G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Early Lease Termination Questions...!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:40 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Lease Termination Questions...!!

I almost have 6 months left on my current lease. Actually end June/Beg. July is the 6 month point, which in turn is also the time when my warranty comes to an end. I have a 2001 Nissan Altima GLE as soon as i can get rid of it i am buying/leasing a g35coupe. I really do not want to extend warranty - i was an idiot when i started my lease i made it for 42 months - very stupid since my warranty well Nissans warranty is only 36 months/36,000mi...I really want to end my lease early - if i end at the 6 month period my bank told me that all i have to do is pay the 6 month balance, which is 6 months times my monthly (250ish)....give or take 1500
Basically i want to know if there is anyway around this extra 1500 dollar expense i would have to incurr if i ended my lease early. I guess its not a bad trade off i mean ill be paying 1500 more for what is already approx. 35,000 so i guess the 1500 isnt that big a deal but i'd like to save it if i can, so if anyone knows a way please let me know

Old 04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Re: Early Lease Termination Questions...!!

Lets say the car gets stolen....then found burnt in the woods somewhere....... LOL JK!!!!!!!! I don't know too much about leases...good luck.

OG 03.5

Old 04-20-2004, 05:32 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

Lmao

Old 04-20-2004, 06:03 PM

tade it into you dealer and see if they can help with the cost? Some will suck up the difference because you are buying the car from them. Shop around. There are alot of G's out there for sale.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Premier Member

Actually, there is a lesser cost with early lease termination. Your lease pay off will not be six months of payments, but should be around $1100 . They pro-rate the deperiation of the car.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:46 PM

with some luck you can tade this against the G, and hope the dealer will absorb it - but there are no free lunches so you will lose out on a better price for the G. At the end of the day youll pay it somehow!!!.

Old 04-20-2004, 11:33 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

lol yep thats wat i figured. But i guess an extra 1000 to 1500 is worth it for a G35 coupe in the long run. I would just tuck my tail btwn my legs and wait till my lease is over which is December, but who wants to get a brand new car in the middle of winter in NYC? lol not me its just a waste of having a new car in my eyes. We shall see what happens, thanks for posting everyone!

Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 PM

I got my last two cars on 22 Dec, my lease keeps on expiring at that time, and you know what its great - sales are slow, so pricing is a bit better - and you get Dec,Jan, Feb, March to run the car in and be ready to rock and roll for summer.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:12 AM
G-Squad DJ =)

thats actually a good way to think of it...hmmm lol and the 05's will be out by then as well - but damnnnn december is far from now lmao - well either way i know that a g35 coupe is in my future whether it is sooner or later i guess doesnt matter much right - good things come to those who wait

Old 04-21-2004, 12:18 AM

A final word on the subject before bed. Good things come to those who wait! and secondly sometimes the hunt is more fun than the actual event. So why not enjoy the vision, the shopping, the reading, the dreaming..........

Old 04-21-2004, 12:37 AM
G-Squad DJ =)

ColinR-
You are very true - i am having so much fun contemplating which color to get and which aftermarket spoiler and getting clearbra prices - after its over its kinda boring lol - so in conclusion i guess your right i should just let things flow and enjoy the dreaming...

Old 04-21-2004, 12:38 AM
G-Squad DJ =)

"You are very true" wat the hell is that? lol thats what happens when its 1am i guess lol

Old 04-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Banned

If your lease is thru Nissan-Infiniti lease finance - they do not negotiate at the end of a lease. If it is thru Chase or another bank talk to the Infiniti dealer and they may be able work something out -especially if you are going to lease the G.

<font color=blue>04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
Rear SG, Clear Corners
V1
<font color=red>Long Island, New York, USA</font color=red>
</font color=blue>

Old 04-21-2004, 10:50 AM

I ended up getting my G at the end of December '02 when my lease (on a '00 Altima GLE of all things) was up in February. I had LOTS of miles left on the Altima, so I drove it a lot of places while babying the G. I wanted to get one in October, but it really does end up that you'll have to pay close to the amount of the leftover time with the lease -- there are penalties that could be in there, so don't cound on a pro-rate that works too much in your favour.

If you had an '02 Altima, you probably could try to trade it in and see if the value was close to the lease-end payoff + rest of the payments. However, an '01 Altima probably has a residual on the lease of ~10-11k, and you won't get anywhere close to that from a dealership. The '02 new model just killed the already poor resale of that model of Altima. I couldn't get anything close with my '00 Altima GLE -- and it only had 15,000 miles on it! I gave it another 1,000 the last month after I got my G, but someone got a VERY good car (and at a bargain price, too!).

I know it's hard to wait (it was agonizing for me), but you'll come closer to getting a better deal near the end of the year (especially on an '04 instead of '05). I also didn't want to be out of warranty (Mitsubishi problems galore after 36k miles in '99), but I'm fairly confident in the Altima's reliability versus my old Mitsu. Hopefully, you're under the miles, too... It's like looking at a present you can't open just yet -- but at least you can build rapport with your Infiniti dealer (and shop the dealers around if you find something that bothers you).

!!Jonason!!

Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)

A word to the wise (I lease all the time); never lease a car longer than its warranty. It just isn't the safest thing to do. The other people are right in that you will pay for it somewhere/somehow. There are always a lot of fees for terminating a lease early.

Here is a site for car leasing: http://www.carbuyingtips.com/lease.h...40x43x40x40x40

Good luck.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium
Philadelphia, PA

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Early Lease Termination Questions...!!