G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 info/specs website? In the market, trying to educate myself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 info/specs website? In the market, trying to educate myself

Sup all, new member, first post,

I currently own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and must say I love it. I'm big into all the back country stuff but hate the gas that eats at my bank account$$$$$ I'm looking into buying a 03-04 (cheaper) g35 but wanted to be a respectable buyer and do my research first. I plan on keeping my jeep and needed another daily driver that's 10x easier on gas. Now that you know the backstory here's the question: Are there any websites that list completely all the specs of the g35 from 03 and all sequential model years?

www.wjjeeps.com is the website i use for my jeep and you can use it as a point of reference for the type of website i'm looking for (or anything similar). All the information was compiled by enthusiasts and i'm sure someone on here knows of a website of similar variety for the g35

Long post, i know, thanks for any responses

Old 04-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpinTk
I plan on keeping my jeep and needed another daily driver that's 10x easier on gas.
LOL if your Jeep gets like 2mpg then a G just might fulfill your requirement! If you want to average more than 20mpg in mixed driving you're going to need to look elsewhere.

Last edited by Joe_Camel; 04-26-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^ Good site

To OP: is your friend too.
BTW...welcome to Driver.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks goes to steveblake...this looks like what i wanted, appreciate the feedback

Old 04-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No problem bro! I get like 20 mpg in my G and use it as my DD, i'd definitely get the G if i were you

Old 04-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I currently own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and must say I love it. I'm big into all the back country stuff but hate the gas that eats at my bank account$$$$$ I'm looking into buying a 03-04 (cheaper) g35 but wanted to be a respectable buyer and do my research first. I plan on keeping my jeep and needed another daily driver that's 10x easier on gas. [/B]
I really don't think a G35 is the car for you as a second vehicle for the purposes of daily commuting and being cheap overall and good on gas. The G is neither cheap, nor good on gas. You might get 4 MPG better overall in the G35 than you do in your Jeep, but that won't even come close to offsetting the initial cost of buying the G35 as well as the extra insurance to keep both on the road at the same time.

I'd probably look into something a lot cheaper that gets a lot better gas milleage... that way you can save a lot on gas prices as well as not have to worry as much about depreciation due to heavy milleage accumulation on an expensive car. Maybe something like a used Honda Civic/4-Cyl Accord, or a Toyota Corolla would be a better choice to meet your needs.

Trending Topics

Old 04-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
No problem bro! I get like 20 mpg in my G and use it as my DD, i'd definitely get the G if i were you
you lucky bastard...

Old 04-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
I really don't think a G35 is the car for you as a second vehicle for the purposes of daily commuting and being cheap overall and good on gas. The G is neither cheap, nor good on gas. You might get 4 MPG better overall in the G35 than you do in your Jeep, but that won't even come close to offsetting the initial cost of buying the G35 as well as the extra insurance to keep both on the road at the same time.

I'd probably look into something a lot cheaper that gets a lot better gas milleage... that way you can save a lot on gas prices as well as not have to worry as much about depreciation due to heavy milleage accumulation on an expensive car. Maybe something like a used Honda Civic/4-Cyl Accord, or a Toyota Corolla would be a better choice to meet your needs.
Oh, so you're tryin to keep all of the G35's for yourself

I understand what you're saying but if you drove around with me for a day in the passenger seat you're wallet would be burning. Not to mention the insurance doesn't matter to me. I've loved the look and feel of the G35 since its release and wanted one for so long. Now that gas is increasing I have an excuse to look into one. Right now, 25 mpg would be nothing short of a miracle. Keep in mind that I won't be actually purchasing one til around next year, thus the prices will be lower in comparison to this year. God I Love This Damn Car!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
try this website www.infinitihelp.com

Old 04-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Oh, so you're tryin to keep all of the G35's for yourself

I understand what you're saying but if you drove around with me for a day in the passenger seat you're wallet would be burning. Not to mention the insurance doesn't matter to me. I've loved the look and feel of the G35 since its release and wanted one for so long. Now that gas is increasing I have an excuse to look into one. Right now, 25 mpg would be nothing short of a miracle. Keep in mind that I won't be actually purchasing one til around next year, thus the prices will be lower in comparison to this year. God I Love This Damn Car!!!!
25 MPG would be a miracle for me too, and I own a G35.

If you get one, expect to get around 16 to 23 MPG overall... that being about the range of economy you can expect to see in a 6MT G35 Coupe based on driving styles ranging from Pedal-To-The-Metal mode(16 or lower) to Grandpa-Mode babying it(around 23).

If you do get one, one thing I know you'll appreciate is the difference between switching back and forth between a tall, offroad capable, SUV/Truck and a sporty, low and quick G35 Coupe. I do the same thing with my Tacoma 4x4 which has some decently large tires and rock sliders, etc that I use for my winter/inclement-weather vehicle and occasional trail rig. It really makes you appreciate the positives that each vehicle has to offer, such as being able to see over and around other cars in the truck(and see over snow banks at intersections in the winter) as well as being able to bash through huge potholes in the road without even a thought of damaging anything, and being able to park the thing in those dangerous front spots at the supermarket without worry of any anyone denting it.

If you get one though.. make sure it's a 6MT!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
25 MPG would be a miracle for me too, and I own a G35.

If you get one, expect to get around 16 to 23 MPG overall... that being about the range of economy you can expect to see in a 6MT G35 Coupe based on driving styles ranging from Pedal-To-The-Metal mode(16 or lower) to Grandpa-Mode babying it(around 23).

If you do get one, one thing I know you'll appreciate is the difference between switching back and forth between a tall, offroad capable, SUV/Truck and a sporty, low and quick G35 Coupe. I do the same thing with my Tacoma 4x4 which has some decently large tires and rock sliders, etc that I use for my winter/inclement-weather vehicle and occasional trail rig. It really makes you appreciate the positives that each vehicle has to offer, such as being able to see over and around other cars in the truck(and see over snow banks at intersections in the winter) as well as being able to bash through huge potholes in the road without even a thought of damaging anything, and being able to park the thing in those dangerous front spots at the supermarket without worry of any anyone denting it.

If you get one though.. make sure it's a 6MT!

Haha, then you know where i'm coming from. Ive driven sportier cars before (hondas, hyundais, toyotas) randomly that weren't mine and the difference is unreal. I'de love to have my own whip though...best of both worlds. I baby my V8 right now, and i'm sure the power of the g will wow me strictly from stark contrast. That's why i figure its the perfect fit for me. Appreciate the insight! Def. gonna update with my decision. If I can find a black/graphite 03-04 manual (6 m/t i'm assuming) for the right price its a wrap!!