G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Winter Coupe drivers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Winter Coupe drivers

Do you guys throw any weight in the trunk? If so, how much?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
i dont add any weight in the trunk and its just fine...it also says in the garage..cheap beater is will keep ur G a lot nicer from a nasty winter

Old 12-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This will be my first winter with my G. I am kinda nervous since up here in PA we do get snow but I should be fine since there are a decent amount of G and Z owners in my area. And I have a garage to keep my G in overnight.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I have driven my G Coupe since March 05. I havent to date put weight in the trunk. I drove on OEM 17s with RSA all seasons on them as well. This year, I stepped up and put Blizzaks on my OEM 19s. I once again, dont plan to put any weight in the trunk. Unless it really slips, only then will I consider this action, but if its that bad, I will just drive my Silverado...

Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I would think just having a full tank of gas will add enough weight to help. My snow set up worked well the past few years. The only real noreaster we had I just parked it and stayed home.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Drove my G last winter... probably the worst winter Chicago has had in about 10 years and it handled fine. Get some good winter tires on there, and keep VDC on, and you'll be fine. I do however have a few random things in my trunk, so maybe ~20 pounds. extra

Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just dont drive like an a$$ and your be fine. I live in philly it gets bad on the lil side streets.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 AM
the car is already heavy as fock..

Old 12-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Do not put weight in the trunk!!!! The car has nearly neutral handling in both dry and snow conditions due to its weight distribution. Extra weight in the back makes it extra tail happy if you get the back end out. Just buy a decent set of winter tires - I've used Blizzaks and Dunlop M3s - the Dunlops are far superior. We have snow 4 months a yeaar and I've had no problems in 2 years.

Just remember: rwd + vdc off + snow = fuuuuun (when no other cars are around)

Old 12-04-2008, 01:59 AM
well, i think this is a good place for my rant...

just this past week it has snowed a few inches along with rain and sub 30 degree weather. i bought a set of 17" ASA wheels with blizzak tires on them. maybe i was just expecting too much, but this car with this setup literally handles like **** in snow/icy conditions.

just the other day i was driving through an alley at crawling speed (maybe 3 mph?) and it got a little bit icy with the snow. this car just kept gliding, i couldn't believe it wouldn't stop. if i got out and pushed it the other way it would've stopped quicker. and when it comes to snow...this car is all over the place even with VDC on. stopping is pretty good in snow, but daily driving has become a nightmare.

in dry and even wet colder weather the tires are great...but when it comes to snow or ice, these are just as good if not worse than a regular set of all-seasons. definitely wouldn't buy these tires again if given the choice. and given all the hype about blizzak, i think i'll try some dunlops next year.

/rant

Old 12-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I've got the same package koksik and I have to so I'm happy so far.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by koksik86

just this past week it has snowed a few inches along with rain and sub 30 degree weather. i bought a set of 17" ASA wheels with blizzak tires on them. maybe i was just expecting too much, but this car with this setup literally handles like **** in snow/icy conditions.

just the other day i was driving through an alley at crawling speed (maybe 3 mph?) and it got a little bit icy with the snow. this car just kept gliding, i couldn't believe it wouldn't stop. if i got out and pushed it the other way it would've stopped quicker. and when it comes to snow...this car is all over the place even with VDC on. stopping is pretty good in snow, but daily driving has become a nightmare.

in dry and even wet colder weather the tires are great...but when it comes to snow or ice, these are just as good if not worse than a regular set of all-seasons. definitely wouldn't buy these tires again if given the choice. and given all the hype about blizzak, i think i'll try some dunlops next year.

/rant
Try lowering your tire pressure. If your tires are inflated very high(35+ PSI), you'll lose grip in slick situations. It's often beneficial to air down a few PSI when you know that the road conditions are going to be particularly bad, and then pump them back up when the streets are clear and providing better grip. Maybe try dropping them to like 27 or 28 PSI in the real bad conditions... even though your Tire Pressure Monitor system will complain the whole time.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by koksik86

There's your problem.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
^^^
Just curious why you think so? Blizzaks have been known to be some of the best snow tires around. I have M3's on mine, but Blizzaks were my 2nd choice.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 PM
AmR
anyone here live in North Jersey? hows is the g35 during the winter season

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Coupe drivers