G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Twilight Blue?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 01:35 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twilight Blue?!?!?

Well let me start by saying THANKS to all of you that post here for giving me so much helpful info on the G35C...i am in the market for a Coupe and my biggest problem, aside from getting out of my current lease early, is what color to get.
I went to the dealership, and saw the Twilight Blue, and i saw it at the NY Auto Show also. I began to actually fall in love with the color for many reasons. One is that it looks blue yet black at certain times, two I have yet to see one on the road, and three it looks elegant and sporty at the same time.
My original choice was White, but I’ve seen so many of them on the road and I just sort of lost interest in it.

Anyway, what I want to do with this thread is to see if you guys can give your opinions on Twilight Blue. What you like about it what you don’t like about it. Also, for you TB owners out there, post some pictures please to help me to further love this color. Once I do get the car I am going to put an aftermarket spoiler on it, either data systems, gialla, or the impul lip. I will most likely put some aftermarket wheels as well. So, if anyone has pictures of twilight blue with mods or without mods please post some to help me make my decision solid.

Likewise, if there is anything anyone totally dislikes about this color please comment as well.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Old 04-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Re: Twilight Blue?!?!?

It was my second choice once I saw it...close to black but changes in the light. Real cool color, tough choice...

2004 G35C 6MT + Nav, Silverstone

Old 04-18-2004, 02:31 PM

Yeah, I was in the same boat as you about 2 months ago. I was looking to get White, but I actually got TB instead. I love the color, but more importantly, I love the car!
Anyways, TB is a great color. It's pretty rare, (IMO) plus the color didn't come out till 2004, so people (who know G's) knows your car is newer than the 2003 (if that makes any difference).
The negative thing about the color... POLLEN SHOWS UP LIKE NO OTHER. I washed my car one day, 2 hours later, you could see pollen everywhere on the car. I can't wait till the summer when the pollen stops.
Hope that helped

Old 04-18-2004, 02:32 PM

This was my original choice 10 months ago. Then I saw it in the showroom and outside in the sunlight and at certain angles I thought it looked purple. I did not want a purple car. The first time someone were to ask me, "Is that purple?", I have a good feeling I would suffer for a slight case of buyers remorse. It was then that I asked the dealer to put a black next to a diamond graphite, desert platinum, and brilliant silver.

I ordered my diamond graphite on March 14th. They say it will be here by May 3. We will see.

Anyways, pick the color that looks the way you want it to look, all the time. I didn't really notice the purple tintish look until I saw it under sunset and in the showroom. So make sure to get a look at it under different lighting conditions, as it may be a helping factor in the end.

-Chris

Old 04-18-2004, 02:52 PM

The white is very nice. I was deciding between the two colors myself. I only went with the TB because it was a novelty at the time. Now they're everywhere. I was behind a brand new one on the freeway yesterday and someone at my job has a TB sedan.

However, to my knowledge, no one has ever mistaken the car for purple.

If you want to see some pics click on my signature below...

04, TB/W, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Z-tube/ZWT, etc...

Old 04-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Old 04-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Old 04-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Old 04-18-2004, 04:12 PM

I wouldn't say it looking purple is a mistake. At certain angles, it appears a shade of purple, at least to myself, and 2 different salesmen.

-Chris

Old 04-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twilight Blue is a really nice color and i love it. It looks really good and i get compliments on the color all the time. Also, it isn't a common G color.

Old 04-18-2004, 06:59 PM

I'll pick it over the black. Just as hard to maintain but more interesting as it change color depending on light conditions.

04 G35c 6MT Ivory/Graphite
HRE 448R 19x8.5,19x10 full polish/clear coated
Gallery of My Babies

Old 04-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres two pics of my car

Old 04-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You made an good choice.....Its a very nice color indeed
When I ordered my car back in July 03, I asked if they had any color changes in the 04 models. My dealer told me only they were adding a blue color....no real description of the color, just that it would be blue......

When my car arrived and I went to pick it up, they had a Twilight Blue car on the lot and I was shocked how nice a color it turned out to be!.....I was a little pissed....but I definitely no longer have the time to maintain a black/blue car....
especially since I park my car outside.....

I am happy I got the ivory pearl, its a lot easier to maintain, but when I see a black, red or Twilight Blue coupe.....oh it makes me want one real bad.....enj[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]y

04 cpe IP/willow/5at/prem/18's/JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 04-18-2004, 07:48 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

decisions decisions lol...
two of my friends just purchased G's also. One got white one got laser red....laser red is gorgeous but i've gotten the usual "red is a girls color" from family members. But screw them lol but the color choice is my hardest decision ever lol
TB is really looking up, keep posting pics if you guys can!
White is probably up there in my choice category too (although my friend has it) and Diamond Graphite is sick too...ughhhhh lol decisionssss suck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twilight Blue?!?!?