G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anybody ever have problems with VALET?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2004 | 11:20 AM
Re: Anybody ever have problems with VALET?

I agree with ColinR, I can't stand it when people disrespect cars, especially mine. Personally i can't stand the passengers i have in my G. Un-neccessarily slamming the doors, slamming the trunk. I can't stand it when i have to bring in two or more passengers, when somebdy has to sit in the back. The front bucket seats move forward automatically, and i don't know what people are thinking but they still push the seat forward pretty agressively, as if the seat isn't moving up fast enough for them. One dude pushed the seat so hard it sounded like he was gonna break the enitre mechanism. Man i bitched him out hard. And then he's looking at me like i'm overreacting.

People don't respect other peoples [censored].

Old 04-21-2004 | 11:57 AM

damn i feel your pain man, i go to the city almost every weekend and more often than not, i bring the G...if i don't find an end space parking spot on the street, i go to a parking lot...try to find a lot where you can park your own car (the outdoor ones are where i park, and if the valet has to park it, at least you can watch them park it)...I hawk my car everytime its being parked, i guess if they know yer watching they'll be more careful...look at the odometer and repeat it aloud to yerself right in front of the attendant so he knows you know wat miles are on yer car...when u get yer car back, do a careful inspection...its nearly impossible to dispute damages to your car since every lot in the city has it in fine print somewhere hidden among the hundreds of papers hanging around the cashier "Not responsible for damages or theft to your vehicle"...aint dat something? i paid 40 bucks to park my navigator that we just got and the truck was returned with a huge nick in the rear bumper...i argued with the guys, they said it was there b4, all in all i ended up decking this dude...its not like they were gonna fix it anyways, at least i got to deck someone....two weeks ago i went to dinner at the southstreet seaport (Cabana's has D bomb cuban food and fine *** women there) and paid $22 to park for 2 hours, the plus was that there were few cars parked in the lot, and i could park anywhere i wanted to, so i took up a generous amount of space between a support beam and a newly detailed S-class with about 5 feet in between us...sure it was $22, but it was well worth it to know that my car was safe, i can't fully enjoy my dinner if i'm thinking about my car gettin messed up...anyways, i end up going to a lounge right after dinner, and to my luck i find an end-spot parking spot a block away, in a nice quiet residential part of NYC...this spot was at the front of the pack and had a crosswalk in front of me, so no one could park there, so i parked there...the problem was that the parking spots were so huge that you could almost fit 2 cars per meter, so i carefully adjusted my car so that no one could park in front or behind me to squeeze in...so, i go party for a few hours and come back to find some d!**head from NJ parked in front of me, so his truck's rear tire was next to the meter, and get this, he was literally 1cm away from my front bumper. i flipped out, backed my car up to see if he even grazed my front bumper, to my surprise he didn't(lucky for him, i would have destroyed his truck). wat an idiot, he squeezed between the crosswalk and my car neglecting the fact that there are parking meters...so i left him a note saying "Lucky for you you didn't hit my car, there are meters here for a reason a**hole...watch where you park next time dumbass!"...back to the point at hand, no matter how hard you try to avoid something happening to your G, its bound to happen sooner or later, i just hope that it doesnt happen in the hands of some dummies at a valet or some dummy who doesnt know how to parallel park...

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick

Old 04-21-2004 | 12:47 PM

Never valet and if you do you should know what to expect from some min. wage jerk and not complain about it cause you brought it upon yourself.

03 6mt black/black

Old 04-21-2004 | 07:41 PM

My friend used to be a valet for a really nice hotel and he'd take porsches out all the time, it's just something they all do when it's a nice car.... Stalling it though, I've never heard of that one, kinda bad when a valet can't drive stick. As pissed off as it makes you, that's just what's gonna happen. If you think your dealer treats it any better your kidding yourself too, not to mention the people who test drove your car prior to you buying it.

I'll keep valeting (you just have to sometimes), that is until they start smoking in them. That's when I'll start walking from garages.

Old 04-21-2004 | 10:28 PM

i tell them i'll park it myself but still tip them.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 04-22-2004 | 07:23 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Or if they won't let you park it, just sit yourself in the passenger seat and go park with him.

<font color=orange>Atco Meet</font color=orange>

Old 04-22-2004 | 11:25 AM

Never trust valets. My friend and I went out clubbing about a month ago. The valets stole his brand new glock out of the LOCKED glovebox. To make matters worse he's an air marshall. He questioned all the stupid kids valeting, two were unlicensed and two were here in this country illegally. Everybody denied everything. Needless to say the owner of that company now has the FBI checking him and all of his employees out. NEVER TRUST VALETS !!!

Old 04-22-2004 | 11:34 AM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)

Ummmm, the valet should know how to drive stick and respect your car. I would be furious at them.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium
Philadelphia, PA

Old 04-22-2004 | 12:53 PM

You friends not too smart leaving a Glock in a locked or not glove box pretty stupid for someone in law enforcment.

03 6mt black/black
Z-tube PopCharger

Old 04-22-2004 | 01:15 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

no problems here

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Old 04-22-2004 | 01:52 PM

I agree. Funny, I said the same thing. According to him he's on call almost 24 hours a day when on duty or on standby. He said he must be able to have access to a firearm fast if he needs to get to the airport to cover for another marshall. Can't bring it into a club, unless you're working there or at a call.