G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Clutch shutter isolated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2004 | 06:08 PM
|
Clutch shutter isolated

Ok I finally isolated the clutch shutter on my G. Before it just happend time to time but now I know exactly when it happens. When I'm in 1st and accelerate past 2k rpm I get off the gas and let the car decelerate and while decelerating I depress the clutch and DAMN there is the shutter. It does it everytime when I do that. Just did it to see if I could replacate it. Well I'm taking it to dealer 120 miles away next week. We'll see if they can fix it. Ya think it might be the pressure plate or even the clutch plate?

Old 06-04-2004 | 07:54 PM
Re: Clutch shutter isolated

i feel some shutter from time to time as well...never really thought much of it.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

and while decelerating I depress the clutch and DAMN there is the shutter

<hr></blockquote>I'm interested to hear what they tell you, but i suspect they are going to say that you should be slightly giving it gas (accelerating) when you press the clutch & shift up, not letting the rpms drop.

Let us know after you speak to the dealer.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 06-04-2004 | 08:10 PM

i feel the same exact thing so please post your experience so i can decide to take it in or not

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's

Old 06-04-2004 | 08:32 PM
|

I do put in gas when I shift. I just decelerated to isolate the shutter. I was saying that the shutter is bad when u let the car decelerate and then push in the clutch. I just did it to find out when the clutch shutters as oppsed to normal shifting.
I really dont think it's normal anyways cuz it doesn't shutter in any other gear.
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ironrice on 06/04/04 05:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-04-2004 | 09:06 PM

maybe the shutter you have is different that what i have felt.
Seems like i have only ever felt a shutter when i release the clutch, not push the clutch in.

How often is it happening?

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, double 15% tint

Old 06-05-2004 | 03:18 AM
|

Not much when I shift normally, sometimes tho there were shutter even when I shift normally. But today when I was slowing down at a light in 1st gear I noticed a significant amount of shutter so that's when I started to see if it would do it everytime and sure enuff it did. ****in [censored] I like this car but ****in I'm starting to have second thought. [censored] I'm almost thinking about trading it in for a Acura. ****in piece of [censored].

Old 06-05-2004 | 10:43 AM

this is what i got from a 350z forum which has the same 6mt as the g35 do. noise came whenever "a lot" of torque would be applied to the rear end for example starting out in first gear, shifting 2nd to 3rd. but it not such a click it was more like a clack sound, more like metal on metal sound.

as it turns out the rear axle axle needed to be retorqued. this is the exact text from the repair order

16359 DRIVE AXLESHAFT NUT NOT TORQUED WITHIN SPEC W4 STRAIGHT TIME 2.0HRS LISTEN TO NOISE WHILE DRIVING WITH CHASIS EARS, FOUND NOISE COMMING FROM REAR DRIVELINE AREA UNDER ACCELERATION, TIGHTEN ALL BOLTS ON DIFFERENTIAL & REAR SUBFRAME, CKDRIVESHAFT, THIS DID NOT RESOLVE THE INCIDENT, REMOVE REAR HALF SHAFTS & INSPECT, RETORQUED BOTH SHAFTS WHICH RESOLVED INCIDENT, ROAD TEST CAR & NOISE IN NOT THERE ANYMORE

ALSO:

change the trans fluid around 5000 to 10,000 miles as they are metal shaveing in the fluid... this should make the shifting a lot more smooth... well thats all the info that i found for the notchiness and clacking sound hope this helps all of you who has this prob, as i do. and guys its not a shity cluch its just high porformance expect it. GOOD LUCK ALL ; )

Old 06-06-2004 | 02:54 AM
|

Hmmm I dont think its the rear axel. Now i hear some clicking and swooshing sound when in gear. I just noticed it today. When I push in the clutch the sound is gone so I definately know that it's the tranny. Man F*ck this piece of **** car. I'm trading this bitch in when I can. I'm sooo pissed. 2500 miles and already major problems.

Old 06-07-2004 | 05:20 PM

Ironrice, I have the same problem. You're right about when it happens. It happens to me when I drive up my ramp in first gear. I slow down at the street and hit my clutch and there's that sound it makes. Like something got stuck and released last minute. I brought my car to the dealer today. They said they fixed the problems but ofcourse I picked it up and the sound is still there. I'm so pissed right now. They torqued the rear suspension or something like that they said. It does however switch gears with no sounds now that they tightened that but the other sound is still there. It might've gone away a little bit, I will test it out later. I just got back from the dealer and at first I didn't hear the noise. By the time I got home I was testing it over and over again and I started to hear it. Let me know if you figure out what it is.

Old 06-08-2004 | 04:59 PM
|

I just dropped it off at the dealer today. Well the manager said that it wasn't normal so hopefully they will fix it. Man that sux that ur dealer didn't even fix it. Are you hearing any grinding noise? I started to hear grinding, kocking noise this passed weekend. Didn't happen before. It happens when I'm in gear when I'm not in gear, well it just does it when I'm moving. I'll keep ya updated.

Old 06-09-2004 | 07:58 AM

Please PM me when you find out what's wrong. I don't always check this board so I might miss your post. I don't hear any grinding noises right now.

Old 06-09-2004 | 07:33 PM

Hahaha they censored Iron rice when he said the poop word, but he's allowed to say the "F" word. I just thought that was kinda funny.

Inside my shell, I wait and bleed

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI