G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Twilight Blue?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twilight Blue?!?!?

Love my TB coupe...think I saw one here in Las Vegas...or maybe it was black..couldn't tell in the dark. Bitch to keep clean though especially in an apartment where you can't wash anything..anyone in Las Vegas know a good car wash...Pingo

Old 04-20-2004, 11:09 PM

How do you post a pic in your message? I will post a picture of my TB coupe that I just took delivery on last week.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:05 AM

Here's a picture of my TB coupe. Even though it is a job to keep it clean, it is soooo worth the effort! It is a beautiful color and I have no regrets at all. There is no other color that I would choose to have. And btw, real women can drive a TB coupe, too... lol [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

233775-car.jpg

Old 04-21-2004, 12:17 PM

I have to agree with everybody else. It is a striking color. It is extremely difficult to keep looking good though. On the other hand, it means you get to spend a lot of time up close and personal with it, keeping it clean. So far, I still haven't gotten tired of that aspect (7 weeks?), although I think the wife is starting to. Seems to keep me from all those honeydos.

2004.5 TB/Willow 6MT Coupe
Aluminum Pedals
BEL RX75 Pro Plus
K&N Hi-Flow

Old 04-21-2004, 01:38 PM

TB is a nice color and that's why I picked it for my G. Just click on my profile and check out my ride. I'd say it's about as hard to keep clean as black so I CGed it as soon as I got the car, so no worries there.

What ppl say about TB is right. It does look blackish at night and at day it is a nice shiny dark blue. I would say gold, chrome, and silver rims would look really tight with the car and I know some may disagree, but I think graphite interior for this car is da best! Some tint and it should look darker than it actually is with the graphite interior.

My second choice would have been white with graphite interior. Cuz it looks so damn nice, but my last car was white and I needed a change.

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 04-21-2004, 02:38 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

More and more pics i see the greater it looks - i am upset i havent seen one on the road yet - being that its so hard to keep clean has anyone put a 3M clear bra on the TB? and if so anyone have pics?

Old 04-21-2004, 06:53 PM

I got something called Clear Shield (bascially same thing though) on mine. You can only see it at some angles and really up close. Doesn't look at bad as people say it does on dark color cars. I washed/polished/waxed (NXTed) my car last night and was going to take a picture today and send it to you, but over night, pollen and tree sap got all over it and the picture wouldn't do the car justice. Like everyone said, it's really hell to keep this thing clean. I'm like venting right now how long it took me to clean it, and like 12 hours later, it turned yellow... I'm sure in the summer then the pollen stops, the car will look great for a long time.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:57 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

lol i appreciate the thought tho - yea soon as this pollen garbage is over im sure ur ride will look sweet all day. My friend has a 2004 IP for about 2 weeks now - and its gorgeous and i know it always looks good - but i dont know if i want that...it never looks clean always looks the same - i dunno this is a very hard choice lol

Old 04-21-2004, 08:29 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

More and more pics i see the greater it looks - i am upset i havent seen one on the road yet - being that its so hard to keep clean has anyone put a 3M clear bra on the TB? and if so anyone have pics?

<hr></blockquote>Mine has the clearbra on the front. I tried to capture it in the pictures I posted earlier in this thread but it doesn't really show up that well...

04, TB/W, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Z-tube/ZWT, etc...

Old 04-21-2004, 11:48 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

cool - do u have 3M film or the LLUMAR that i read about people putting on? only asking because of the "3M Orange Peel Look" talk that is going on on the board and just wondering if you have 3M how you think it looks on the car and if its noticeable...i just looked back at your pics that you posted and i dont see it so i guess thats a good thing lol! - Thank you so much again for responding everyone!

Old 04-22-2004, 12:19 AM

It's 3M film. If you really are TRYING to see the "orange peel" effect you can but usually nobody ever notices the film let alone the orange peel. I'm very happy with it.

Based on the recommendation of other forum members, I got it installed at the dealership before I ever drove it off the lot. Now, (with almost 15k miles on the car) I still don't have my first ding or paint chip (knock on wood).

Obviously, nothing's perfect but I still think it's the best option available...

Old 04-22-2004, 12:27 AM
G-Squad DJ =)

thats awesome! does the clear bra cover the corner markers? if so if you want to put clear ones how do u go about doing it after the clear bra was installed? or should you do it prior to installation?

Old 04-22-2004, 12:43 AM

Hey guys,
Great thread, I'm wondering though...I understand that TB is very difficult to keep clean and it's as hard to keep clean as black...But do you feel it will show swirl marks and other small imperfections with time as badly as black does??? Or is it possible that the metallic in the paint will hide some of the swirl marks and other things? Let me know your opinions thanks...O and bye the way I'm between Ivory Pearl, TB, and Black...And at this rate I may never choose...Help

Old 04-22-2004, 07:00 AM

There are VERY few Twilight Blue G's in BK, I saw one on Ocean Pkway like 2 months ago and thats it. Twillight blue is def a hot color but if you wanna break necks you need a red one

Old 04-22-2004, 10:46 AM
G-Squad DJ =)

right now im between IP LR and TB - IP i still love even though a good friend has it at school. LR at friend from the neighborhood has but that doesnt matter much - im actually catching flack from my parents for the red saying "cops will bother you, its a girls color...bla bla bla". So my next choice was TB thats why i started this thread, to get more point of views on TB, in BK i havent seen one yet, i guess thats a cool thing so i may go with that but im still hung up on LR and IP ahhh lol dunno wat to do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twilight Blue?!?!?