G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I Am Desperate For Opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Am Desperate For Opinions!!!

OK I need as many opinions and ideas as I can get. Here is my situation. My local import shop has always been awesome when it comes to ordering performance parts. They have been able to get me whatever I want and get it to me quickly and I have been very happy but right now I am having some problems with them and I don't know what to do. I went to my shop about two and a half weeks ago and I told him that I needed exhaust, intake and springs for my Coupe. After researching for a few days he got back to me and told me that he could order the B&B Exhaust for 950 and he could get me the Injen intake but he didnt give me a price. He told me this past Saturday (3/1) that he spoke to his big importer and the first intake they recieved we would get shipped to us right away. I have spoken to him the past few days and he has decied to tell me that the B&B is good but Greddy is releasing an exhaust sometime next week. I immediately called and wrote Greddy and also called some other import shops throughout the country. ALL of them told me they knew nothing about a Greddy exhaust coming out real soon including Greddy themselves. I keep calling my guy and harassing him about what is going on with at the least my intake. He keeps telling me "Oh I have a shipment coming in and it may be in that shipment." But he is not giving me any definites. I have looked online and spoken to a ton of people and they can all get me my Injen intake shipped almost immediately and they can get me the B&B Exhaust shipped right away also. My problem is that my import guy if he does get me my stuff will also install it for free, whereif I order it online I will need to bring it to someone to get it done and probably pay and arm and a leg. This guy is a friend of mine also and I do not want to seem like an idiot to him. What does everyone think I should do. Should I wait it out till after the weekend and speak to him on Monday or Tuesday about everything. Should I wait to see if indeed Greddy is coming out with an exhaust or should I just get the B&B. Should I give this guy another week or should i just order everything online and tell him to go forget it and it has been nice doing business with him. Thanks a lot guys.

Old 03-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I Am Desperate For Opinions!!!

Honestly man I would wait for a while on all the parts. There is a develoment curve for most marketable products which includes sometime of scarcity once available on the market. Most manufacturers regardless of what they say about testing will rely on people using the product just after it comes out. During this process of "virginity" the product is actually tested and exposed to many conditions by the consumer that could never be simulated by the manufacturer. That's why I always wait till a product has been out for a while. In fact when I bought my coupe it was the first time I have ever bought a newly developed vehicle. My opinion and that of some others I have seen on this board is that if you are patient the market will soon be flooded with all types of after market products for this vehicle. It just takes time since the vehicle is so new. I can't even get infiniti parts for my car very easily yet since it is so new. Also if you wait you will most likely get a better product. The longer a product is out the more competition from other manufacturer's will rise. This competition will guarentee a better product at a lower price. Time is the key my friend, I know it's hard. Trust me I have been researching a Twin turbo setup for my G since I bought it. Good luck to in your search and may I also suggest you look at the NISMO exhaust system and if you wait a little I think that K & N will have a CAI system available soon that my perform a little more reliabley than the Injen. Just a thought. Peace.

Jason
Laser Red 03' Prem/Aero/6MT/SnRf

Old 03-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: I Am Desperate For Opinions!!!

Good call man. I appreciate the advice. It is very difficult waiting but with winter ebing here in NY and all that may be the way to go. I think the principle of of my guy kind of BS'ing me a little bit in regards to the Greddy Exhaust and making me wait for my other stuff is what really has me upset. I think I will go to him tomorrow and say heylisten. If I don't have prices today and the order on it's way then I am ordering online. If he doesn't go for it then I will just make some quick phone calls and I will have my stuff ordered.