G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2007 g35 6mt HELP PLEASE i just bought it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its cool mine is a 6mt my last car was a loaded accord 6mt with about 260 hp...i kinda couldnt even imagine getting an automatic no offense to the people that do... my accord before the 04 was a 01 and that was auto and it was hella fun

Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 AM
really good quote below...yeah....thats kinda like i read thru the ENTIRE "what i hate about my G thread" one night and wrote down everything and had it with when i went to the first dealer

Originally Posted by eurodre
well dont expect TOO much out of the spacers, they are mainly for the looks of the tires, what i would suggest is if you are on the looks part, get a drop THEN wheels and tires, search around for the right offsets on the wheels so u wont need spacers, because theres a whole nother discussion about spacers and eh its an experience you want to avoid, in my opinion

as for the plenum spacer, you know im not suuure.. im gonna say around 15 but i dont have one so i cant say if its noticible or not, but again dont expect TOO much out of it, its mainly too add on, spacer, cold air intake, exhaust, you know just to add on to the package IF you want to do N/A or just.. go boosted haha but thats another dicussion also lol

but hei do things right the first time to save yourself the headache, like they say smart people learn from their mistakes, wise people learn from others mistakes

Old 12-08-2008, 01:35 AM
and hey since everyone seem like they know what theyre talking about...is the bose system going to be better (with 8 speakers) then what i had in my honda 04 coupe loaded....ive hear its one of the weakness of the car

ive kinda hear the bose system sucks...but that just kinda sounds crazy and i feel like itll kick a@@, ya know?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by DillersG
and hey since everyone seem like they know what theyre talking about...is the bose system going to be better (with 8 speakers) then what i had in my honda 04 coupe loaded....ive hear its one of the weakness of the car

ive kinda hear the bose system sucks...but that just kinda sounds crazy and i feel like itll kick a@@, ya know?
It's probably not something your gonna notice. It kicks hard but I think the audio clarity is slightly off, not something really that important or even remotely noticeable to the everyday man. The major complaints about the BOSE are all the problems it came with. On some in 05, it was the CD ERR wouldnt go away and **** it up. Also, the equalizer(Bass +5) would reset itself everytime the car went off. In some 03's something was wrong with the power and it drained the battery quick for some reason.

However, in your 07 it should be completely elimnated and just be a normal sound system.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by DillersG

hell ya its better, i like it a lot, put it this way before when i had my 96 corolla with 2 12 inch kickers in the back, now i moved to this i like this a WHOLE lot better, its just a lot more of a grown up feel, a lot more classy and its everything you need, plenty of base and so on, i love it and wouldnt think of changing it..only thing is that i wish they had an easier ipod hookup but what can you do? but if you DO want to change the system you're free to do that too theres plenty of info on here on how to do it

Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
its 11pm...i just drove my g home from the dealer....i just wanted to thank everyone for their advice over the past few days,,,,especially Darkstar...

Im literally the happiest guy in jersey right now...

ill see you guys in the forums...thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks for the mention bro . Check these out:

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ent-point.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...al-remedy.html

2 Methods of lowering your engagment point because it's so high up. I personally would do the factory one, just about 1 and 1-8th turns to be extremely safe.

BTW what part of Jersey are you in?

Old 12-08-2008, 11:34 PM
bergen county up by NYC

Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 PM
no.. no no.. dont do the clutch adjustment, just get used 2 it, personally this is one of the tackiest and just worst thing iv seen some one do to their car, in my opinion its manual tranmission, nissan didnt make it NOT drivable, so just learn man i got used 2 it, and now i just dont push the clutch in all the way.. i ono how bad it is, but u can get USED 2 the high engagement

Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 PM
and i think the first thing i have to do is figure out how to get all the songs on my blackberry to play in the car (without some FM adapter)....

good lookin out with those DIYs...ill check em out tonight.....i gotta read my manual and stuff....sadly, figuring out how to remove the gas cap was tricky tonight...i gotta figure out some of the basics lol

Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
no.. no no.. dont do the clutch adjustment, just get used 2 it, personally this is one of the tackiest and just worst thing iv seen some one do to their car, in my opinion its manual tranmission, nissan didnt make it NOT drivable, so just learn man i got used 2 it, and now i just dont push the clutch in all the way.. i ono how bad it is, but u can get USED 2 the high engagement

its all good the clutch doesnt bother me that much,,,,but i think it could use better speakers...the bose is.....kinda just OK at best...

Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
^^ for blackberry.. mm best best id say is transfer to an ipod and then get the ipod hookup, the one that connects to the preset wires in the trunk..

the speakers are fine, i guess for me once i moved UP to this car i just grew up and the speaker didnt really bother me they do the job just fine.. but if u already have invested a lot of money into ur car like a lot of people have on here then of course u have to get a sound system, it just comes with it.. but thats just my opinion

Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 AM
so i gotta buy an ipod (not a big deal)? thats cool but that sucks i love my blackberry... the only other way to do it on will be thru an FM tuner that makes me control the music with my blackberry, correct??? if so, that kinda sounds scary as it will take me a few months to really feel comfortable and percise ...

its kinda sad...i get went outside at midnight to go look at my car for 20 minutes....i just stood there staring...it was kinda bad lol i didnt even bring my keys...i just stared

Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
and i guess the speakers are fine, but i could use a little more base, (without rattles, just good back and front speakers...just update like 4 of them or something like that...itll be like 300 bucks i guess...ehhh what the hell do i know...i gotta do more research...thats kinda half of the fun of it obv

Old 12-09-2008, 12:16 AM
lol well yah u gotta get an ipod.. and fm transmitters r good only if u spend a GOOD amount on.. ehh they r WAY to ghey lol

lol well if u wanna upgrade ur speakers ALL 4.. it will be more than 300 a little, check out cruthfield.com they have a loot of good stuff..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 g35 6mt HELP PLEASE i just bought it