G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Engine shuddering?~!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine shuddering?~!?! pulstar maybe

Ok so i was on 267 driving home and I finally get off on my exit and when I get to the light, all of the sudden I feel my car start to make a sound like it's back firing from the exhaust but my whole car is shaking. Ok sounds like a cylinder misfire right? well there's not engine light on... so that makes me wonder if it is or not, but it sure sounds like one because when i'm driving it hesitates and shakes and when it's in idle, it shakes every 3 seconds, I thought it might be a vacum leak but I looked and nothing is loose. Anyone else ever have this problem? driving all of the sudden and all of the sudden the car just begins to "sound" like it's mis firing or back firing? No mods, no rain, nothing, just driving home and all of the sudden the car starts to shudder and hesitate, and no engine light.

Last edited by dieselaznrock; 11-30-2008 at 01:05 AM. Reason: title change-added Pulstar maybe
Old 11-29-2008, 11:46 PM
ok went out to look again, and hear the sound, really bad news now, I can hear a rattle everytime it knocks now... I think... maybe something is wrongwith my rod bearing... or my connecting rod... omg

but how come there is no check engine light i'm kind of... frustrated now...

Old 11-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
sounds like your gonna need to get that towed to the dealer. Don't even turn it on. If it's knocking already, your just making it worse. Is this your DD?

Old 11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
DUDE IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!! i was gonna post about it too. i took my car to the shop today and of course there is no noise, so i drive around and still nothing we decide to call it a day and drop it off a day during the week and once i drive off.. of course it comes right back. i drive back and once again it starts playing hide and seek. it seems to come on right after i drive it fairly hard *5k or so shifts* and only happens once im at a full stop. It almost feels like im stalling and there is a pop/clank and the car shakes then keeps idling and it keeps clanking/popping randomly every couple secs.. right? u find out anythin else? im in the VA area too.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:58 PM
im not gettin any signals at all and it's not every time i stop it's almost like it's picking and choosing when to do it.. mostly happens after 4 -5 mins of driving on the hw. i thought it was the exhaust contracting back and forth but no way it would make my car shake. also replaced my pcv valve thinking it was from there since i keep hearing a faint whistle im thinking that could cause a vacuum leak... but nope.. this only started happening since it got a lil colder(2 weeks or so). i also thought it was my transmission but it drives just fine, and launches HARD so i know nothing is slipping... its just once i rev the clank/pops tend to keep up with the revs until 1.2k rpms then they go away.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:58 PM
yep this is my DD, and roguewolf, I would stop driving it if i were you, because if you have the same problem as me, I think something really bad happened, I think i'm going to have to tow this in because i'm scared I might do more damage, how weird is it that we're both in VA? I parked at the outback in vienna and driving home is when i heard this... at idle and when driving I have this problem... I'm really pissed off...

Old 11-30-2008, 12:01 AM
anyone have any idea what this might be or has this happened to anyone before?

Old 11-30-2008, 12:04 AM
I have almost the exact same problem man, the clank/pop, I thought it was the exhaust too. But now I'm starting to hear a rattle after the clank/pop...

Old 11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
i dont hear any rattling tho... almost feels like something is slipping and causing the car to think it's stalling.. im tryna think of the last mods i did.. and the last mod was grounding kit and engine damper. i can't stop driving this, this is my DD, Monday imma take it to a shop first thing and go see my mechanic the one i took it to today was a *****.. kept rushing me out.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:08 AM
please keep me posted, Tomorrow morning I'm going to check my spark plugs to see if any are fouled up please let me know when you find out what happened, thanks, i'll post up as well as soon as I find anything.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:16 AM
yea i looked into the spark plugs maybe one of the coils went bad... i'll check out the car once i get my mechanic to lift it up and dig.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:43 AM
the more I think about it, the more I think it might be my pulsh1t plugs, I was lazy and never took them out... I think I did myself in with this one... we'll find out in the morning.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:44 AM
let me know!! i hope to god its the plugs.. could it be the grounding kit? maybe i wired it wrong... then again would electrical cause sputtering.. i doubt it..

Old 11-30-2008, 01:06 AM
i'm reading up on this, electrical could cause it, if its not grounding right. but i'm gettting some rest now, i'll find out more in the morning when i pull these crap plugs out.

Last edited by dieselaznrock; 11-30-2008 at 01:07 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 AM
I am having something similar to this too. I dont hear anything that sounds like a misfire or knocking of any kind. but the car does feel to shudder or shake every so often when i am sitting at a stop.

I dont have any mods done, will prob be taking it into the dealer though for this and a few other issues though. I think i have the OC issue too, maybe that is related?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Engine shuddering?~!?!