G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.

"Hey guys....Am I getting paranoid...or does this sound like another kookoo/tailspin fantasy?

I apologize in advance if this is truly not the case, but damn....lets see some other pic of your car rather than in an office parking lot....from the back no less..... "

Why do you have to be so negative? Think for a minute… My car was in the shop almost half the time I owned it and you wonder why I do not want another one.

And gas mileage matters because I take trips from Houston to Seattle, if you would read the prior post.

Z06ified owned a Z06, maybe you should call him out too why your at it.

Forgive the license plate; I did that in Photoshop some time ago now.

Oh, by the way, that would happen to be my parking spot.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35chief on 04/05/04 07:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

the plates real cute......lol
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Why do you have to be so negative? Think for a minute… My car was in the shop almost half the time he owned it and you wonder why I do not want another one.

<hr></blockquote>
my car was in the shop half the time "HE" owned it...hmmmm maybe just a typo .....

Do any mods to your ride?

Say you live in texas.....nice area....I always wanted to see the Big state...

anyway...Lots of luck in your new car endeavor...and welcome to the forum.....hmmmmmmmmmmm

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-05-2004, 10:02 PM

Could it be kookoo/tailspin/g35chief ?

Old 04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

haha... youuuu guyssss. whether or not it's his car, i like it. love that color, too.

*sensing that someone is trying to find that bmw on ebay*

g35chief... there's been a handful of threads (the coupe section, in particular, so just check out the older posts down below and possibly on older pages) talking about gas mileage. welcome to the forum, and hopefully, you'll get some answers to your questions.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 04-05-2004, 10:38 PM

"Could it be kookoo/tailspin/g35chief ?"

If you want my vin number, then I’ll go get you a vin number.

If you are still not satisfied that it is my car then you can go to the M3forum or roadfly’s E46 forum and ask about TexasSwifty’s lemoned M3.

It’s sad that someone with an E46 M3 appreciates your car, and you do everything you can to belittle him

Thank you everyone for your posts, opinions and information. I didn’t know when considering the G35 coupe as my next car that I would have to take into consideration the mentality of a small percentage of the G35 drivers.

Here is another picture of my car before I went to the Laker’s game awhile back.

Also, notice the dream catcher on the rear view mirror of my prior post and the fact the my s/n is g35 CHIEF. You can also see the rockets parking permit from when I went to the game.

Finally, you can always go to my old web page at www.beamerboynick.com<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35chief on 04/05/04 09:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-06-2004, 06:21 AM

Texas Swifty,

Welcome. There has been a troll or two called out locally here, claiming to own nice cars. He/she/it has claimed to own a Porsche GT2, then morphed into another character who has claimed to own a Volvo SR60, a 350Z and a G35 all at the same time. While on other message boards claiming to have traded in the Z for the G, saying he was beat in a drag race by the SR60, only to post on another board that he just bought his wife a SR60 on/around the same day.

It has been ~1 week since we've heard from this clown, and IRONICALLY you showed up here at/around the same time this kook should be reappearing with his next best thing. Your M3 certainly qualifies as the next best thing. Great car (if you can get a non lemon).

I have read posts by TexasSwifty on Roadfly and I think he's the real deal. I also think UMP is a gift from the gods [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img], do you agree Swifty? FYI, there is another really cool G35 site, FreshAlloy that you definitely need to check out. Some cool guys like Eagle1, Rouxroux, (and a few others) who are getting into autocross and track set-ups. It will be very reminessant of Road Fly with Medina, Chuck, Shep, and the gang. BTW how's Snoop doing (the dog, not Medina) [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard.

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats
JIC Y-Pipe & Crawford Plenum (on order)

Old 04-06-2004, 08:31 AM

I have read posts by TexasSwifty on Roadfly and I think he's the real deal. I also think UMP is a gift from the gods , do you agree Swifty? FYI, there is another really cool G35 site, FreshAlloy that you definitely need to check out. Some cool guys like Eagle1, Rouxroux, (and a few others) who are getting into autocross and track set-ups. It will be very reminessant of Road Fly with Medina, Chuck, Shep, and the gang. BTW how's Snoop doing (the dog, not Medina)

<hr></blockquote>
Thanks for the help; I thought I was going to have to take a picture of my driver’s license and birth certificate next to the car to get anyone to believe me.

I really do appreciate all of the help thus far. I know the G35 is less expensive than the check I’m getting back from BMW North America; however, I do not want another 3 series, as Bangle is changing the body style as we speak. I do not want the S4 because the interior, other than being two toned, looks like an early 90’s model Volvo…

…And thus I am exploring the G35 coupe.

P.S. I've always enjoyed Alex's and Caddy's opinions over on roadfly, their real knowledgeable.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Let me be the first to once again apologize, (walking with tail between his legs)
This is not my site....and every legitimate poster as well as those that may not be exactly truthful deserve their place here..

I'm sorry that your M3 turned out to be a lemon....it is probably one of the more aggressive looking cars on the road...

What exactly gave you all your problems?
At least BMW made good on their policy about the car....

Welcome to the forum....Dennis

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
BEYOND HELP

Sorre to hear about your problems with the bimmer.

Your color combo for the G is great.

Go AT, it's my first in 15 years and was hesitant at first, I don't regret it now.

Good Luk

<font color=blue> G35C Twl Blue /Willow 5at Prem and ..... It's Paid For </font color=blue>

Old 04-06-2004, 10:06 AM

What exactly gave you all your problems?

<hr></blockquote>

The transmission on M3 made a clunking noise in lower gears. The car would always stall when you idle (not because of a cold start). Finally, the car would idle at 1200 and suddenly drop to 700.

The car has died on the highway twice now.

Oh, and you know how I take road trips all the time, the damn car does not have a spare (that has always bothered me).

Anyways, the SMG transmission is not the way to go if anyone around here “upgrades” to an M3.

I guess I’m just looking for the best daily driver, and I think I’ve found it for my price range. The only other car I’ve test drove and appreciated was the Cadillac CTS-V; however, BMW buying back the car left me with a lot of money I never thought I’d see again. I’m not sure I want to spend it all (This is part of the reason I am not considering the S4). The CTS, Luxury-Sport was a nice, cheaper alternative but a sedan is not my style. I look at the 350z convertible in blue w/ a blue top, but I did not like it at all. No back seat and uncomfortable in the front too. I drove the new Honda Accord, for the heck of it I guess, but it is just way too much of a downgrade. I looked at a Pontiac GTO and it is so cheap and ugly looking.

If you all would like to recommend any other car I would appreciate it (please, no Volvo’s), but I think that it would help me, just as much, to hear more information and/or opinions on the G35.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM

Your color combo for the G is great.

Good Luk

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks BLUE_35. What is your opinion on CBlue, BSilver and White (I was considering these colors also. I'm a blue car kind of guy though)?

Old 04-06-2004, 10:20 AM

Some cool guys like Eagle1, Rouxroux, (and a few others) who are getting into autocross and track set-ups. It will be very reminessant of Road Fly with Medina, Chuck, Shep, and the gang.

<hr></blockquote>

I would be extremely interested if I end up with a G35.

I heavily participated in the Roadfly’s forum and the M3forum when I had my car to drive, but for the past three weeks the car has been in the shop. I’d really like to become part of a knowledgeable forum again.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:32 AM

Buy a G35c and with the rest of the money you can buy another toy: bike, boat, quad, etc.

Seriously you americans are so lucky to have the lemon law.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:40 AM

Think VORTEC...

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger | RT Cats | Crawford Plenum | JIC Y-Pipe (STILL on order)

Old 04-06-2004, 10:48 AM
BEYOND HELP

g35chief

Originally I walked into the showroom for a red mt. When I saw the two side by side, well you know the story.

Color choices and combos are an individuasl choice and that's why they offer different choices. Isn't america a great country. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I wouldn't be getting hung up on the color and interior. If you do you maybe looking at the '05's by the time you make a decision. Go with your gut feeling and what you are compfortable with.

As you probably know and my fellow TB and Black owners do, as soon as you turn the hose off, the car is dirty already. It will show everything. But when it's clean..... aaahhhhhh.

<font color=blue> G35C Twl Blue /Willow 5at Prem and ..... It's Paid For </font color=blue>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.