G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.

Ok, im 18yrs old. I am in college. I was fortunate enough to start up an online business that brings me a few thousand a month of stable and guaranteed income...

Im good at saving, so i went ahead and saved up $. October last year, i wanted to reward myself for all my late nights and hard work so i bought a G35 with everything including Lojack, window tints, and alarm with remote start. It was $42k plus $2.5k or so for state tax, I gave the dealership $14k down payment, financed the rest for 5yrs at about $600/mo, so far ive paid for november, dec, jan, feb, march, april,so about $3k given to infiniti.

Anyway i also got First Trenton Insurance for $5500/yr and i had no problem paying that. I was a happy guy... Enjoying my car and enjoying life. Well my first problem was when i got hit for going 120mph in 65mph, ( it was 2am and i really wasnt going that fast), well i got an attorney and its not too bad anymore. they will drop the reckless driving charge and reduce speed to 95 in 65 and drop the failure to keep right.. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago, i was coming back from school on the turnpike at about 1am, going about 70mph, i was run off the road by a black SUV and my car hit the left divider and spun out several times. I called insurance company, they agreed and moved my car to a body shop, 2 days later, they call me and tell me that my policy was cancelled because i failed to provide them with inspection report(I was gonna do this but i know its my fault i forgot), ive been battling with them for 2 weeks and its getting nowhere, I filled a complaint, had a lawyer talk to them, etc, Also, they said they sent a cancellation notice to me at home but i never got it.. by the way i live on campus...

SO, i took my car to Mizzoni auto body in Lodi NJ, they said it would cost $21k to fix my car, I would have to give them about $3-4k to start and then the rest in 2-3weeks when they are done. Thats where my problem is, I cant FORK out $21k in a month, at the most i can save like $2k a month.. I would need like a whole year to save up $21k,(by the way i also have phone bills, car bill, insurance, school fees,), Some people think im living beyond my means but im not.. I make well over $50k/yr at 18yrs and i never had a problem paying for the car or insurance, so how is that living above my means??

Anyway I could buy a cheap *** $500 car, but that would cost me a LOT because I am spending about $1000/mo total on the car.. ($600 for car, $400 insurance), so if i dont drive it for 8 months, thats $8000 wasted. I am a business major and i think in terms of smartest way to use your money.. Thats why i said i wouldnt mind a loan, I bet the loan interest wont be more than $8000. Also, Right now, the only bills i have are my car, phone, school, and insurance, I can easily afford to add on a $1k payment for a loan(I like to pay off stuff fast, so i might just pay the whole loan in 3months),

So people, now you see what im faced with.. If i buy a cheap car, i would spend like $2k total to get it drivable, then about $1k insurance, then about $8k for months i dont have my car, at the end i am looking at $10k loss. I would much rather get a loan or find a body shop that will sign a contract and do monthly payments.. Everyone is scared nowadays.. if i have a bill I WILL pay it.. I dont know why a body shop wont sign a contract with me and have me pay them say $2k/mo till i pay it all of, IF I DONT PAY THEY CAN JUST SUE ME??? im not running anywhere.

Anyway, here is the car that is gonna cost $20k to fix...
http://63.246.138.100:100/accident/

Cheers,

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by 2fast on 04/04/04 04:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-04-2004, 08:54 PM
No friggin' way.

That sucks.I don't wan to really derail your thread, but I really want to know how the hell you can get hit for 450/month for insurance. That's [censored] ridiculous. There isn't a car made that would cost me over $200 month. I'm 23, live in Fl, and have Allstate. Even a Viper was $170/month when I checked earlier in the year. I'm not trying to brag, just showing a comparision. You said you had no problems paying that, but I have to wonder if you compared or asked anyone else if that's normal? That's more than most people's car payment, and I'd be livid if anyone thought I would pay about a weeks wages for insurance.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Re: No friggin' way.

I shopped around. Remember ive had my license for 7 mo.... I got quotes as high as $12k..

The lowest i got was $5500/yr (it was originally higher, but i received discount for good student discount, lojack, $1000 deductable, and safe area(because car is registered in piscataway where i live)

Old 04-04-2004, 09:02 PM

I don't see how they can expect students to pay that. Min wage is around $5.50, right? Half the students at college don't even have jobs. That's just a crock.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:06 PM
WRAH

so that's where the horns are located!!! Man that really sucks!

I got a great idea though!!! Altezza lights!!! I'm taking off the red lenses, and glueing reflectors on the back, its going to be great!!!

"What if there is no tomorrow....There wasn't one today!!!" Bill Murry
'04 OB/GL Prem.Pkg./Sport.Pkg/Splash

Old 04-04-2004, 09:13 PM

Btw, you don't want to take your car in for work and then not pay. They have the Mechanics lean law, which lets them hold your car for collateral until you pay. Unless they try to screw you by doing work you never agreed to, don't skip out on paying them.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:16 PM

Holy crap you make 50g's a year? Maybe you should introduce me to this online business of yours. Anyways, 21k in damage? That's gonna take ALOT longer than a month to fix as most of the Infiniti parts are new and on backorder. It should take at least 4 months. You should get your attorney to battle it out with the insurance company to see if they can total it and get you a new car. In the meantime, I'd just get some cheap car for transportation.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:22 PM

Dude, that car does not cost $21k to fix!! I live in NYC and can help you out.
EMail me

Viper62382@aol.com

And for those who dont believe the insurance. I pay $990 a month for 21 year old male in Brooklyn, NY w/ GEICO

Old 04-04-2004, 09:22 PM

I'd say get a bus pass. That's a lot cheaper than a new car and no interest.

-Chris

Old 04-04-2004, 09:24 PM

they said 3 weeks. another body shop said it would take 3 weeks too

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by 2fast on 04/04/04 06:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-04-2004, 09:28 PM

I am in NYC. I am 28 and I pay 2700 per 6 months w/Geico.

Umm if u wanna make some money, you could sell the head lights to me if theyre still operational and then let your insurance cover the replacement once you get them to cover you. J/K ..Good Luck...I hate seeing a beat up G.

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV and SAT).
No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."

Old 04-04-2004, 09:34 PM

I'd also say get a loan while you ride the bus/taxi cabs, and fix the car.

-Chris

Old 04-04-2004, 09:39 PM

What loan though?

Old 04-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

120 in a 65 and you say you weren't going fast? Even the reduction to 95 is still pretty damn fast. I can see why your insurance company dropped you. I didn't think insurance companies can drop you mid term, unless your six months were up right then and there. 21k to fix that is ludicrous.

But the insurance numbers in NJ are pretty accurate for those of you lucky people out of state. Even with a clean license at that age, you would probably shave a couple hundred off per six months, nothing major.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

Old 04-04-2004, 09:43 PM

Hey, thats not the question here - the insurance company dropping me wasnt because of the speed. Im yet to go to court because of this - but my attorney told me about them dropping the speed because he knows them there. My court date for that is April 22nd, so my insurance doesnt even know about this yet! what are you talking about??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok everyone.. Accident pics + Full info about me.