G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bence8810
By the way, the breaks are not surprisingly good. Is it normal? I never drove another G35 yet, and its 2005 which means no Brembo's anymore. It does stop great, just like any other car would, but I was expecting something special there, like it is with acceleration.

There is quite a bit of road noise coming in. Is it normal? Roads in Dubai are exceptionally good, yet I still hear a lot of noise. The threads are still very good on the wheels, I would say 80%.

To get in to the back is a pain in the ***, or I just dont have the routine how to do it fast? First, I pull the lever to drop the seat-back, then I press the small button to slide the seat front all the way, which takes like 20 seconds. I am 6,4", so the seat is all the way back usually.

Also on the passenger side, the little button doesnt work which is supposed to move the seat front. Is it hard to fix?

There is a light on the center dash console that Passenger air bag is off. How do I turn it on?
Congrats on your purchase, you'll love the car. The breaks aren't anything overly spectacular on mine either imo (6MT, '05 coupe)... always feel like they could be better even for stock. That being said, they've yet to let me down...

Road noise is pretty typical, my car gets a ton of it from the sunroof and wind leaking through the poor seal on the door windows (mostly because there is no door frame to properly secure it). Also, my car is lowered with ZR tires and not so straight of an alignment so that's not helping the cause...

The little button times out after a few minutes of the ignition being off... way to quick IMO. And if you use it... go int the store and come back and expect it to go back... it won't... have to manually move it back with the normal slider switch. Horrible design IMO... Don't know if anyone has some mods or fixes for that, but I'd love to hear it as well.

The passanger airbag turns on/off by a pressure sensor. If someone is in the seat, weighs enough (I believe it's like 60lbs or such?) and sitting correctly (as in not on the very edge up front or such)... it'll turn on automatically. Otherwise it's defaulted off.

As for the power steering thing with drive/reverse... can't say as I have a 6MT.

Again, congrats on the ride and enjoy her!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Congrats on your purchase, you'll love the car. The breaks aren't anything overly spectacular on mine either imo (6MT, '05 coupe)... always feel like they could be better even for stock. That being said, they've yet to let me down...

Road noise is pretty typical, my car gets a ton of it from the sunroof and wind leaking through the poor seal on the door windows (mostly because there is no door frame to properly secure it). Also, my car is lowered with ZR tires and not so straight of an alignment so that's not helping the cause...

The little button times out after a few minutes of the ignition being off... way to quick IMO. And if you use it... go int the store and come back and expect it to go back... it won't... have to manually move it back with the normal slider switch. Horrible design IMO... Don't know if anyone has some mods or fixes for that, but I'd love to hear it as well.

The passanger airbag turns on/off by a pressure sensor. If someone is in the seat, weighs enough (I believe it's like 60lbs or such?) and sitting correctly (as in not on the very edge up front or such)... it'll turn on automatically. Otherwise it's defaulted off.

As for the power steering thing with drive/reverse... can't say as I have a 6MT.

Again, congrats on the ride and enjoy her!
I see, thanks. So this seat issue is a real issue, specially if you have a kid or a lot of bags.
I know this is not the typical family car, but at least they could have made the seat go back automatiocally, or otherwise add some option for manual override.

The car is very impressive otherwise. It puts a smile on my face just by driving it around town.

The AC is not very strong as I noticed today. The weather here is extremely hot these days, today it was 47Celsius, I dont even know what that is in F's. Its really crazy, and I dont blame any car overheating or not blowing cold enough air, but since I had a Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6L rental car, and it was freezing my bones in the very same weather, I guess the my AC in the G35 could use some fine tuning. Does the gas escape from time to time, or could it be a problem of the compressor?

Another thing I noticed is the water temp gauge. It starts in the C (cold) at morning time, and gradually goes up to 1/4th of the scale, closer to C than H. However, no matter how long time I stand in traffic while blowing the AC and having 47C outside, the temp gauge does not move. Could this be a faulty gauge, or is this really how smart the G35 handles heat? Always keeps the temp at the same level?

Thanks, Cheers,

Ben

Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I live in Florida and my temp also never goes above half way. I think most Gs work like that. You probably just need to add a small amount of freon to the AC to get it cold again and I would get the dealer to check it for leaks. In the service manual, it states what temperature the AC should be.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I live in Phoenix, AZ (desert) and 47C is pretty much the summer average, up through about 50C... Sometimes it seems like the A/C doesn't work very well to me also... however now that I have my garage cleaned out and leave it in there all the the time, the thing is throwing ice cubes in my face. Seriously it's almost annoyingly cold. Then again, I do have all black leather/interior so it retains heat pretty bad. However, if you're keeping it shaded and it's still not getting that cold, there probably is a leak somewhere in the system. Push to get that fixed under the warranty.

Temp gauge... mine gets about 1/3 above the cold setting. However, the general regard I give to stock gauges is "on/off" gauges. Usually they're not very accurate and only give you a general clue if your system is working or not.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
My sport edition has the spoiler

Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM
+1 for the spoiler... completes the look imo. Doesn't do much for handling for me as the most i've really gone is about 190kph.

Also... deff need to get your new ride tinted as legally dark as possible... Would also help out with making the A/C feel a bit colder too

Old 07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
The little button times out after a few minutes of the ignition being off... way to quick IMO.
Yes, you were right about the button, it does work just fine. I also noticed that when pulling the seat front via the button, then pressing the button again, it goes back to the same place it was at, and I only need to stand the seat back upright.

Suzuk1girl, in the Middle East there was only one version, no sport package etc, so I am unsure how mine ended up being without a wing However, it has lots of extras, Bose Stereo, rear sensor for reversing, and I believe everything else other than navi. At that time, there were no maps for the Middle East.

If I were to install a nicer Air Filter, what is the brand to take? K&N? I hope I can find it here. Can I mount it by myself?

I took a picture of the gauge showing the max temp I get while driving the car in the desert heat. Isnt this too low? I never had a car showing temps this low in summertime.

Thanks for all help,

Ben

Attached Thumbnails Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?-photo.jpg  
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah that does seem a bit low not that I see the pic. Mine is more toward the middle. Do you know how to check the thermostat? Is it the same thermostat as the US speced cars? I know there is a nismo thermostat that opens at a lower temp so that the engine stays cooler.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Does look low, then again like I said those gauges area all but useless... Wouldn't hurt to turn it in under warranty and have it inspected for piece of mind. If they don't find anything and it still bugs you, invest in buying a autometer temp gauge to find out exactly where it's running :P As long as your T-stat is working and you're full of the right fluids... should be cooling just fine. Car's really too new to have the water pump fail though it's not *impossible*

Old 07-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I will take the car to Nissan to have it inspected, as I dont really like to have a flaw even if it means nothing.

Just yesterday, I looked in the trunk, and found a full size wheel there with all the other necessary equipment to change it, etc. Also, I can see that by removing the wheel, I can make the trunk larger, as there are spacers between the side panels and the wheel. Is that a common practice people do to enlarge their trunks, or usually leave it the way it is?

As for tinting, there is a 30% tint allowed here on side and rear windows. Which foil maker should I go with keeping in mind the crazy sun and heat here? People often suggest V-Kool, but I am not sure how good that is, and it seems at least 100% overpriced comapre to 3M etc. And also I heard that V-Kool fades reception away on GPS and mobile phones....

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited by bence8810; 07-17-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Not sure what other people are doing... myself I'm eventually probably going to remove the spare (donut that wouldn't fit on my car now anyway) and put in a hidden sub with the stock full trunk space... nothing over the top but something to give some lows.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:48 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
z-tube and Fast Intentions high flow cats will get you that nice mean sound...

i like the 03-05 stock spoiler... not a good pic but you get what it looks like haha

Old 07-17-2008, 04:41 AM
If I get this stock spoiler, and have a body shop install it for me, is there a chance there will be leaks on the trunk? Not that Dubai is a rainy place, but I wouldnt like my trunk to be wet at any time.

Thanks

Ben

Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 AM
If it's properly installed and sealed with rubber garments or silicon... I see no reason it should leak. Mine doesn't for sure...

Old 07-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NyG35fL
What to do after you get a G35?

Birth. Pubity. G35. Marriage. Death.
lol

re-arrange Marriage then G35 ......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?