G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New To The Site....Considering A 2003-2006 G35 Coup!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New To The Site....Considering A 2003-2006 G35 Coup!

Hey!

I'm going to give a little back round information regarding myself. I'm 25 years old and currently reside in NY (Long Island to be exact). I currently drive a 2006 Scion Tc. I'm looking to get out of it and into a G35

This car is considered luxury correct? Ok, me and my fiance are tying the knot this Aug! I'm a computer tech (studying to be a certified computer tech next year!) Anyway, the Tc HP is pushing 160.....how much faster is the G35 pushing? I'm not into racing, but I love bypassing people some times. In no way I'm a speed demon, Just like to have the power because I know it's there.

Also, I pay roughly $200 for insurance. Is the insurance going to increase If i choose to purchase the G35? Anybody have any advice on this situation?

The G's are going a little cheap nowadays....So i was looking to purchase in the next few months (Before summer). Any pros? Cons? of owning a G?

I know Scion is poorly made exterior and interior. It also rattles like a rattle snake. It got pretty annoying

Well, I'm sure if I get some responses within the next hour, I can reply. Ohhh anybody from Long Island? Maybe you could recommend me a dealership or a salesman?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome.. Research is your friend.. About which dealership to go to I'd recommend going to Infiniti of Massapequa and speaking with Kenny.. I will also be purchasing my car in the next few months.. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:16 AM
welcome to a fellow LIer. Insurance isn't too bad...I pay roughly $160/month through Allstate. The insurance rate for my old Civic was higher than what I currently pay for the G35.

Only advice:
If you can afford to, I would invest in winter tires and/or wheels. I went through 2 LI winters with my summer tires. The storm that hit the Friday before Xmas...my car would have been all over the road. With my winter tires that I purchased last month, I was able to make it around safely, without the slip light even coming on.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 AM
I've never driven a Scion but I'm sure the G35 will be more than enough power to pass most cars on the road.

Pros of the G35c I'd say is definitely the styling (still looks relatively new on the road), for me so far reliability (sold my 1st g35 in to my 2nd), and a mix of luxury and performance

Cons are the rattles and poor gas mileage especially compared to your Scion.

I would definitely try to get in to an 05-06 because the interior in my opinion is much better than the 03-04's

Good luck with your search and I'm sure you will love the G35!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
G's are puttin' over 200 to the wheels so you will love the improved power.

It's also 99 times sexier.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by hangman
welcome to a fellow LIer. Insurance isn't too bad...I pay roughly $160/month through Allstate. The insurance rate for my old Civic was higher than what I currently pay for the G35.

Only advice:
If you can afford to, I would invest in winter tires and/or wheels. I went through 2 LI winters with my summer tires. The storm that hit the Friday before Xmas...my car would have been all over the road. With my winter tires that I purchased last month, I was able to make it around safely, without the slip light even coming on.
Who said slip light doesn't come on with winter tires? Even with VDC shut off (to get yourself out off snow) it still kicks in here and there.

For OP: I love the coupe, I own the coupe and will keep the coupe because I don't know when will I able to get the next sport car but as a family man (after got the coupe) I suggest that you should get the 4drs (X if possible). The car looks good as well, power is there and insurance will be definitely cheaper than a two doors. It maybe even cheaper than your TC. Who knows you may have a kid or twins after you got hitched. That's my $.02 and goodluck on your decision my friend.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear wheel drive definitely sucks in NY winters....I have a Honda Accord for the nasty weather just because I dont trust my G in the snow or rain.

So a four door X makes more sense if its ur only car. But the car is miles better than a scion. And its much sportier and quicker, and still turns heads. Good luck with your purchase!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Thank you guys for the responses. I'm not a fan of the 4 door G's. My fiance has a Scion XB. So we have more then enough room. That is why I'm considering a G35. I notice "Daniel3ooo" mentioned that it rattles? How bad is the gas? I considered the Scion TC to be a gas guzzler compared to my father's Toyota Camry....which sports the same engine. Anyway, are the rattles that bad? The TC's are knows for rattles! I hate rattles! Lol thanks

Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, all cars get rattles, not just the Infiniti. But I can tolerate it, some turn up the volume to fix the rattles, somes rattles can be fixed just go to DIY section. Gas is decent, most of us will get 19mpg average, I get 350 miles on 15+ gallons (fuel sensor is bad, have to reset trip mileage everytime refuel). Fuel sensor is one common issue on the coupe.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I get 22MPG city driving, 26 on the highway with cruise contriol. My car has 17K and so far tires look like they can handle another 17K. Many peeps in G's drive it like a bat out of hell, eben the automatics. That's the main reason for excessive: tire wear, break wear, gas consumption. Hope that helps you.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Test drive a G and see how you like it for your self. Gas is going to suck for you if you think your tc was a guzzler. I went from an accord sedan 4 banger to the G coupe. First things I noticed is that it eats gas and it only takes premium. also its a sports car so you will not get the smooth/quiet ride of a sedan. Also you need all season tires to drive this car in the winter....below 32 degrees on the summer tires not a good idea. I kept the accord as a beater, i dont think you are trying to have 2 cars right?

Old 01-02-2009, 12:12 PM
No 2 cars for me. I like to stick with a dd. I wonder if its a smoother ride then a scion TC. Hmmmmm would have to test drive one tomorrow to get the full feel for it.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Yea, test drive one. try to drive it around where you live. My sister has a tc and I have driven it a good number of times. I would say the ride is similar....the G being better. On a smooth pothole free road its perfect, but it won't handle rough roads and potholes as well as a E class sedan.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by vhtran
Who said slip light doesn't come on with winter tires? Even with VDC shut off (to get yourself out off snow) it still kicks in here and there.

For OP: I love the coupe, I own the coupe and will keep the coupe because I don't know when will I able to get the next sport car but as a family man (after got the coupe) I suggest that you should get the 4drs (X if possible). The car looks good as well, power is there and insurance will be definitely cheaper than a two doors. It maybe even cheaper than your TC. Who knows you may have a kid or twins after you got hitched. That's my $.02 and goodluck on your decision my friend.
I never said it wouldn't come on. Just giving an example of my 12 mile commute home that Friday. Most cars were going 25-30 mph. With the summer tires, I wouldn't have been able to keep up with them. I've taken corners quickly with these tires (without snow), and the slip light comes on.

If you know LI traffic, drive like a maniac in the snow, and the people on your butt are gonna end up on top of you.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
How about Boston traffic? Isn't that good enough compare to LI? Just that you stated that the slip light won't even kick in. I don't want the new owner got the wrong idea since that he's asking our point of view in the car. I'd rather giving him the real experience that we got. But true that comparing summer to winter tires on the G is 1-10. Trunk full of gears for long road trip, 4 adults in the car and I can't even get out of my friend driveway with 1" of snow (not exaggerating). Have two guys pushed it out. After winter tires on, able to get out a snow bank up to almost 1/2 of the wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New To The Site....Considering A 2003-2006 G35 Coup!