on this, might vary by state).

Let's say you no longer have insurance (which saves you $400/mo), I would just get a beater to drive with in the meantime, and save up to get it repaired, don't see what else you could do seeing as you still owe money on it.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:01 PM
WRAH

Yeah, you were covered when you wreaked! They have to pay!!! But can drop you after that!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 04-04-2004, 10:04 PM

no no they said i was cancelled during the accident period...

Old 04-05-2004, 01:30 AM

Get the loan to fix the car and get a bus pass or take a taxi while it is being fixed. You are in college so you shouldn't have to go very far for stuff where a bus or bicycle wouldn't be sufficient.

Although I would be suprised if a bank gave you a loan, even if the numbers worked out to justify it.

Main reason: You let your insurance expire.

This shows blatent irresponsibility. I know it was a slip of your mind that led to it, but in the eyes of people with money where the responsibility of their loanee is their only concern, it is irrelevant.

As far as the body shop working out some payment plan, I don't see that happening. You are 18 and have no real assets I am assuming, except your totalled car. So if you claim bankruptcy (yes I know you won't, but they don't really know you wont), they are left holding their sacks trying to recoup 21k in damages. Additionally they don't want to front 21k in labor and parts and then let you pay them back a little at the time as there isn't much in it for them unless they charge you a real fat interest rate.

You are 18. You have no assets. To people with money to loan, paychecks are not guarenteed, only assets are. Get used to not being given a break everytime you make a mistake, the real world is weird like that.

Personally the insurance rate you pay would have made me choose another car, and I am even paying cash for a 6MT when it arrives later this month.

Maybe you could get in under your parents for coverage as that premium makes my *** hurt from the reaming yours is taking.

I'm 25, wreck free/safe driver discounted, and will pay 940 a year for state farm full coverage insurance. Point being, maybe you could get a less 'dangerous' car and build up a cleaner driving record to get cheaper insurance.

I'm practical and frugal; I just figured I'd try and make some sort of argument to that affect.

I currently pay 500 a year for my taurus insurance, and that includes a 1,000,000 liability policy just in case i run into a bus full of 5 year old prodigies who all have laywers for parents. hehe.

Good luck and keep us updated. As someone who is already attached to a car I don't even have yet, it pains me to tell you to buy a different car, but with your circumstances as they are, in the long run it may be the best thing you could do to expedite your financial recovery, or avoiding early 20's chapter 11.

-Chris

Old 04-05-2004, 02:03 AM

Damn. That's a real bust on your insurance company. They always rip people off. I mean you pay them and they don't even give you a break when you need it most.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:45 AM

DragonGcoupe, I guess it's fair to say you and I do not see eye to eye. I quote you stating...

"Damn. That's a real bust on your insurance company. They always rip people off. I mean you pay them and they don't even give you a break when you need it most."

Well let's review the case history. The driver above was going 120-ish in a 65mph zone and was caught. The driver above was not responsible enough to have his car in required working order per the agreed upon terms of the insurance contract. The driver of the car got in an accident and was quoted OVER $20,000 to fix his car. What insurance company in their right mind would want to touch this kid with a ten foot pole. An insurance company is in the business TO MAKE MONEY and this driver is consistantly proving that he is a risk to their primary directive.

2fast,
The best advise I could give you would be to begin obeying the traffic laws. And since DragonGcoupe always gets upset with me for being a "jerk" I'll offer some additional advice. I would recommend talking to a financial institution that would be willing to give you a loan like the bank that you use for your business account. I would also speak to a lawyer who specializes in contracts or insurance laws. It might be that you actually had valid insurance due to some grace period that your insurance company is not disclosing to you. Also, I recommend you change your screen name to "Once bitten" and slow down a bit. Imagine what would have happened if you had a blowout at 120mph...

Good Luck!

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)

Old 04-05-2004, 06:55 AM

Everyone fails to realize that the 120MPH in 65MPH didnt stick yet. I am yet to go to court for it. MY INSURANCE COMPANY DOESNT KNOW ABOUT IT

The only reason i got cancelled was because of the inspection report which i failed to fax to them on time because the letter was at home and i was on campus and i didnt know i had 3 weeks to do it... I know its my fault but im saying this coud have happened to anyone

Old 04-05-2004, 07:05 AM
Banned

The assigned risk was made for people with poor driving records. I think cars licenses should be suspended immediately for 120 in a 65. You are risking the your life and the life of others. No can can react to an emergemcy condition going that fast.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Banned

Why should the insurance carrier give him a break? If you dont pay your bill, they cancel you period.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-05-2004, 07:28 AM

lol everyone is missing the whole point of this thread

Old 04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sure running the Pilot Sport summer tires in snow had nothing to do with it either... theres something missing in this story...regardless, sorry to hear of the bad luck

2003 BLK/BLK 6-spd Injen clear corners

Old 04-05-2004, 09:29 AM

I didn't miss the point of the thread. You are trying to figure out the least painful way to get your car fixed, have some usable form of transportation in the meantime, and avoid bankruptcy.

I know you lost your insurance because you failed to send in a form. Ticket or not, you have no insurance for the ticket to affect, once that case is resolved. So yes, that is the least of your problems.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Re: Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.

The real question is, if you in deed had paid insurance at the time of the accident I don't see why they will not cover you even if this "report" was late. I have had state farm for years now and when I have had accidents they will tow the vehicle to the shop of my choice and have an adjuster dispatched to survey the damage. No reports, forms etc...If a police report existed they will obtain that too.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Re: Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.

the contract was coverage will be cancelled if inspection report wasnt provided..

So coverage ended up being cancelled

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.