G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2007 g35 6mt HELP PLEASE i just bought it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2007 g35 6mt HELP PLEASE i just bought it

i just bought this car from a dealer about two hours from my house. i havent seen it yet in person. its all pending a test drive and mechanic's review, yada yada yada... their listing on the internet is basically just cut and paste from some standard features listing. can someone here please look at this picture and let me know if my car has...

they are already closed for the day, so that is why i cant call the dealer. they had a death in the family and....blah blah blah...who cares...but i cant call them...thats the point

the sport package (ie 19 inch tires, better handling, etc.) you guys no the deal

they told me it has navigation so im sure it does

i also asked about bluetooth and it does have bluetooth (should i assume it has the premium package???)

does it have the sport package?

what optional features should i ask them about that i may be missing (ie:find a better g)

but the 2007 g35 coupe 6mt with sport package wont allow for keyless entry, correct?

and that rim style only comes in 19's, correct? they kinda look like 19s, but i know everyone on the forum will know right away.

if anyone out there could help me out and let me know, it would be awesome!DOMO

I promise to contribute to the forum, not be a jerk, show support and respond to threads that are already started, as compared to starting a new thread... please help their internet AD is useless...

thank you to who ever responds, and please dont hesitate to ask me questions and ill respond quick quick..

thanks

Diller

Is this correct below....and does my picture look like it has 19s???

The 2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe is offered in two fully equipped models, the G35 Coupe and G35 Coupe 6MT. A number of optional packages are offered, including the previously detailed Rear Active Steer Package and the Sport-Tuned Suspension Package.

The Premium Package includes power one-touch open/close sunroof, Bose? audio system, power tilt and telescopic steering, dual HVAC controls, HomeLink? Universal Transceiver, Bluetooth? Hands-Free Phone System, driver?s seat and steering wheel memory, driver-side entry/exit assist and automatic anti-glare rearview mirror.

Other packages include the Performance Tire & Wheel Package (G35 Coupe model only) with 18-inch wheels and tires, and the Aero Package with rear spoiler and side diffusers. Individually available options include the sunroof and Infiniti Navigation System (available with Premium Package).

Attached Thumbnails 2007 g35 6mt HELP PLEASE  i just bought it-g35-coupe-6mt-navi.jpg  

Last edited by DillersG; 12-07-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Sure bro, all 6MT's have the sport package already equipped. Also, those are the 19" wheels, they are made by Rays engineering so they are high-quality, forged, and lightweight.

If it has BOSE, it has premium package, that's a big package and I really hope your car has that. If it has bluetooth it has premium package though, which also has the sunroof, BOSE, anti-glare rear-view, auto on/off headlights and dual climate control.

Navi is a seperate package, so there's no way of knowing it has that unless you see it, but I think it does if they told you. The only thing I can't tell if it has is the Aero Package, which is spoiler and mudguards on the side.

So looks like what you got is fully loaded, besides the Aero Package which it probably has if the owner got everything else. When you get the car, start Oil Consumption tests right away. PM if you have any other questions bro, sorry for the long write-up.

EDIT: Missing the aero package isn't a big deal since you can get the mudguards for about 100, and buy a good quality replica spoiler for about 150-200 painted.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
i can really get a spoiler painted and installed for 200 bucks....that makes me feel better cause i cant tell about spoiler either...i think i asked when i was on the phone, but i was soo excited i can barely remember what i said except about money.....im the worst!

it def has navi ....and thats awesome that i have 19s...im very very excited...

it def has the bose so thats cool about the prem package and it def has bluetooth so i think its def prem package...

does it have this??? i know its in theory an additional option?
Rear Active Steer Package: Rear Active Steer, vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering with 15.1:1 steering gear ratio (requires Sport-Tuned and Premium Packages)

thanks darkstar...i really really appreciate it...

Old 12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
ha no problem bro. I don't even have the car yet so all I can do is research it, I know a ridicoulous amount about them now and still don't have the funds to own one

Rear Active Steering(RAS) is pretty rare, and it's not really that big of a deal if your car has it or not. Basically, it makes turning slightly easier, but you can get the same or better effect with a nice pair of sway bars. Also, I'm pretty sure it adds a decent amount of weight, so you probably wouldn't want it anyway.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
wow i mean i was literally freaking out over here you made my YEAR! thank you so much...

and yeah, it is kinda heavy...i think 3600 or something like that?

lol i have no idea what sway bars are, but thats why im getting a g...i really think its an amazing car with an amazing culture....

lol, and im sure the car will handle amazing, with or without the Rear Active Steering RAS

while im kinda talking to you...could you point me in a good direction if for right now, i just wanna put about 500 bucks into the car...(its christmas time,,,who the hell has extra cash) could you recommend any mods that i could do that i would get alot of value out of...like a little more horsepower, or a little better handling, or whatever i should get that would be a smart desicion.

ps i dont expect to spend thousands of dollars to add mods to the car, just good regular maint...and ill def look into oil consumption tests right away

thanks again

Old 12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
cosmetics: JDM clear corners, 20% tints all around, splash guards/spoiler

performance: aftermarket lowering springs, air intake, exhaust, etc.

performance is much more expensive than cosmetic mods

Old 12-07-2008, 05:07 PM
^ forgot to mention...

if you plan to keep your OEM 19" wheels, you must get wheel spacers (15mm front, 20mm rear)...it will make your car look 10x better

...or you can just get aftermarket wheels with the correct offset.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM
what do rear spacers do...it was hard to look up

Old 12-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by whlee84
cosmetics: JDM clear corners, 20% tints all around, splash guards/spoiler

performance: aftermarket lowering springs, air intake, exhaust, etc.

performance is much more expensive than cosmetic mods

i think the car looks amazing, so i prob wont change much for cosmetics....maybe tint

ill prob get the spoiler too if its only around 200

so air intake and exhaust stuff is good to look into?...thanks

Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by DillersG
they are already closed for the day, so that is why i cant call the dealer. they had a death in the family and....blah blah blah...who cares...but i cant call them...thats the point
wow, your a pretty big *******...

in that case, i hope your car has more rock chips and rash than your mother.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by koksik86
wow, your a pretty big *******...

in that case, i hope your car has more rock chips and rash than your mother.
youre right...i didnt mean it to come out like that...i was just panicking and didnt want to waste peoples time with random excuses of why i cant just call the dealer on a sunday afternoon...

much apologies...

Old 12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Clear corners are just taking out the the amber lights on the front bumper and putting ones with clear lens in the place. $30

Sway Bars reduce body roll, as in how much your car body tilts when turn hard. ~200-300 for a pair.

You can lower your car with springs or coilovers, but only to a very limited extent before you need to buy a camber kit to prevent pre mature tire wear.

Spacers just make your wheels stick out more from the car, kind of lines them up, makes them look 100x better.

And tint.

As far as the engine, I wouldn't do much. Our cars 3.5L V6 is pushing near it's peak power already, you won't see considerable gains unless you use Forced Induction(Turbo or supercharge). getting a Cold Air Intake and Exhaust makes it sound really nice, but don't do myuch for hp.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
ah come on man, u really cant search? i mean i know ur new but come on

Old 12-07-2008, 11:53 PM
true...my bad....i just get fustrated lookin thru the post because you cant list them number of views or rating or replys it sucks....but i guess ill just keep my head down and be part of the team....

but seriously, you def right my bad

Old 12-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
i dont mean to insult u man, im just saying theres A LOT of information on this site and yes its tiresome and annoying to look through it but trust me you get a lot of valuable knowledge out of it because out of all you read you tend to see what you want out of your car and then you spend your energy and time geared towards that goal

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 g35 6mt HELP PLEASE i just bought it