G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

whats all covered under premium extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get out your copy of the warranty and read (especially if it's a third party warranty)!

However, really depends on who your warranty is through, is this an Infiniti dealer or a 3rd party warranty from a private dealer? If it's Infiniti, it could be a "wrap" or bumper to bumper warranty which should cover most of the things above except the paint chip and probably the belt squeak, these are wear and tear items.

If it's only on the powertrain, like a CPO, you'll probably get the suspension deal, and maybe the TPMS. The TPMS can probably be fixed by yourself, inflate the tires to 35psi, and reset the sensor if need be.

Third party warranty, who knows, thats on you when you bought it.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
tire pressure lights on
cd changer says check cd when good cd is in (cant play cds)
cup holder in backseat, lid wont stay up
tiny chip in paint on a rim
alignments off a tiny bit
slight popping from front suspention when turning
belt squeeks

*Note*I have a premium warranty and have dealt with infiniti service about 20 times including getting a free premium warranty, engine replaced twice due to defect and tranny replaced.

1. tire pressure- Have you check your tire are properly inflated and that you car has in fact all the OEM tire pressure sensors installed or verify they are still there. If one is missing or under inflated then that will be solved. Dealer may fix if necessary.

2. CD changer will be replaced by dealer, but you could always buy a used cd player from someone for much less than a warranty.

3. Dealership will probably not replace the rear cup holder, if you said it flaps up and down under normal driving then maybe and they mave even try and do it themselves. They have to have a legimate reason need to be replaced or corporate will not reimburse them.

4. Paint chip in wheel is completely a wear and tear problem and will never be replaced under warranty by infiniti. Even if the sideview mirror was defective and fell off and chipped it, infiniti would not replace it. Road damage is never covered.

5. Alignment is a wear and tear service that the customer needs to do somewhat regularly. Now if the car pulls after being aligned properly or will not hold an alignment then thats another story, and could be a greater issue.

6. Front suspension will be looked at infiniti, if deemed a defect then replaced. Shocks are wear and tear and are customers responsibility.

7. belt squeeks may be oiled by infiniti, but they will likely tell you to replace them because its any easy sale if they say they are cracked...they may just be .

Hope this helps, remember they will replace stuff sometimes just because they know they can get some money from corporate. I know this because I went out and bought and installed a brand new window motor myself but they timing needed to be reset before it would work right. I took it in and said, Im having a problem with the window...they replaced the motor stating " they motor is bad" I just bought it and it worked 100 percent 10 minutes before that. damn i can type when i have work early the next year

Old 01-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by luke
its a complete bumper to bumper warranty from the dealership
What is the name of the warranty? It is the Infiniti Elite? What deductable? As long as it's Infiniti's and you have the agreement booklet, you should be good for everything the bumper to bumper factory warranty covers except for trim and wear and tear items. Just make sure it is not a third party warranty.