G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

torn: STI vs G35C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torn: STI vs G35C

Im looking to spend under 33k-ish on my new car. Ive narrowed it down to the 2003 Infiniti G35C (6mt) or the 2004 Subaru WRX STi. Im an avid car nut but looks are also important. For those unaware of the STi (out in June)... it is a 4dr wrx, 2.5L boxer-4Turbo AWD with 300bhp, 300 ft of tourque. It is a DRIVERS car with a Driver Controlled center differential, manual waterspary for the intercoller. It comes with adjustable beam HID's, nice seats/interior... slightly loud exterior. Estimates are better than .94 lateral, mid 4 second 0-60's and 1320 in under 13.5.... but...the G35C is better looking and more luxurious and more appealing to the masses

-Shahul X

WTB: Black G35 coupe 6MT
Current: 2002 Acura RSX typeS (Artic Blue) 4 sale
Many, many mods

Old 03-16-2003, 01:21 AM
Re: torn: STI vs G35C

Here you're gonna get a biased response but it really depends on what your priorities are. If you're about m3-beating performance over any kind of luxury, then the STi is the way to go. But if you want a real grand tourer that's great for long hauls and has comfort and amenities (not to mention being [censored] gorgeous) then the G is your answer.

Drive them both and see which you feel you want to drive for the next (at least) few years.

Old 03-16-2003, 01:32 AM

alright here is my 2 cents the Sti will be fast and [censored] but u loose comfort and all the nice crap infiniti give u plus u get great servise. If you want preformence give it some time then the turbos will be out for the G35 and then u will be leaving some shitty 4 cylender in the dust.

Old 03-16-2003, 01:36 AM

The STi is more performance oriented while the G35 has a little more luxury. I personally like the G35 more because of the added luxury and exterior styling. I think the STi is a little too much for me. If you do decide on the STi I think you will have to wait because they are all spoken for. I live near Van Bortel Subaru which is the largest Subaru dealer in the U.S. and they are only getting 10 STi's with a waiting list greater than 50 people.

Old 03-16-2003, 02:40 AM

I would definately go with the G35c.. the only thing that car has is its power and awd... It looks very ugly IMHO, the hood scoop is huge w/ the ablility to shove someones face in there or something while the wing is oversized with the ability to stick a person in between.

The g35c's got ***** too and looks 100 times better than the STI, it whoops the STI in interior and you know with Infiniti your getting luxury plus great service. A thing to keep in mind, the Sti's got 300hp via forced induction (turbo), we are 280 NA (naturally aspirated / no turbo)

With a few quickies here and there we can knock off a second and be within their range. WE WILL ALSO BE A SLEEPER UNLIKE THE STi.

Say "Infiniti" to yourself, then say "Subaru." I think we have a winner

Old 03-16-2003, 02:51 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

heh nice biased opinions
If i were you i would get the STi, dont get the g35 coupe dude, i want less of them on the road so i can feel more special [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Im just playin dude.....drive them both and examine your priorities...you say you have a mod'd RSXs, so its time to upgrade from civic-class cars and into luxury, plus it seems as if you like to mod your cars.....the STi will be tough to modify.....the G will be much easier to modify (n/a...get some F/I...TT or SC) good luck

<font color=blue>-Ramb<font color=red>0</font color=red></font color=blue>

Old 03-16-2003, 04:08 AM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I was seriously looking at the STI then after I realized that Subaru wasn't commiting to making them I decided that it wasnt worth the wait. After a little carefull consideration I found the G35c and I've been in love ever since. And to put it bluntly after showing the STI to a few girls they told me straight up It's a kids car (No Class) why get that when you could get the Infiniti. And you know what they are right. The Infiniti Looks better, has a nicer interior, and almost the same performance as the mysterious STI is speculated to have. If you want to have a car that is comparable to the Mistushitsi Lancer IIV then get the STI. If you want a car that is comparable to the M3 (after a few mods) then get the infiniti. Personally I'd rather sh*t on Rice sitting at the light and not have to race them to prove anything. It's up to you!! Good Luck!! Hey thats all the biased opinion I have, Good luck making your choice.

Old 03-16-2003, 04:37 AM

Boy, I sure hope for your sake the dealers don't mark up the STI like the Mitsubishi dealers are with the new Evo's...$15-20K markup is insane. It would suck to wait that long, and come find out your $30K car is now a $50K one. D'oh!

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav

Old 03-16-2003, 04:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta list your priorities. Luxury or speed, plain and simple. I have seen pictures of the STI interior and it looks like a subaru interior, low quality plastic not very comfortable zero amenites. You have the STI's advantages though, brute speed and torque with AWD. You may also want to consider your insurance as well, AWD's are always more especially an STI. Also from what I understand it does not come with any type of stereo system, only a wealth of rally style controls and settings. I would stick with the G since it's a well rounded vehicle that touches most of the areas that enthusiast's like. Also as mentioned above with the addition of some after market gear I'm sure you can kill all the E46 M3's you want. Good Luck!

Jason
Laser Red 03' Prem/Aero/6MT/SnRf

Old 03-16-2003, 10:41 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The STi is a bit too aggressive looking for me. Power, handling, and 4WD are cool but the all 'round appeal of my G-Coupe is unbeatable. It's your choice but I'd give the G the nod
[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 03-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I could afford a second car for the track, I'd look at an EVO or STi. I wouldn't want one for a daily driver, though.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-19-2003, 12:53 AM

Something to add to all this.

I don't know what kind of R-F differential STI uses, but regular viscous diff that all other Subaru's use creates a lot of power loss. Apparently, WRX only put down like 160 hp(or less)...(about 25-30% loss). awd Audi is about 17% loss, G should be about 14-15%.

Still for speed, STI, for looks and luxury, G..or others

'03 G35c 6MT Silver/Black, Perform., Nav, Prem.

Old 03-19-2003, 04:36 AM

My 2 cents: Its a frickin Subaru. 'Nuff said.

Banatoman

Old 03-19-2003, 07:24 PM

Nothing wrong with Subies, especially if you live up in the Tundra. Of course, I don't. However, they are good cars (reliability wise).

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (since 3/9/03)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: torn: STI vs G35C