G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Transponder Key questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transponder Key questions...

Okay here's the deal:

I bought a 2004 Coupe and the dealer only had 1 key and 2 FOBS. Just to be safe and have a backup, I purchased a transponder key yesterday on ebay car and should be getting it in a couple of days....

Today I called several local locksmiths in order to see who can cut and program both keys as I've read on the forums here that once you program a new key you have to re-program your original one as well. One guy said he could do it but just needs me to call an Infiniti dealership so I can get the car's PIN which I did. The guy at the Infiniti dealership tells me that he can't give me the PIN because only an Infiniti dealership can do it. He tells me that nobody aside from an Infiniti dealer can have access to the program/codes they use so my only option once I get the key in the mail is to take it to them, he said they'll charge me $108 to program both my original and new key. So how true is what the service guy at Infiniti is telling me? Personally, I think $108 is crazy but if it's my only option I basically have no choice.

Anyone on here ever get a new transponder key programmed by somebody other than an Infiniti dealer? If so, what did you get charged?

Another thing that sucks is that the nearest Infiniti dealer (which is the one I called) is 155miles away from where I live.......The dealership is in San Antonio, TX and I'm located in Laredo,TX.

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!