K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:23 AM
|
Re: Me vs. STi neck to neck

neffster...no i was not busy eating, but if you don't believe me than I suggest that you do so.

I could of purchased a faster car but chose not too, because I did not want a faster car. Could I afford a faster car? Oh ya I think I could manage CL 55? oh ya...M5? oh ya...M3? oh ya...not new but i had my chance on all. But its not the smartest thing to do right now.

For those non believers out there.....keep living your life on paper. The FACT is the car could not pull on me. We raced till 90 neck to neck.

OG 03.5

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:46 AM

kahboom, which bmi are you referring to? the only vid i've seen with the skylines were the gtr battle (with all the gtrs, sti and evo) and the rx8 battle (but that was a regular wrx--NOT an sti). in the gtr battle, the sti came in second; the skyline came in second to last.

also remember: the jdm sti has a different engine putting down less hp.

also, i agree about the catchup logic; however, the sti has a very linear power curve, unlike the evo. also, by the time they hit 90, the sti should've been ahead if he had something like a second on the 30-70 time. and low end is where stis have their strength; after a certain speed, they'll die off. and unless the driver kept it in like 3rd, i don't think lag would've been a factor.

Old 06-08-2004 | 12:41 PM
|

there has to be some explanation. The guy waited for me and we both gunned it at almost the same time. I'm guessing the roll was about 15mph.

OG 03.5

Old 06-08-2004 | 01:12 PM

"It gets me from point A to point B. There are a trillion cars out there faster and better looking than my car." You're kidding me right? A car that gets you from point A to point B would be Saturn or low end Toyota. And there aren't a "trilliion" cars that are faster and especially better looking. Sorry dude, don't know where you were going with that one. My G Coupe is faster than most cars in its class and is especially one of the best looking. The STi doesn't nearly compare in looks and class.

Old 06-08-2004 | 01:27 PM

I think I'll step up on this one... according to my info, I believe him that it was neck to neck... here's why:
according to http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=272&ID2=169(this is the only place that shows 0-150 stats)
g35 6spd will reach 30-80 in 7.29sec(i know this guy has an AT but there shouldn't be a big difference maybe few tenths since there's only few tenths difference in 1/4)
STi will reach 30-80 in 6.77sec.
difference is only 0.52sec... and make sure you realize it's a street racing... whoever reacts faster will have a chance to win within 1sec difference on the streets...
but after 80, STi will pull more though...
g35 30-100mph is 12.39sec while
STi will get there in 11.07sec..
so I'll believe everyone who said it was neck to neck till about 80 but after that no way!!!!

Old 06-08-2004 | 01:46 PM

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ts&Main=265014

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 06-08-2004 | 01:48 PM

I may stand corrected... now that I look closer looks like it was just a WRX.

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 06-08-2004 | 02:05 PM

A few other factors should be considered in all of this:

Outside temp. and prior traffic conditions.
That top-mounted intercooler gets heat-soaked rather
quickly.

Did the Subie look modified? Front-mount intercooler,
exhaust, etc.? The reason I ask is because I've seen a
lot of cars (turbos especially) that respond poorly to common
bolt-ons unless they're tuned properly, etc. It doesn't take
much being out-of-whack to reduce the performance a bit.

I thought the Subie's clutch was notoriously weak as well,
just like the Evo 8's.

I agree, the G shouldn't be able to take or hang with an STI,
but the fact is that there will be times that it can and does.
You can't always expect numbers to apply directly to the
street and under so many variables.

And be sure to remember that^ the next time your
girl is with you and you rev on a Ford Fiesta.

'05 IP(or ?) 6MT... ...Never too soon to think about modifications!!

Old 06-08-2004 | 03:26 PM
|

Ive seen STi in the Boston area with mods and this definately wasn't one of them. But the only look I got at the car was the rear end and the side. When we both eased out the light I may have been the one who gunned it first but it was neck and neck. I slightly started to pull in 3rd but he quickly regained. It was neck to neck. I had to call my boy after and tell him because I couldn't believe it. I also knew the people on here wouldn't believe it.

OG 03.5

Old 06-08-2004 | 04:56 PM

explanation? could be a truckload of things. he could have a wrx that has been altered to look like an sti. he could have screwed up his ecu tuning. he could have crushed intercooler piping. he could've been stuck in a gust of 150 degree air. he could've filled up on 87 gas. could be anything. i don't disbelieve you at all. i'm just saying realistically, an sti should be faster--i say 'should', because as anyone will tell you, anything can happen on the street.

screw it. you did good, and that's all that matters.

Old 06-08-2004 | 05:48 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

neffster...no i was not busy eating, but if you don't believe me than I suggest that you do so.

<hr></blockquote>

Never said your story was BS, I just think you need to lose the arrogant attitude before you log on, that's all. Telling people to eat dick for no reason just makes everyone think you're a tool.

301-bhp!!! ...and growing!

Old 06-08-2004 | 07:05 PM
|

I hate that word tool! Anyways....I am the same person in person that I am online. I just don't like it when people come out screaming BS to something that is fact.

Fact: I kept up (neck to neck) with an STi.

If you don't believe me then don't post. What I am looking for is the reason this happened. I read up and down how great of a machine the STi is, but yet I was able to keep up.....explanation. Thats all.....I'm not asking for all of these cheesy one liners, or snappy comebacks. I am a 23 year old professional who has more important things to do then fabricating stories about races. Why would I have to lie about beating a car? jeez

OG 03.5

Old 06-11-2004 | 02:01 PM

Kahboom, that little anime on your post is off the hook. LOL

2002 Maxima SE (auto)
- Trust Tower Strut Bars
- Falken Ziex ZE-512s (definite mod)
- Cattman Y-pipe

Best time to date: 14.725sec@93.04mph w/60'-2.169
Englishtown - 9/7/02 (Stock setup)

Old 06-12-2004 | 10:57 AM

i believe you, i posted basically the same story a few months ago and got pretty much the same response..."oh he must not have been a good driver"...or the ever so popular "STi will kill a G35 coupe" <~ if thats wat happens when you race an STi, who's the bad driver? When all of you haters race an STi and have first hand experience with it, then post a response please, not some BS about numbers from a magazine. Power this, power that, not one of you mention anything about tranny and differential gear ratios...ratios? yes, ratios, amongst other variables, play a major role in where the power this, power that come into play. you can have a 500 hp car that is geared for 1/4 mile racing, and he'll race a 400 hp car that is geared for top speed, and lose on a highway run. Power is just one of the variables that come into play in the grand scheme of things.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra
Bone Stock...to be continued...
"You kill mah brodah, now I kill you!" - some old kung-fu flick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Me vs. STi neck to neck