G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

buying G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buying G35 coupe

Hi! I am currently driving An auto Audi a4 1.8T....and the transmission is worse than crap (the timing belt is cracking and i am sure I have to replace the Trans Fluid ,but dealer is giving me a hard time) .Now this car has always been good with me....The AWD, the turbo, great torque......

...Anyway I am planning on buying a used manual G35 Coupe....So I was hoping I could I get some advice 1) Where I can search for a good deal 2) I never bought a stick car so advice what to look for to see if it is damaged or whatever 3) any personal advice in what would be the best performance piece 4) any personal advice in a body part which you find good looking 5) will it be a big difference from going from a v4, a turbo, and an awd to a high perfomance v6 rwd .....THANK YOU!!!!!
p.s. just answer what number you are answering before writing the answer...DOMO

Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by audialltheway
Hi! I am currently driving An auto Audi a4 1.8T....and the transmission is worse than crap (the timing belt is cracking and i am sure I have to replace the Trans Fluid ,but dealer is giving me a hard time) .Now this car has always been good with me....The AWD, the turbo, great torque......

...Anyway I am planning on buying a used manual G35 Coupe....So I was hoping I could I get some advice 1) Where I can search for a good deal 2) I never bought a stick car so advice what to look for to see if it is damaged or whatever 3) any personal advice in what would be the best performance piece 4) any personal advice in a body part which you find good looking 5) will it be a big difference from going from a v4, a turbo, and an awd to a high perfomance v6 rwd .....THANK YOU!!!!!
1) Autotrader, cars.com. DO NOT DISMISS LISTING WITH NO PICTURES...(This is how I found the best deal ever on my G.)

2) To see if the clutch is going bad make sure to put the car in 5th or 6th while standing still then try to get the car to take off. If it stalls, you are good for couple thousand more miles or more. If it doesn't stall then your clutch needs to be replaced soon.

3) Do some research and.. if you're planning to stay N/A... get new rear end gears. I went 4.083 Final Drive gears. The car grows some serious ***** with them.

4) I like the 03-05 rear wing. I think it's the best looking/aggressive wing you can have for the G35.

5) Yes, quite a difference in different aspects. One, the power delivery for a N/A car is much different than a turbo. The VQ engines have a linear power delivery (Meaning we love to be revved up and what not). You might miss the instant-torque that the turbo audi's give but once you learn to drive a N/A car, you'll be fine.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by audialltheway

Everything Lolly said.

Just have it turbo'd if you decide you want more power later.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
G35 Purchase....!

1) There's lots of places to find a G35 but keep in mind we have them for sale
right here on Driver under Marketplace. I feel most members would have
taken better care of there cars since the have all our information available.
If you lifted my hood you'd think my car never left it's garage plus the low
mileage is an important factor.
2) If you've never driven a stick before rent one for the day and learn on
the rental rather than messing up your new ride. No two stick cars feel the
same so just concentrate on clutch/gas engagement.
3) Performance, forced induction is the best but if you want to stay NA
the intake, spacer and exhaust will give you the most rwhp.
4) Body mods....hmmm. That depends on your taste so you'll need to attend G35/350Z meets to find out what you like best. You can also look
thru our Gallery to begin your quest.
5) Our G35s love to be revved and the torq comes from the rear wheels
which you'll learn to enjoy better than fwd.

Good Luck finding a pristine G....no you can't buy mine!
Gary

Old 06-23-2008, 01:20 AM
haha thank u every1! lol u can get a stick at a rental? haha i didn't know that....haha any rental car place?