Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Glex25
https://g35driver.com/forums/18-inch...-18-160-a.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/18-inch...rims-only.html

That is a nice cheap combo that won't break the bank but deals like that don't come around often.

The back tires look like you might get a season or 2 out of them

Oh yeah don't base someone's knowledge by their post count
word of advice
good lookin out with this info Glex....!!! and youre right about not judging peoples advice by their post amount... good call thanks bro....

Old 12-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by tsalameh502
Everyone, stop acting like you drive ferraris and drive it as you would a piece of **** camaro.
Sorry my car is better than a Ferrari for my purposes.
It has 2 backseats
Seats 4 comfortably
Parts don't cost a arm and a leg
Pretty reliable as long as I maintain it.
Puts down just as much power as a Ferrari(427WHP=505@the crank)

Your turn

Old 12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
nice Glex....very nice...sounds like a beast!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by DillersG
i live in north jersey ... i live on the top of a mountain...
ther're mountains in new jersey? and counties?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:11 AM
God, I would hate to see my car in snow. Good Luck to everyone this winter... jeez

Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well i basically drove me car in one winter since i have owned it since 06. It pretty much handled poorly with stock 18's and tires. Since then i decided to not drive it in the snow, and then drive my truck...pretty simple.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by tsalameh502
Everyone, stop acting like you drive ferraris and drive it as you would a piece of **** camaro.

Must suck to be on an Infiniti forum, and not own one.

It's ok I'd be mad too.

Glex, got em!

Old 12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by DillersG
Why?...does your camaro drive like my dad's ferrari? That sucks for you...

people like you give the internet a bad name...like my mom always said..."if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"
My mom just says "don't act like a douchebag"...same effect I guess.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:08 PM
solekeeper...yeah...jersey has lots of fun stuff....tacky chicks, traffic, and yes...mountains.... and i say bergen county cause alot of people know where that is...its one of the main suburbs outside of nyc...

lol...yeah def same effect johnhanson

Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Today Chicago , and I imagine other parts of the western Great Lakes, awoke to some brutal treacherous weather. A day of light rain and 50 degree temps was followed by a 50 degree drop in temperature in under 10 hours. All the water froze solid on all surfaces.

Problem is calcium chloride and calcium bromide are not very effective at melting frozen water at less than 20 degrees much less 9 degrees. Needless to say, despite tons of road salt, most roads had patchy slushy ice. And plenty-o-accidents. A real white-knuckle day behind the wheel.

Despite those conditions, my G35 coupe, shod with All Season Mud & Snow rated Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdges, traversed some fairly icy patches of roadway with confidence. Parking lots and my driveway, which were solid sheets of thick ice, were no problem. Permitting sufficient distances, the VDC system activated twice, and only momentarily, and the ABS never engaged.

All Season M&S tires have come a long way since I first installed a set on my 1986 Mustang GT - well back in 1986.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by athens
Today Chicago , and I imagine other parts of the western Great Lakes, awoke to some brutal treacherous weather. A day of light rain and 50 degree temps was followed by a 50 degree drop in temperature in under 10 hours. All the water froze solid on all surfaces.

Problem is calcium chloride and calcium bromide are not very effective at melting frozen water at less than 20 degrees much less 9 degrees. Needless to say, despite tons of road salt, most roads had patchy slushy ice. And plenty-o-accidents. A real white-knuckle day behind the wheel.

Despite those conditions, my G35 coupe, shod with All Season Mud & Snow rated Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdges, traversed some fairly icy patches of roadway with confidence. Parking lots and my driveway, which were solid sheets of thick ice, were no problem. Permitting sufficient distances, the VDC system activated twice, and only momentarily, and the ABS never engaged.

All Season M&S tires have come a long way since I first installed a set on my 1986 Mustang GT - well back in 1986.
i feel you...i wokeup to the same crap. i barely got my door open and took about 20 minutes to defrost my windshield. frozen ice doesn't scrape off when your car is frozen from rain. another nightmare out there for me...i pulled out of a parking lot and literally almost got stuck in place on the street.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 3 good friends who have G35 coupes. 2 of which are girls that both have auto and one guy with 6 speed. All complain that the car is no good in the winter? Maybe they can't drive?? They also don't have a different set up for winter either. Im glad to see a lot of ppl say that the car is just fine. Would you suggest driving it in snow on the oem wheels and tires?

Old 12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by KhanArt
I have 3 good friends who have G35 coupes. 2 of which are girls that both have auto and one guy with 6 speed. All complain that the car is no good in the winter? Maybe they can't drive?? They also don't have a different set up for winter either. Im glad to see a lot of ppl say that the car is just fine. Would you suggest driving it in snow on the oem wheels and tires?
If you are driving on dedicated performance summer tires, no matter how capable a driver, you cannot drive the G35, or any other car or truck, safely on snow or ice.

Anyone who got a G coupe with the sport package had their cars fitted OEM with dedicated performance summer tires.

We who drive year round, in the snow belt, opted for the base tire/ suspension set-ups, got OEM All Season M+S Goodyear RS-As, which made the car driveable in snow or ice.

See the following Car & Driver test which pitted Goodyear F1 GS-Ds (dedicated summer performance) vs. Goodyear Eagle RS-A (All season M+S) vs. Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip (Dedicated Winter). These were fitted on a RWD Caddy CTS.

http://www.caranddriver.com/content/...ersion/1/file/

full article:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ons_tech_stuff

Old 12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, I will check this out.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Been driving my G in the winter in Philly for 4+ seasons now on Dunlop Winter Sport M3's (just got a new set for the rear) and the car does fine, though reailze that no tire is a panacea either. You still have to take care and drive smoothly and carefully, but otherwise you will do fine unless the snow is very deep, in which case you won't have the ground clearance. Then I just stay home and work from home.

I actually find at times I need to disable VDC (aside from the times when no one's around and I want to play rally driver on purpose) and let the wheels spin a bit to gain momentum up certain hills, but I leave it on the rest of the time and get around without any major problems.

If you have summer tires and you drive in temps <40 degrees during the winter, you should invest in a set of all-season or snows for the winter regardless of whether you see significant snow. Summer rubber gets hard and loses its grip when temps fall.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Coupe drivers