G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My very first kill :) A4 2.7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My very first kill :) A4 2.7

You must not be reading my posts very carefully. I've listed comporable costing vehicles that I do not consider POS; thus accusing me of making I'm "better than you" comments are not valid....nor have I even come close to making any comments like that for any other reason. I've enumerated my reasons very clearly and provided some analogies as to WHY I think the Saturn is a POS. The first time I referred to it was because it reall was a POS. It was a torn apart hoopdie.

I'm certainly not ignorant, as I'm quite knowledgeable about the product lines I've mentioned, their features, prices, etc. So maybe that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

You're a flame because your name calling (flat out calling me ignorant) and because you've continued to miss my point and hammer home your assertion that I'm ignorant and that I'm ******* cars that arent' as expensive as mine, which couldn't be further from the truth; My opinion is the Saturn is a POS (in my opinion, you're entitled to yours) because it is a genius marketing phenomenon and a bad value relative to other cars in it's price range.

The REASON I think it's a POS is important here, and you're not listening. If I said it is a POS because it does not cost that much money, then everything you're flaming me about would be true. But I DIDN'T say that, so your counterpoint is inaccurate and moot. And just because something is "on the market" does not mean it's not a POS, according to my definition of POS, which I've taken the time to define, in several posts, in several different ways.

I think you've made a "questionable cause" fallacy here, and I attempted to clarify, but you keep sticking with it. I don't know how else to state my reasoning. I can't make you understand and I can't make you not fall into fallacious trains of thought. I'm not here to make enemies or get into pissing contests, merely share my experiences, knowledge when I have it, and opinions when I feel they add value or catharsis. If you don't agree then great, but don't mischaracterize what my point was or what my reasoning was, and you certainly don't need to call me names.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...ble-cause.html
(here's what you're doing)

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but chin spoiler/Z Tube-Popcharger/Crawford V5 Plenum on the way

Old 04-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Premier Member

I'll say it again..Saturn cars are POS. Now flame me someone and I'll have no choice tbut to buy you a Saturn and make you drive that POS as punishment.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:20 PM

"seems to me like you have a little grudge on me, since you dare not reply to anyone elses comments regarding your ignorance.haha"

No one else is name calling. They are stating their opinions respectfully and not fixating on a phantom assertion (better stated, the reason behind the assertion) that I never made.

It's not a grudge dude, but I do feel compelled to speak up and clarify my position when it's being distorted.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but chin spoiler/Z Tube-Popcharger/Crawford V5 Plenum on the way

Old 04-27-2004, 12:46 PM

I said that you are ignorant because of the way you made saturns look when you have probably never even drove or been in one in your life. NO one ever doubted that fact that any of those cars you have stated are not pos cars, so why do you keep on bringing it up. Our "debate" is about the fact that you judge saturns complete line of cars when you have no personal experience with them other than the fact that you saw a rundown beat up saturn on the road. I've seen many beat up civics, corolas...etc on the road, but i don't jump to calling them pos.

Maybe those ppl driving beat up saturns would rather invest in a house with the extra 20k. A home is a much better investment than a car.

remember that you are driving a 36k Infiniti, not a 250k Bentley. Its not about the car you drive, but the person in it. Remember that.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:47 PM

this debate is going nowhere. Get in your lasts words and i'll be the "infant" that i am and end it at that.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:49 PM

Thank you sensai, I'll try to remember that.

-Grasshopper

Old 04-27-2004, 01:02 PM

Saturn has made a profit in only 1 year. They will be the next GM brand to be phased out, because they are POS. Dealers are not everything, product counts.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:53 PM

For all the Saturn Lovers in this thread: Go find a used Saturn with over 70k miles on it, drive it and tell me its not a POS. Pricing is irrelevant as there are plenty of cars priced more than the Saturn and in some cases more than the g that are POS's as well.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:55 PM

i personally still driving a saturn after 9 years, still haven't broken down on me ever. if u really mean it being a saturn is POS...then u should really come up with some specs..there's nothing cheaper than a saturn with more room, more power, more options...civic is same size..less option..more expensive..less power...so u really gotta back something up...and on top of that...when u buy a car, u also buying the service...the price on a saturn can be cheap...but the customer service is the best for many many years with alot of awards..some other dealers can learn something from it...

Old 04-27-2004, 04:04 PM

and for your information...after my 9 years of driving it..and i have 2 other cars...my car has 74K miles on it after driving it today...ya..it only had 100hp..i also got it for around 10K 9 years ago...civic back then was 15K...that's a 50% difference...so for you all g35 lovers out there...u are comparing your car to a M3...suck it up man...i dun think u want the m3 drivers think that your car is a POS either right? all cars that has been sold on the street has its own purpose...thats all i am trying to say...

Old 04-27-2004, 04:22 PM

Great descriptive story! I love when people provide details and make you feel like you're there. Ilove the match part my *** and your face. Too funny!

Thanks for the entertaining story!

Dknibb

Old 04-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Premier Member

If you take the word "Saturn", remove some letters and add some different ones, it spells "POS". I actually like saturns, they remind me of how fortunate I am not too own one.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:51 PM

if u take the word "britishbloke", remove some letters and add a c, it spells "BITCH". i actually like BITCHES, they remind me how fortunate i am not one.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:22 PM

man...who's funny now?..ha...ha...ha.....

Old 04-27-2004, 08:55 PM

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST LOVE ONE ANOTHER????

2004 G35C 6MT + Nav, Silverstone

239864-999ouch999.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My very first kill :) A4 2.7