G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Just a quick update. My G is at the Infiniti / Nissan service center, getting the AC checked out as it didnt cool as much as it supposed to. While there, I asked them to check the temp gauge out, and a service technician came out quickly, and looked at the gauge. He said, Sir, this is perfectly normal on all Infinities. Well, this is the 2nd guy at the dealer ship who looks at it and says its normal. At this point, I want to find someone with a GCC Infiniti, and compare the outcome. My warranty is over in 3 weeks, and I dont want to end up paying for it later, when it could be fixed for free now.

I will pick the car up tomorrow evening, and hope to have the AC cool at max performance.

As for the TINT, I think I will go with the LLumar, as I have just found they have a Summer Special 50% off. We have used one LLumar products on our office windows, and although thats a different area, still the quality should be similar. We were pretty satisfied with LLumar that time.

They are going to apply a Seethrough foil on the wind shield, and 30% shade all around with 43-57% of heat rejection, and 99% UV rejection. I will get this installed on Saturday, and will post back with the results.

I also found the KnN air filter, and am debating now......... Is there extra power, or just simly a better sucktion sound under the hood?

Thanks,

Ben

Old 07-28-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi Guys,

I want to buy a touch-up paint for the car, but I dont know what colour my car is as per Nissan's list. Its Gold or champagne to me, but Nissan does not have it as an option.

http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=510

Can you please tell me at the above link, what my colour is? You can see a pic of the car here below.

I unfortunately scratched the front a little bit but it isnt as bad that I would take it to a shop so I thought of the touch up paint.

Meanwhile I got the car back from Nissan/Infiniti and the AC cools brilliant now. It throws ice cubes at me, like it was mentioned above Apparently, the Micro filter was clogged in the passenger compartment and cold air didnt make its way through 100%. I had that replaced, and they flushed the whole sysem and refilled it with new freon. I just wonder what they did with the old freon :|

I also had the windows tinted over the weekend with LLumar foil. ATR 35 on the sides and rear, and AV something for the front which is see through. So far so good, I am still keeping it out on the SUN for drying.

Thanks for the help

Ben

Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^
With your VIN any dealer should be able to tell you the color.

I don't know if the UAE colors are the same, but that's closest to Serengeti Sand IMO

Old 07-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
^^^
With your VIN any dealer should be able to tell you the color.

I don't know if the UAE colors are the same, but that's closest to Serengeti Sand IMO
You were right on the spot, its Serengeti Sand indeed, as per the dealer.

Now another thing worries me. Since I am getting the touch up paint for 10USD, and getting it shipped here for at least 50USD, I might as well buy something else to make shipping look less excessive compare to value I am thinking about this. Its a Pop charger with Z-tube

http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=114

Would this void my warranty? If not, will this be efficient even in the 50C heat of the desert?

Also they say that *Filter cleaner not included*. Where can I get that?

And lastly, if I do go ahead with a different intake tubing, would this be the best option? I could go for the Nismo cold intake, or something else from Stillen like the Hi-flow?

As for under-hood noise, will this give the nice kick to the sound that I had on other cars, or the Infiniti is way too well insulated, and I wont hear any difference?

Thanks a lot

Ben

Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 AM
All right, I had to order the touch up paint so I ordered a trunk net and clear corners so that my order would be larger. Later, if I do get some response on the Z-tube / other intakes question, I will put in another order.

Ben

Old 07-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sup man! Ive been brought up in Dubai and know it inside out

Lovely color man - serengeti (sp) sand I assume is the code.

I've got most answers to your q's man and know MANY people in Arabian Auto cuz I've got quite a bit of parts from Japan through them and plus my car is under warranty

Check your PM! I'll be glad to help a fellow G dubai owner!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by bence8810
Yes, you were right about the button, it does work just fine. I also noticed that when pulling the seat front via the button, then pressing the button again, it goes back to the same place it was at, and I only need to stand the seat back upright.

Suzuk1girl, in the Middle East there was only one version, no sport package etc, so I am unsure how mine ended up being without a wing However, it has lots of extras, Bose Stereo, rear sensor for reversing, and I believe everything else other than navi. At that time, there were no maps for the Middle East.

If I were to install a nicer Air Filter, what is the brand to take? K&N? I hope I can find it here. Can I mount it by myself?

I took a picture of the gauge showing the max temp I get while driving the car in the desert heat. Isnt this too low? I never had a car showing temps this low in summertime.

Thanks for all help,

Ben
Engine temp: That is normal. Trust me - I drive quite hard and its same as yours!

Tint: 3m all the way from HSV behind Lamcy!

Air filter: Dont worry about the sand. I have the ebay front grill which lets in more dust yet I have the carbon fiber z tube and jwt pop charger for almost two years with no issues. If you get a filter from abroad, pick up two - one as a spare!

FloormatS: Hmm weird - maybe the last owner spoilt them. You can get them from Arabian Automobiles spare parts for about 500 but I can get you a mean discount cuz I know them there

Touch up paint: Hold on this - try the Meguiars scratch x first if the area is not too big. If not, forget the touch up paint - it didnt help me much Ive got one big scratch and will wait to paint the car.

One big piece of advice - take your car to the Infiniti service in Deira and speak to either Venus, Steven or Milind. Best bet is Venus - tell him you were referred by Clint. This service area is the best in town!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
btw - I have my old Z tube if you want to try it out. But you need a filter for it.

meow! - > http://bulletproofautomotive.com/cat...il.php?ID=5620

Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With you dust and sand conditions I would think twice about a K&N. That thin cotton will let in a lot of wear particles. If you get your used oil analyzed it will probably show way high Silicon from the sand. You would have to re-oil the K&N every few months to keep it effective as the oil gradually evaporates and gets pulled into the engine. There are always lots of holes on every K&N until they get nice and dirty and then you don't get the airflow advantage. Just get a Purolator Pure One or factory air filter and replace it every 10,000 miles. IF you plan to keep the car several years. If you plan to sell it in a few years then run the K&N and the engine should still be fine. It is long term wear that is the issue here.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by clinthammer
Engine temp: That is normal. Trust me - I drive quite hard and its same as yours!
Thanks thats comforting at last. Two of the infiniti techs told me at Sheikh Zayed road Nissan, but I had a hard time believing. If your car is just the same, then I am good to go.

Tint: 3m all the way from HSV behind Lamcy!
I already got a LLumar tint, paid 1200 Dhs for it in their promotion period. It was in Al Quoz Industrial. They applied the foil, but to be honest, I wasnt 100% satisfied. They put on the foil, told me they dont accept CC cards, so I had to drive to an ATM to get the money. I opened the door, the window dropped like it should and messed up the foil. Came back from the ATM, and they started peeling off the foil from my side, and put on a new one. This whole thing made me quite unconfortable. After that, they told me I should leave the car on the SUN for the following 3 days, which I did. Now I can lower the window and all, but I see micro bubbles on the foil if I look close. Nothing that bothers me really, but still. Also on the back, around the window defroster wires, the tint didnt stick to the glass all the way, and when driving at night, the light coming from behind looks funny. Again, nothing too serious. The heat resistance is quite good on the other hand, I dont feel my brain is boiling anymore when taking the car for lunch.

Air filter: Dont worry about the sand. I have the ebay front grill which lets in more dust yet I have the carbon fiber z tube and jwt pop charger for almost two years with no issues. If you get a filter from abroad, pick up two - one as a spare!
That is reassuring, except shortly after I read your post, clutchless posted exacly the opposite. What shall I do now? The car runs extremely well and sounds good too, so the Air filter might not be that important? Will I notice a lot of difference if I put it on? It wont VOID my warranty? I have a few days left, and then another year Gulf warranty from some Oman-i company.

FloormatS: Hmm weird - maybe the last owner spoilt them. You can get them from Arabian Automobiles spare parts for about 500 but I can get you a mean discount cuz I know them there
For now I got a set of generic ones, but the G has a hook-looking thing in front of the seat, which might be used to keep the Original floormats in place? That hook is now just out there doing nothing and making a rattling noise when my shoes get in contact with it aka stepping on it.

I went to Nissan, and they offered me a set for 750 AED, which is like 220USD. That is outrageous I think for a set of floormats.

Touch up paint: Hold on this - try the Meguiars scratch x first if the area is not too big. If not, forget the touch up paint - it didnt help me much Ive got one big scratch and will wait to paint the car.
I have scratched the frong bumpers lower part when turing out of our apartment building. The cars front is apparently very low, and I only calculated with the tire passing by the curb and the bumper passing over which it didnt Now i have an ugly scar on the bottom, which is hard to see provided its location, but would still be nice to get rid of as much as possible. The paint came of completely so all I see is black plastic, which is why I thought the Touch up paint might work. Also it doesnt have to be too nice, as its hard to see, and as long as its not black anymore, it wont attract the eye.

One big piece of advice - take your car to the Infiniti service in Deira and speak to either Venus, Steven or Milind. Best bet is Venus - tell him you were referred by Clint. This service area is the best in town!
Thanks for all help, if you have time we could even meet up somewhere in Dubai.

Also if you wouldnt mind looking at my other thread, you might have some helpful advice there too,

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/232013-2005-g35c-looking-navi-system-upgrade.html

Cheers and thanks a lot mate

Ben

Old 07-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
air filter concerns...I went with the stillen intake with the k and n filter and since Arizona is dusty I bought a precharger just to make sure I don't get dust in it. It is a cover that goes over the k and n filter. It must work because everyone out here that runs a quad/ sand rail in the dunes or desert run k and n filters with a dry charger to protect the intake and they got the filter totally exposed to the sand and dirt. No engine bay to protect the filter. This on some pretty expensive turbo corvette engines runnning up and down the dunes in CA and out here in AZ. Hope this helps sway you toward the k and N. Floyd in AZ

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by Realtor
air filter concerns...I went with the stillen intake with the k and n filter and since Arizona is dusty I bought a precharger just to make sure I don't get dust in it. It is a cover that goes over the k and n filter. It must work because everyone out here that runs a quad/ sand rail in the dunes or desert run k and n filters with a dry charger to protect the intake and they got the filter totally exposed to the sand and dirt. No engine bay to protect the filter. This on some pretty expensive turbo corvette engines runnning up and down the dunes in CA and out here in AZ. Hope this helps sway you toward the k and N. Floyd in AZ
Hi,

Thanks, could you send links to the products you have? I may get something like that or exactly that as you say in the AZ desert yours does just fine.

What is a pre-charger? I heard of Pop-charger, but not pre. Mind me, I am a total noob in this field, so I might talk complete nonsense.

Thanks for everything,

Ben

Old 07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
here is the link: precharger/ filter wrap for k and n filters.

http://www.knfilters.com/wraps.htm

I called k and n and they told me for the stillen intake k and n filter the wrap/precharger part number is 22-8049pk. They also said the replacement k and n filter is part number RC-2960 for a spare filter.

Hope that helps.

Floyd in AZ

Old 07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The K&N pre wrap will help a lot. Another option are the newer generation foam filters.
http://www.roarfilter.com/ They make a G35 system. Here is a photo from their web page. http://www.roarfilter.com/2productmain.html

http://www.itgairfilters.com/ their US dealer is http://www.coastfab.com/itgairfilters.html

http://www.trueflow.com/

These filter out much more dirt than cotton gauze even with the pre-filter. I do not know if the others make a G35 system, but one of their filtes will be sized to fit someones intake pipe.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks all for the answers. I went to g35parts.com, placed the order, and my CC was denied. I checked, and the reason behind is that I am unable to change the billing address to Dubai/UAE, only US or Canada are option.
I sent them an email, and they were nice to offer a Paypal option, so I can go ahead with the order.

My issue now is that I included the set of Floor Mats in my order, and the weight of only the 1 set comes out to be 25 pounds which drastically increases the shipping costs. To get the floor mat shipped to Dubai, I need to pay 200USD, and it costs 100USD by itself. I put the order on hold.

Clint, could you check up the price for the original floor mats through your dealer friends? I'd really appreciate it. Sending it over for $200 is just crazy.

I am fairly sure that the Used Car dealer I got the car from removed the mats, but they insist the mats were not there in the first place. The seller whom I also knew insists that he sold the car with the mats intact.

I checked Clint's car over the weekend, and it was very nicely modded He had the Z tube with Pop charger, and has not had any trouble at all. That might be the way to go, maybe with the precharger like earlier mentioned.

Any other place I can obtain the original Floor mats from? Its the wheat color.

Thanks

Ben

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?