G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just another sunny day in OC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just another sunny day in OC

....And I got my coupe! 4 weeks before it was expected. It made it kind of difficult to get the money out of certain accounts an into checking in time, but parents came to the rescue to front it until all that clears. As of Sunday, March 9th 2003 (two days after my 23rd birthday I might add) I am the proud owner of a 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe Leather 6MT with premium and aero. Carribean Blue with Graphite Interior.

It's been a long time, and I know some of you were like "This guy is lying, he's never really going to get his coupe." But alas, it is here. I would post pics but I don't have a digi or a scanner. I have access to those and I will as soon as possible.

First Impressions

It's my first manual that I have bought myself (although I have driven many others). This clutch is really easy! Plenty of travel on the catch point and it catches at pretty much the perfect point. The short throws are awesome! I love the notchy action and I haven't missed a gear yet (although I'm sure the day will come because of how close together they are). The new console works great with the armrest, and I really don't care about the cup holders because there are no drink except for bottled water allowed in my car [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img].

I'm going to take it easy on her for the first few hundred miles, but I can already tell that as she approaches 4k rpm she wants to jump forward to the redline really quick.

I was taking some turns rather sharply with it - This thing really does handle. No body roll at all. It just sticks to the corner, especially at sweepers. I've only made the slip light come on once, taking a sharp corner really fast that twitched out the rear.

I've already gotten tons and tons of stares. Everyone looking, noone has talked to me yet about it, but I have only parked it a couple of times (got it with 10, only has 39 now). I definitely haven't had to get gas yet, where I hear most of the questions from strangers start. No squealing from the brembos yet, and no noticeable brake dust yet, but I'm sure that will happen in time (as it has for most of us anyway).

Just one more proud G35C owner. Unfortunately, I was on my parents insurance before on my other car and now I have to do my own. Still waiting for quotes, but I think it's gonna be reallly expensive (180 a month or something). Oh, to be 23 and a male in California, even with a good driving record. So I brought it to work today but then took it back home because of the insurance. I still have my old car so it's no problem.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 03-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Re: Just another sunny day in OC

Congratulations and welcome to the club! You've been posting for so long, I've forgotten that you didn't have one yet. I bet it was a pleasant surpise to get it earlier than expected, and probably nerve-racking to handle the financial issues before time too. Enjoy your G! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav

Old 03-10-2003, 03:17 PM

Congrats on the final arrival!! Don't forget to stop driving long enough to post every now and again! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 03-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! You are the proud owner of one of the finest pieces of machinery I've ever driven at least. Have fun with her man enjoy it with your youth. I am also one of the few "younger" owners of this exceptional car (25). Be prepared for the insurance, (depending on the type of ownership). I also have a perfect record but I live in Long Beach which is still considered LA county. That of course drives my rate up even more. I'm paying about $142 a month right now for full coverage with all the options. But remember I took a slight step up from a civic LX. Heh Heh. Enjoy it while your young man. = D

Jason
Laser Red 03' Prem/Aero/6MT/SnRf

Old 03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Andrew, FINALLY BRO...... Wow and it was early!
We didn't think you were fibbin' about the Coupe just surprised you kept it together so long without going 'bonkers' hahaha [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img].
Enjoy the ride man, and I won't be surprised if you don't answer for a while. Hope you get the finances and Insurance worked out so you can 'cruise' at will.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I've had mine 2 months now and have only 700 miles. Maybe this damn winter will finally give in to spring --YEHHHHHHH
Good luck,
L8r [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-10-2003, 05:13 PM

stewa101,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I read post like this, I keep getting more anxious about my pending order.

Could you tell me when you ordered and when they said it would be in. I'm in the same postion you were in. Have to cash some of my stock for the down payment and don't want to wait a few days for things to clear.

Old 03-10-2003, 06:01 PM

Congratulations Andrew. Have fun driving.

Old 03-10-2003, 07:46 PM

Notice I changed my sig down there [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img].

i was joking about the fibbing part - but I did almost go bonkers.

I know it took me and the dealer totally by surprise that it was early! I called the dealer a week ago and he said it would be at least another 4 weeks. But, I got a call the day before my birthday.

I originally ordered in late November, but my car was a part of the January allocation (February production). It was a Z order.

And I forgot to comment about the Bose - I haven't gotten to listen to it that much, I been rolling down the windows and listening to the engine music [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]. It sounds great from my first few impressions. No noticeable distortion in the bass like people were describing, but you'll have to give me time for a full analysis.

And yes, insurance at my age and sex is majorly bunk. The lowest quote I've gotten so far is about 170 a month from Mercury. Still waiting for quotes from Wawanesa, Triple A and 21st Century. It will be insured tomorrow, I promised my dealer. So that means I will take the 170 if I have to. My only hope there is that it will go down in a couple of years (turn 25). Oh well, at least I budgeted for it.

I'll post more impressions when I can....... long live the eternal summer of Southern Cali so I will never ever need winter tires.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (since 3/9/03)

Old 03-10-2003, 08:44 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

AHHH you are sooooo lucky man!
4 weeks early that is great bro.....congrats and drive safely (till its broken in [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img])

<font color=blue>-Ramb<font color=red>0</font color=red></font color=blue>
Yeah, Mongolians!

Old 03-10-2003, 08:48 PM

Yeah, even with my leadfoot, I figure I'll take it easy on her for a few hundred miles at least.

Andrew

Old 03-10-2003, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would give it about 12-1500 mi. before you really get crazy with it. At about 1500 I recommend changing the oil and then after that it's fun time!. Enjoy.

Jason
Laser Red 03' Prem/Aero/6MT/SnRf

Old 03-11-2003, 02:34 AM

Congrats! Stewa101,

You got the same style I did, minus the Nav. It's funny, I got my car 3 days after my 29th birthday. It makes it even better that way. Except, how do you better this birthday present? I know, next year we'll have to try and get an FX45!

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 11:08 AM

The funny thing is, my roomate (who is sort of rich from inheritance is getting sick of his ITR and when we went to the dealer to pick up my car he kind of fell in love with the FX. I told him to take it out for a test drive but he didn't end up doing it. We might have another one in the household after all!

Andrew