G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?

Hi All,

I just signed the papers yesterday for a G35 Coupe GCC (Middle East) edition, and will be getting the car in two days. It is Gold with Beige interior, has the Bose sound with MP3 etc. It seems to have everything, but interestingly it has no rear spoiler, which I thought was a basic on all G35 Coupes.

Was there a version with no spoiler in the back?

The car has 54000 kilometers. Is there anything I should specifically look out for in the beginning? I am thinking of getting the Air filter changed, and maybe get fresh oil and filter as well as fuel filter. In the UAE where I currently am, sand is an everyday partner in our lives, so Air filters come and go very fast.

Can I get a rear spoiler to the car installed? I dont want anything fancy, just the regular stock look.

What can I do to the car to make it sound a bit more? I dont want anything agressive, just a bit more roar while accelerating.

Some race air filter and maybe an exhaust system? What do you guys suggest?

This is my first Infiniti and in fact my first Japanese car, so I am lost in the dark.

Thanks a lot,

Ben

Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
congrats on ur purchase

Old 07-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Installing a factory spoiler should be a simple process, mine came with a spoiler but to install one only requires drilling 4 holes from the trunk to mount it. Check online for spoilers, the factory OEM spoiler is easy to find but i don't know which places would ship to UAE.

As far as making it louder and giving it more grunt i suggest the Fast Intentions Intimidator exhaust system. Similar tone to the factory exhaust but deeper and more aggressive sounding. http://www.fastintentions.com/exhaus...ti_default.htm

Also see this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/reviews/232632-review-fast-intentions-intimidator.html

Old 07-13-2008, 04:42 PM
+1 ^ I have the FI with the High flow cats. Sounds so deep and amazing. Hearing clips on the web does it no justice. Great fit also and the service is top notch!

Old 07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ +2 I have that exact setup

Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Get a body kit and get rid of that gold color....

everyone has z tubes...you can search for them...with multiple filters to choose from...stillen popcharger k and n..etc

ive heard some exhausts with just hfc and stock sound amazing...but there are some really good exhausts out there...

just remember if you mix and match cats y pipes and exhausts they have entirely different sounds...dont match it so it sounds like a tin can

Old 07-13-2008, 07:42 PM
When I bought my 07 coupe new from the dealer, I had them add the spoiler. I don't know that they come from the factory installed. You can choose the older style (ironing board) or the new, smaller style.
You can add any type of air filter, from K&N on.
And gold cars look cool.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Lion
When I bought my 07 coupe new from the dealer, I had them add the spoiler. I don't know that they come from the factory installed. You can choose the older style (ironing board) or the new, smaller style.
You can add any type of air filter, from K&N on.
And gold cars look cool.
its all in the preference lol...i just dont like gold in general i already got blasted for telling someone to paint the rims they had from gold to black

Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
What to do after you get a G35?

Birth. Pubity. G35. Marriage. Death.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NyG35fL

Birth. Puberty. G35. Marriage. Death.
Fixed

Oh and LMAO!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
congrats on your G..now post some pics

Old 07-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
+1 i'd love to see how your car looks
congrats on the purchase as well

Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM
what do u all suggest as far as hfc or testpipes to use with a stillen exhaust

Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 AM
haha so i see you picked it over the US G....congratz...

Old 07-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Hi

Thanks for all the responses. I got the car last night from the dealer, oh my god what a feeling you get just by driving it.

Its a beast. I had a Firebird Forumla 6.6L 1974 (28 years old that time) back in the States when I was studying there, which also gave me the creeps when driving it hard, but this even accelerates faster.

Birth. Pubity. G35. Marriage. Death.
Haha, yes that would be nice. I had the Formula before marriage, and between Marriage and Death, I am having the G35C.

By the way, the breaks are not surprisingly good. Is it normal? I never drove another G35 yet, and its 2005 which means no Brembo's anymore. It does stop great, just like any other car would, but I was expecting something special there, like it is with acceleration.

There is quite a bit of road noise coming in. Is it normal? Roads in Dubai are exceptionally good, yet I still hear a lot of noise. The threads are still very good on the wheels, I would say 80%.

To get in to the back is a pain in the ***, or I just dont have the routine how to do it fast? First, I pull the lever to drop the seat-back, then I press the small button to slide the seat front all the way, which takes like 20 seconds. I am 6,4", so the seat is all the way back usually.

Also on the passenger side, the little button doesnt work which is supposed to move the seat front. Is it hard to fix?

There is a light on the center dash console that Passenger air bag is off. How do I turn it on?

When parking to a small space, I have to go forward and reverse multiple times. When switching between Reverse and Forward, the power steering shakes a bit if I am turning the wheel at the very moment. What do you think causes that?

The car is still under warranty, so I will take it in for repairs just I need to collect all the flaws first

Thanks a lot for all your help, its great to have found this community.

And yes, I chose the GCC version over the US version after all. I just felt better having the local warranty and local version.

And finally, a picture is attached. I took it this morning with my phone, so its not the best quality.

Cheers

Ben

Attached Thumbnails Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?-g351.jpg   Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?-g352.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting a G35 Coupe 2005 - what to do now?