G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Squeaking Coming From The Front Again!!!!!this Time Im Getting Rid Of The G!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
^lol why

Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres a flashlight so u can get out and "inspect" your bmw for defects after the g beats you

Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
really? should i call the dealership then about this issue..
b/c they didnt even know they fixed the problem..but when i took
my car home that day i didnt hear no squeaking.....but now its back...

i duno what to do.
How about you spend a few hundred bucks to fix it instead of tens of thousands to replace it?

Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
^tru...well imma make an appointment to inspect my squeaking for the last time at Cochran Infiniti..but if they couldnt find the squeaking the first 5 times i visited there ,lol what makes you think they can fix it!....

Old 10-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
^tru...well imma make an appointment to inspect my squeaking for the last time at Cochran Infiniti..but if they couldnt find the squeaking the first 5 times i visited there ,lol what makes you think they can fix it!....
Go somewhere else. Someone's bound to find the issue.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
what kind of squeaking is it? does it squeak when you are just driving, going over a bump? i is prob. something really small.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:14 PM
A $45 chassis lube should take care of the problem. thats why they didnt have any evidence they fixed a problem. No parts were involved, just a little grease in a grease gun.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
what kind of squeaking is it? does it squeak when you are just driving, going over a bump? i is prob. something really small.

i only hear the squeaking when i go over numerous bumps or imperfections on the road..when im on a smooth roadway i dont hear anything..its just something loose in the front end somewhere....i kno fo sure the sound is coming from the front.......it just get annoying

Old 10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Do you have aftermarket sways? I have the same problem sometimes (comes and goes, usually when its raining) and I'm pretty sure its just the endlinks squeaking but I'm too lazy to figure out where its coming from, because I don't really care. Sorry man, but you're an idiot for getting rid of your car and spending more $$ just because of one or two squeaks, unless you really were looking for a new car and have the money to spend. Otherwise, stupid idea IMO.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
Do you have aftermarket sways? I have the same problem sometimes (comes and goes, usually when its raining) and I'm pretty sure its just the endlinks squeaking but I'm too lazy to figure out where its coming from, because I don't really care. Sorry man, but you're an idiot for getting rid of your car and spending more $$ just because of one or two squeaks, unless you really were looking for a new car and have the money to spend. Otherwise, stupid idea IMO.

no i dont have aftermarket sways....so u think its my endlinks? what aftermarket sways do u have? yea it may be stupid idea to trade in my G but let me tell you other things that are wrong, my rear quater panel has 2tone paint,my front 2 fenders have 2 tone paint,rattles,door lock acuator is out,rear axle clicking....if u had all these problems would u still keep ure car?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
no i dont have aftermarket sways....so u think its my endlinks? what aftermarket sways do u have? yea it may be stupid idea to trade in my G but let me tell you other things that are wrong, my rear quater panel has 2tone paint,my front 2 fenders have 2 tone paint,rattles,door lock acuator is out,rear axle clicking....if u had all these problems would u still keep ure car?
your intermittent (?) squeaking might come from parts that heat up and expand. might wanna make sure the car is nice and warm from a drive, maybe find a place where you know the car makes noise near cochran infiniti, and then have them be in the car with you when they try and diagnose the problem... iono if they'd be down with that, but if you know it will produce the noise, then try your damn best to to show it to them.

ever drive the car hard on turns? it will def slowly wear out your stock endlinks, causing them to squeak.

2 tone paint? you bought the car like that? or worse, you got it re-painted and you let the paint shop off the hook with paint like that?

did you get the rear axle click recently? if not, it was covered by a TSB that you could have gotten fixed for free @ the stealership.

imho, unless the squeaking is ridiculously loud, it's a bit ridiculous of you to replace the car on the basis of that... i mean i know you listed other problems with your car, but still.... everyone will have problems with their car due to wear & tear, unless it's garage queen of course

Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
i will say chassis lube one more time......

Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by xx7sephiroth7xx
your intermittent (?) squeaking might come from parts that heat up and expand. might wanna make sure the car is nice and warm from a drive, maybe find a place where you know the car makes noise near cochran infiniti, and then have them be in the car with you when they try and diagnose the problem... iono if they'd be down with that, but if you know it will produce the noise, then try your damn best to to show it to them.

ever drive the car hard on turns? it will def slowly wear out your stock endlinks, causing them to squeak.

2 tone paint? you bought the car like that? or worse, you got it re-painted and you let the paint shop off the hook with paint like that?

did you get the rear axle click recently? if not, it was covered by a TSB that you could have gotten fixed for free @ the stealership.

imho, unless the squeaking is ridiculously loud, it's a bit ridiculous of you to replace the car on the basis of that... i mean i know you listed other problems with your car, but still.... everyone will have problems with their car due to wear & tear, unless it's garage queen of course
i did have an infiniti tech person come with me for a drive down a bumpy road the the tech heard the squeaking and he said it may be some metal rubbing againest each other...so i left my car there for damn near a week and they called me saying they cant pinpoint where the sound is coming and that my warranty is over and now they have to charge me to find the squeaking...

the squeaking isnt ridiculously loud..but when i have my windowns down and my radio off and go over a bad road with ots of bumps and imperfections i hear squeaking........

i found out my G had 2 tone paint on the passenger side rear quater panel when i was washing my car...but i called the car place i bought my G from..they said they couldnt do nothing about it b/c on the carfax report it was clean ..but clearly my car has been in some sort of accident..b/c the front 2 side fenders have 2 tone paint..when the sun hits my car u can clearly see it......

im just depressed lol

Old 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM
if you are talking about your front , and rear bumpers being different in color as the rest of the car, all of the silver cars i have ever seen do that. The eurethane parts are painted separately from the rest of the car, also 2 different kinds of surfaces will just take the paint differently. If you look at many cars on the road, they are all like that. the rear axle click is a common problem that relates to the axles not getting enough grease when they were installed. And of course, if you read one of my previous posts, unless you buy a friggin Bentley, you are not going to find a car that doesnt have some sort of rattle.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me retype your list that you made.

current rides that im lookin at are
Infiniti G35
Infiniti M35x
Infiniti M45
Nissan 350z
Lexus IS350
BMW M3
BMW 330Ci
Audi S4

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Squeaking Coming From The Front Again!!!!!this Time Im Getting Rid Of The G!!