G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Parting with the G!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parting with the G!

Hey all,
I'm selling my G and will get a C5 Z06 soon. I do have one of Gordgees grounding kit (5wire red) and a ztube and popcharger for sale, I haven't figured out the going price on these used items so pm me if you are interested.
I've enjoyed all the entertainment and information that I've learned about my car, and thanks to everyone for all of it! I know I will lurk for a little while longer....I am interested in hearing the conclusion about Ducatiboy, I still smell BS BTW, if it wasn't I'm sure he would have voiced his side of the story and attempted to clear his record because even if this is JUST a forum he previously spent a lot of time on it so I'm sure it would've been important to him.
Anyway, no more G for me...also it was embarrasing that a 04 TL passed me going 120 and I had it floored, and to add I had a little run-in with a turbo'd gsx kept up with me very well and would have eventually passed me....so I guess on to a car that's a wee bit faster!

Old 05-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Re: Parting with the G!

Really? A TL passed you? And a GSX almost? I'm surprised.

BONDg35c

Old 05-14-2004, 09:40 PM

Im interested in the Z-tube/popcharger. Please pm me with pricing! Thanks a lot. Also im sorry you are parting with the G!

Old 05-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck and remember that there is ALWAYS someone faster or quicker.[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 05-14-2004, 10:11 PM

Ummm....you don't think I'm surprised?!? I asked the guy in the TL when we later stopped and he said it was stock. I had vdc off however the windows were rolled down and the sunroof open. Here's the part that's worse...he had a passenger! I have the 5AT and there was nothing more I could have done at that speed...believe me the pedal couldn't go any further! and he was passing me like it was kind of easy. I didn't like it at all and was a little disgusted. And the GSX had a turbo, I could here it working! oh well. I am just as surprised as anyone else, and really wished it hadn't happened at all.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe he was telling you the truth. I used to do stuff like that just ot tick people off and let them think something was wrong with their cars. Wonder if it made any of them sell/trade their cars in like you?[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 05-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Premier Member

Good luck and enjoy the Vette. Personally, I'd wait for the new M5, but each too his own. I've certainly enjoyed your input on this site and wish you all the best mate.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:49 PM

Shawn, sorry to hear. But enjoy the vette. You gotta come cruise with us with your new wheels.

------------------------
Borla exhaust, Nismo sway bar, Z duct, JWT p/c, Kinetix cats [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2004, 11:51 PM

yea good luck but in reference to the whole tl and gsx thing that is wierd cuz i have a 5at and thats what I do to tl's so that thing was not stock and as for the whole speed thing well like someone said theres always gonna be faster and like ive always said and heard most of us bought the g35 coupe for the realiability, comfort, and all around beuty of the car but like they say to each his own good luck.

Black/Black 04, 5AT, Premium, Navi, Aero,Nismo CAI, 8000k hids in foglights

Old 05-15-2004, 12:20 AM

are you getting the new corvette? they're nice, but seriously you save more money if you twin turbo the g35. your gonna miss this car, it tell ya....although Im pretty disappointed witht the g35's speed also, Im going to wait until 2007, or if its not going to happen....going straight to M3 or M5...

BTW what the hell is a gsx? is that a acura also?

Old 05-15-2004, 01:02 AM

at least wait for a C6

Old 05-15-2004, 01:31 AM

Forget covettes altogether. Get the new M5. Power and performance. Beautiful.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:01 AM

How fast does one really have to go? I mean come on, be honest. Stops signs and traffic lights are everywhere. The only time horsepower really means something is if you race professionally or for bragging rights IMHO.

GOOD LUCK.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:08 AM

Merlin- Thanks for all your input, and yeah I think he was lying too. I originally wanted a vette but ended up getting the G because of my baby, however my wife and I never take the G with the baby because she would rather be in the roomy SUV. So I am finally able to go with want I originally wanted....the G was been a very suitable replacement for the year!

Britishbloke-Thanks, I've definitely enjoyed reading some of your stuff! I don't know much about the M5, I'm sure it's a great car, the vette is just so much more an icon and that is part of what allures me.

G35newbie-Thanks, and I'll definitely cruise with you guys...if you would allow the American car in! I'm sure one of you guys will have FI by then and be able to keep up!

Blackg35-Thanks, and yeah it's weird! I didn't enjoy it too much at all!

Ximer-I'm getting the C5 current model...I don't really care much for the C6 even though performance wise they stepped it up quite a bit. GSX is eclipse and it was like the previous body style so I'm guessing maybe 98 or 99, I'm not sure when the new body came out. And I do agree with you I will miss the car, to bad I can't convince the wife of keeping both, but then I'm also fixing up my 67 bug, so I don't think I even have enough room for four cars total!

To the rest- I've checked all my PM's about my parts and will respond sometime tomorrow...thanks for all the interest!

Old 05-15-2004, 04:10 AM

Dont trade in your car because you got beat by a stupid car. I dont care if you buy a ferrari enzo. I know about 20 people who would beat you with a $50k-$60k toyota supra.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Obsidian Black/Graphite | Premium | Aero | Splash Guards | XM Radio | Z Tube | JWT Pop Charger | Helix Test Pipes | Unorthodox Crank Pulley | Injen SES

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parting with the G!