G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.

My 03' M3 was lemoned last week. I'm thinking about buying a G35 coupe

Could anyone, please, offer me some advice?

What are the pros and cons of owning a Infiniti G35 coupe?

How many miles per gallon do you get?

I test drove the car last week and love it. As of now, I would purchase a Twilight Blue, Willow interior, XM radio, Premium, Areo, Navigation coupe that the dealer found new for me.

Thanks for the help,
Nick

http://221995-http://i.xanga.com/bea...0-%20angle.jpg

Old 04-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Re: My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.

Sorry to hear that. My boy has an M3 and I considered one, but even the dealer admitted to me that their was a ton of problems with blown engines on the SMG's.

My mileage per tank is horrible, others have reported better. I'd be lucky to see 260, but it can't be any worst than your M3.

Too much good to list though, if you'd tell me what you like about your M3 than I'd have a better response.

Good Luck

OG 03.5

Old 04-05-2004, 11:05 AM

Are you getting a 6sp or auto?

So far I'm getting about 18 to 19mpg but I'm at just over the breakin period 1300 miles. The mileage is said to improve after a good few months of breakin.

I have a manual coupe in Ivory/graphite. So far its been pretty good, just a couple of rattles. Driving wise I have no complaints, the only really thing I dislike is that the climate control is a bit awkward to use and some setting combinations dont work (recirculating air with the fan on). No auto up windows with the remote. And when washing the car the front grill is an endless pond of water that will not stop dripping unless you put a towel right on the front edge and leave it there until you have wiped down the rest of the car.

Other than that the car has been great, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:26 PM

Sorry to hear about the M3. It's sad that such a great car by a great maker has had such serious problems. You won't be "lemoning" your G35C though. It's a very reliable, trouble free car. The few comnplaints you will see on this board about the car are usually pretty minor with the exception of some gear grinding issues in the 6MT (mine's ok so far).

I don't leadfoot my car very often (I'm 52) so I get much better mileage than most around here, about 24-25 MPG according to the Nav (which is evidently about .7 MPG optimistic).

To put it simply, I think the G35 Coupe might be the best all around near-sports car on the road today ("near" because it has a back seat, not because it lacks "true" sports car performance - it doesn't). Get one. You'll love it.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:59 PM

Ive got a 6MT twi blue, willow, and nav. I drive 20 miles each way to work on the highway and if I would drive 70 instead of 80 the screen says i would get 27-28 mpg instead of 23-24 what i average. I came from a POS RX-8 that I am in the process of lemoning (floods if you drive short distances). Was getting 15mpg on my same route with that car.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Premier Member

I do a mix of 75% city, and 25% highway, I get 360 a tank before I need to fill up. Fuel light comes on about 350.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:15 PM

I would get auto...
I've own a 6speed, and the m3 was smg trans. and so i've had my fun.

I've had trouble in the past w/ traffic tickets; however, over the past two years I have change the way I drive, and have yet to get another ticket.

One other question, I love road trips. I have a place in both Austin, TX, and Houston, TX. I drive back and forth often. I love going to New Orleans and Pensacola. About once a year, I will drive to somewhere like Seattle or Maine.

So… How is the G35 on the Highway?

Thanks for all the help guys,
Nick

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35chief on 04/05/04 11:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-05-2004, 02:36 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

What are the pros and cons of owning a Infiniti G35 coupe?

<hr></blockquote>
Pros: Respectable power, handling and exterior design.
Cons: Interior is a bit dated, stereo is so-so

How many miles per gallon do you get?

<hr></blockquote>
I'm averaging ~23mpg

I test drove the car last week and love it. As of now, I would purchase a Twilight Blue, Willow interior, XM radio, Premium, Areo, Navigation coupe that the dealer found new for me.

<hr></blockquote>
Same configuration as mine except I got the 6mt. Note that the 6mt comes with the Brembo brakes and 18" wheels.

Good luck with your purchase. It's not as fast as the M3 but it'll be fast enough for average driving situations. Plus, with the money you're saving, you can easily add a supercharger/turbocharger and more than make up for the loss of power...

Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 PM

Could you ride in the back seat for an extended period of time if you were the only one back there (i.e. 6 hours)?

Old 04-05-2004, 04:27 PM

If you're short, say under 5'6, the backseat of the coupe is just fine. My wife have sat in the back (she's 5'4" or so) for an hour long trip and didn't find the space to be an issue.

<font color=purple>2004 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/Graphite 5AT</font color=purple>
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels, Z-Xtreme Hyper Grounding Cables,
K&N filter, Clear Corners, 350Z Aluminum Pedals,
Sony Ericsson HCB-30

Old 04-05-2004, 05:46 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How disappointing to hear about the M3. Good thing BMW stands behind them. I have a friend who also got a refund on an M3.
I have owned two BMW's in the past and had been extremely happy with them. I think you will be happy with the G. It is probably 98% as good as the M3 for half the price!
Coming from the BMW you will notice a lot more interior noise in the G than you are used to and the lack of a full power/memory seat on the drivers side is an inconvenience. Otherwise I cannot fault the car at all. It is always fun to drive. Also the automatic is better than the auto in either of my BMW's; so I am sure you will be happy with it also.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your M3, but glad to hear they are buying it back for you. I almost bought one back in 2002 (had a deposit on one for 8 months), but changed my mind and went with a Z06 when I learned how maintenance intensive the M3 motor was. I also did quite a bit of research on the M3 motor and it seemed like it was a very high strung, high maintenance, practically a race motor. Attributes I didn't like. And this was BEFORE the blown engine problems started appearing. Anyway, as much as I love the M3, glad I didn't get one.

I saw a G35 coupe in person with the exact color combo you want, and it looks GREAT. So good choice there. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pros: Looks gorgeous, drives fantastic, comfortable, great exhaust sound, low maintenance, lots of mods available, great dealer service and warranty, excellent handling & brakes, just a joy to drive. Fun car.

Cons: Small trunk, rearseat headroom tight, gas mileage poor, seats could be more comfortable (especially lumbar), seat belt doesn't sit right, joystick based NAV is annoying (should be touchscreen), clutch pedal too high and too much travel, sunglass holder doesn't hold most sunglasses, paint on front of car is too soft and chips WAY too easily, memory seats don't remember recline angle, moonroof creaks, some interior rattles.

That may sound bad, but they are all MINOR complaints, and overall, I still love the car because it does everything else so well.

I average about 22 MPG. Best I ever got was 25 MPG in all highway driving (although I was driving in the middle of the desert averaging 95 MPH, with a few extended runs up to 130 MPH [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] ). I'm sure the mileage would have been better if kept closer to the speed limit LOL.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 04-05-2004, 08:27 PM

get another M3. I love that car. I couldnt find a good enough deal on one so i got a G instead. Dont get me wrong the G is an excellent car... i figure i can make some mighty nice mods with the left over money.
BUt i can not take anything away from the M3. It is the mark to beat

exhuast, intake, Clear Bra, Race pedals, momo ****, Eibach Sway Bars & Springs, Piaa 4150k, 15% tint, Bronze Volks CE28N 19" 245/275-30,
Custom Leather Interior

222441-g35 013.jpg

Old 04-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys....Am I getting paranoid...or does this sound like another kookoo/tailspin fantasy?

I apologize in advance if this is truly not the case, but damn....lets see some other pic of your car rather than in a parking lot....from the back no less.....I'm sure you must have some other photos, its quite a beautiful automobile...

If you owned an M3, and two homes in TX, why the heck would you care about gas mileage? That was the least important thing when I purchased my car.....

I once again am sorry if this is for real...truly...but it makes me think.....Hmmmmmmmmmmm I smell tailspin..<font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>
P.S. Welcome to the forum.....

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 03' M3 was lemoned last week.